Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Personally

Pearson I would suspect is 'old school' in his approach to man management. I personally think a more modern approach may be required, where you massage the players massive ego's and be their' best friends' to get results, Di Matteo appeared to adopt that approach and look at the success he had!

Before anyone mentions Sir Alex, well I reckon I could consistently get that bunch in the top two or three with the finance and quality of players he has available.

If Nigel leaves today I completely understand and I would not really question the owners. I would also wish Nigel well for the future. He had a great couple of months this season when we all thought it was working very well. He hasn't blown our finances like Sven and he is a man worthy of respect. Okay it isn't working like we all wanted but why so much HATE people? Actual hate. I'm just a bit disappointed, but you shouldn't turn on the man quite so violently.

Spot on

I do support Leicester he is still our manager at the moment, maybe if himself and the players wasn't trolled as much by thick, little internet keyboard warriors putting them down all the time they would 1 day reach their potential

Oh grow up, not everybody who disagrees with you is of lower intelligence.

I think Pearson has made his position untenable.

This is a shame, as he has done a great job for us in the past and I don't doubt he will go on and be successful for another club.

The thing which leaves a nasty taste in the mouth about the whole thing is the glee from the 'we not win sak da manager' neanderthals.

This is a shame, as he has done a great job for us in the past and I don't doubt he will go on and be successful for another club.

The thing which leaves a nasty taste in the mouth about the whole thing is the glee from the 'we not win sak da manager' neanderthals.

Yup

Im not sure shipping players out on loan is getting them off the wage bill, they will come back. I would also guess we have been paying a percentage of that wage whilst another club has had the benefit of their services. Not good business imo

You can't sell players to people that won't buy them can you. Buying mediocre players on huge money is not a good business decision is it. To temporarily get rid of such players who may also be disruptive out on loan and recoup at least some money is however imo.

Nige has done a good job to balance the books and bring in some quality young players, however it is time for someone to take us onto the next level , the way Bruce has at Hull. For me the man is Hughes if we can get him

You can't sell players to people that won't buy them can you. Buying mediocre players on huge money is not a good business decision is it. To temporarily get rid of such players who may also be disruptive out on loan and recoup at least some money is however imo.

absolutely!

These Sven worshipers don't seem to take in to account how hard of a job he made for NP. Signing average players on huge wages and long term contracts makes it near enough impossible to sell on and get a decent deal for the club. I think he handled that really well and brought in young and hungry players.

For large parts of the season that approach worked but obviously the wheels have fallen off that now. Maybe adding a few experienced heads in January could've got us over the line, who knows? I think it's inevitable that he's gone and I for one wish him luck and would have no hesitation applauding him on his return to the KP

I never said you could get rid of players on high wages that nobody wants, just that shipping them out on loan and still paying a percentage isnt something that should be applauded. However i did beleive matt mills was in this catergory and im delighted to find he has been sold. One bit of positive news for me albeit seven months out of date.

Has any other manager in the CChip been given the backing/funds as much as our owners have?

Its even worse now cos of the extra cash that relegated clubs from the Prem will get (60 mill)..The gulf next year will be MASSIVE...and an even bigger job for someone

Nige has done a good job to balance the books and bring in some quality young players, however it is time for someone to take us onto the next level , the way Bruce has at Hull. For me the man is Hughes if we can get him

I agree that we need the next level manager. How Swansea have done it is the way!

Not so sure about Hughes but someone in the mould of RDM would do nicely

Football watched by neanderthals shock......shit manager hounded out by fans shock.....should you perhaps get into polo or dare I say it rugger where everyone is polite and happy?

It's such a shame, I really wanted NP to do well - I like him as a manager, and we played amazing football at the start of the season.

It's just when your target is promotion, a run of results like this just aren't acceptable.

Pearson I would suspect is 'old school' in his approach to man management. I personally think a more modern approach may be required, where you massage the players massive ego's and be their' best friends' to get results, Di Matteo appeared to adopt that approach and look at the success he had!

Before anyone mentions Sir Alex, well I reckon I could consistently get that bunch in the top two or three with the finance and quality of players he has available.

From a West Brom season ticket holder friend, RDM had an aloof superior attitude with players and was a poor communicator at times. Mainly due to the fact that he appeared to expect his players to be as talented as he once was. Quite a few ex players have had this attitude i.e. Gullet and Keane to name but two. RDM therefore was probably more at home dealing with the more talented players at Chelsea.

absolutely!

These Sven worshipers don't seem to take in to account how hard of a job he made for NP. Signing average players on huge wages and long term contracts makes it near enough impossible to sell on and get a decent deal for the club. I think he handled that really well and brought in young and hungry players.

For large parts of the season that approach worked but obviously the wheels have fallen off that now. Maybe adding a few experienced heads in January could've got us over the line, who knows? I think it's inevitable that he's gone and I for one wish him luck and would have no hesitation applauding him on his return to the KP

But signing average players on slightly less money and temporarily moving these players out whilst paying a proportion of the wage isnt really great either, when nige leaves we will still have these player plus alot more shite to go with. It would have been better if he could have got the best out of what he had and added a little to it. This was a short term fix that we have to pay for long term.

Pearson is a decent manager tbf and he's done a lot for the club like getting in the play offs straight away and our form from earlier this year. But something's just gone and the players blatantly cudnt be arsed at barnsley.

I reckon whoever is in charge next year won't get us promoted 1. Because they'll want their own players and 2. Because of how good the teams are comin down (villa, QPR)

From a West Brom season ticket holder friend, RDM had an aloof superior attitude with players and was a poor communicator at times. Mainly due to the fact that he appeared to expect his players to be as talented as he once was. Quite a few ex players have had this attitude i.e. Gullet and Keane to name but two. RDM therefore was probably more at home dealing with the more talented players at Chelsea.

Are u suggesting our players aren't as good as Chelsea's? lol

Knockaert> Hazard

King> Mata

Etc....

I think Pearsons time is up but if he isn't sacked or leaves I wouldn't lose sleep. There's not much better options out there at the moment. The only thing we can hope for now is for us to pull together and try and push for play offs. If we don't make it and Nige is still here I will still support him. He's done a very good job with us, from where he picked us up when we was in League One. If he does go, then good luck to the bloke, and thanks for what he's done. If not, let's move forward, try getting that playoff spot or move on to next season.

I do support Leicester he is still our manager at the moment, maybe if himself and the players wasn't trolled as much by thick, little internet keyboard warriors putting them down all the time they would 1 day reach their potential

It doesn't matter who we get in, because unless things go right at the first time of asking the same voices will pipe up & we'll start all over again, again, again.

Take McDermott who many who want NP out, want to get in... Reading didn't get promoted in his first full season... they started the following season down in relegation spots for that first international break... He'd never survive here.

No manager will.

If NP is to go, as his inability to lift the players indicates he's in danger of... then some of the 'fans' need to **** off too.

It's as impossible a job as England.

Any success in any recent history worth talking about came from managers here for a while, whether it was Brian Little taking a side that just avoided relegation and had been in the doldrums for a while to the Premier League over 3 years duration of his initial contract... or Martin O'Neill taking our relegated Premier League side back up then having enormous success over his 5 years here

absolutely!

Couldn't agree more mate. Another good post from you. I said right from the start, that Pearson would have to pick up so many pieces from Sven's tenure that it was gonna make his job so much harder.

Offloading the likes of Mills, Beckford (only on loan unfortunately) and Danns must have been tough work, but so needed doing. Should Nige get sacked, this will be the thing I will thank him for the most. Getting the club back into some financial state to meet FFP.

Having done this, it would be interesting to see how he did if he was to be given a second season.

The problem is, we have now gone almost to a point of no return, into 'melt-down' so to speak and it's massively hard to come back from that.

I said last summer that I expected us THIS season to finish in 7th, but NEXT season to get promotion. However, I doubt Nige will have that luxury anymore. Yesterday sounded utter utter dog turd.

But signing average players on slightly less money and temporarily moving these players out whilst paying a proportion of the wage isnt really great either, when nige leaves we will still have these player plus alot more shite to go with. It would have been better if he could have got the best out of what he had and added a little to it. This was a short term fix that we have to pay for long term.

I personally disagree. The players NP has signed have sell on value, well most of them.

Pretty sure we'll get double at least on Knocky.

Also there is more of a foundation to the squad for our next manager than what was left to Pearson by Sven. Although our current form is horrible I still believe there is a decent side in there and can see it being easy for a new manager to stamp his mark on it.

I'm rambling now, sorry lol

It doesn't matter who we get in, because unless things go right at the first time of asking the same voices will pipe up & we'll start all over again, again, again.

Take McDermott who many who want NP out, want to get in... Reading didn't get promoted in his first full season... they started the following season down in relegation spots for that first international break... He'd never survive here.

No manager will.

If NP is to go, as his inability to lift the players indicates he's in danger of... then some of the 'fans' need to **** off too.

It's as impossible a job as England.

Any success in any recent history worth talking about came from managers here for a while, whether it was Brian Little taking a side that just avoided relegation and had been in the doldrums for a while to the Premier League over 3 years duration of his initial contract... or Martin O'Neill taking our relegated Premier League side back up then having enormous success over his 5 years here

Yh, but MoN and Little were both successful straight away so we hung on to them. We haven't put up with a manager who is unachieving for about 30-40 years!

Archived