Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Personally

Couldn't agree more mate. Another good post from you. I said right from the start, that Pearson would have to pick up so many pieces from Sven's tenure that it was gonna make his job so much harder.

Offloading the likes of Mills, Beckford (only on loan unfortunately) and Danns must have been tough work, but so needed doing. Should Nige get sacked, this will be the thing I will thank him for the most. Getting the club back into some financial state to meet FFP.

Having done this, it would be interesting to see how he did if he was to be given a second season.

The problem is, we have now gone almost to a point of no return, into 'melt-down' so to speak and it's massively hard to come back from that.

I said last summer that I expected us THIS season to finish in 7th, but NEXT season to get promotion. However, I doubt Nige will have that luxury anymore. Yesterday sounded utter utter dog turd.

Imagine next season on this forum if Pearson kept his job?! lol

Think me and you are on the same page with most things LCFC related

I still believe NP is a decent manager although I can't see where he can go from here......

Unfortunately things have taken a dramatic turn for the worst and he is accountable. He's got us into a decent position in January and he's failed to keep us there. This in my opinion comes down more the physiology of the players, which really falls under the management team's remit.

I don't really see what use sacking him now will do. To me that say's as a club we're giving up on promotion this season and building for the next. After all there are still games left to rescue the situation against teams in and around us.

It's still in our hands.....

If Nigel leaves today I completely understand and I would not really question the owners. I would also wish Nigel well for the future. He had a great couple of months this season when we all thought it was working very well. He hasn't blown our finances like Sven and he is a man worthy of respect. Okay it isn't working like we all wanted but why so much HATE people? Actual hate. I'm just a bit disappointed, but you shouldn't turn on the man quite so violently.

Good post.

I think the last few months will make Pearson a stronger manager for the future. He's a relatively inexperienced manager compared to some and you only gain experience by making mistakes and learning from them.

IF he has lost some of the players respect due to egotistical reasons then I'm sure at a new club he'll be able to do things differently. I bet he'll look at the last few months and think "do you know what, of I'd had a time machine I would have handled that incident differently...."

The above only applies if rumours are to be believed. It might just be stubbornness when it comes to tactics - Again he should learn from this.

One thing I'll say is that NP has lived by his philosophy of being very consistent. He's always stayed extremely balanced and never over reacted when we hit 6 past Huddesfield and Ipswich.

When we went down with Holloway I remember seeing the table with us in the relegation zone on the BBC website. Next to it was Holloway's silly article" what Holloway thinks about Alex Fergurson, Italian Football and Banannas" you couldn't get more polar opposites than them two.

The thing is I believe there does need to be a balance. You don't spend your time doing silly articles when your teams in a relegation fight, but there has been times this season where I've just craved a "get in!!!!" from NP.

Yh, but MoN and Little were both successful straight away so we hung on to them. We haven't put up with a manager who is unachieving for about 30-40 years!

Why would we? Stability is only the right option if you have the right man in charge, who has been sacked at Leicester and gone onto make a sucessful career elsewhere?

I still believe NP is a decent manager although I can't see where he can go from here......

Unfortunately things have taken a dramatic turn for the worst and he is accountable. He's got us into a decent position in January and he's failed to keep us there. This in my opinion comes down more the physiology of the players, which really falls under the management team's remit.

I don't really see what use sacking him now will do. To me that say's as a club we're giving up on promotion this season and building for the next. After all there are still games left to rescue the situation against teams in and around us.

It's still in our hands.....

I agree that Nige has got the wage bill down albeit by selling players at a considerable loss (Mills) and subsidising the wages of Bekford. However, he did spend a fair amount on Vardy, De Laet, James none of whom have enhanced the team particularly and would all the surplus to requirements if we did somehow get promoted. Wood is another who is a good Championship striker but without the potential to progress beyond that. So we are left with a middling Championship side at best.

DeLaet not enhanced the team! Your joking right? How many times you seen us this season, up there for player of season with Morgan

I know this is fairly obvious but I'd have to question the mental strength of the players we employ. Not anywhere near enough leaders at the moment. When it's just your keeper ranting and raving there is something. Need a leader in defence, midfield and up front. Can be just one player in each but we need someone out there to kick them up the arse when we look lost

Wasn't MoN in danger of getting sacked in his first season?

I don't think O'Neill was in danger of being sacked.

He was being abused by fans at the stadium and on the radio but I would be very supprised if an old head like Martin George was taking any notice of that.

I don't think O'Neill was in danger of being sacked.

He was being abused by fans at the stadium and on the radio but I would be very supprised if an old head like Martin George was taking any notice of that.

I think from memory most fury was vented at the board but o'neill certainly took some stick but i dont think the board were considering sacking him. If they were it was only to divert attention away from themselves.

I think Pearsons time is up but if he isn't sacked or leaves I wouldn't lose sleep. There's not much better options out there at the moment. The only thing we can hope for now is for us to pull together and try and push for play offs. If we don't make it and Nige is still here I will still support him. He's done a very good job with us, from where he picked us up when we was in League One. If he does go, then good luck to the bloke, and thanks for what he's done. If not, let's move forward, try getting that playoff spot or move on to next season.

spot on. We are 7th with our next game against the team in 6th. Still all to play for. COYB

spot on. We are 7th with our next game against the team in 6th. Still all to play for. COYB

The team in 6th are playing tonight at home to Charlton got to hope the f**k up!

Otherwise a potential 4 point gap is going to be hard to overrun unless we beat the team currently on 6th on Saturday!

The team in 6th are playing tonight at home to Charlton got to hope the f**k up!

Otherwise a potential 4 point gap is going to be hard to overrun unless we beat the team currently on 6th on Saturday!

so if we were to win sat. Are you saying 1 point will be hard to claw back?

It was Pearson who first mentioned 'clowns'.

Yep & he was 100% correct. Clowns (as early Sept wanting him out) along with delusions of grandeur (last season, when we had players who collectively had never got out of midtable, or even looked like doing so) etc... It was absolutely ridiculous from the fans right back then

Great point there Ashley, something I have to agree with... Before the season started, I would have taken a play off place. It's just a shame we were top of the league and fell. But the play offs is still in reach anyway; we have games against Nottingham Forest, Watford, Palace and Brighton all coming up so it is still possible, although I can't see us winning any of those games. You're not telling me all the teams currently in the top six will win every game, they should go through a patch where they don't pick up points (not as bad as us though). Palace have lost three on the bounce, for example.

Pearson has done a good job anyway. The wage bill is a big factor which people fail to see, and the squad he has built here (just like at Hull), is capable of making the play offs, in my opinion. We have been playing poor over recent weeks/month now though, something must have happened but who knows because, as fans, we only see the external part of the club.

so if we were to win sat. Are you saying 1 point will be hard to claw back?

Yep. They're all 6-pointers... if something good does come from the awful performance and they do turn it around and we win those games we'll be in the playoffs.

All 7 of our defeats in this awful have come against bottom half sides 23rd, 16th, 17th, 21st, 12th, 14th, 20th.... The highest placed side we've lost to was 12th.

If we can put in a performance like at Cardiff away, who are a much better side than Brighton and actually hold on in injury time, we'll be 1 pt behind (if Brighton win tonight) with more direct rivals still to play.

Also, we'll see what the owners are made of today/this week... but a quarter of a season of dire form makes it difficult to hold with the young player plan that will take time.

It doesn't matter who we get in, because unless things go right at the first time of asking the same voices will pipe up & we'll start all over again, again, again.

Take McDermott who many who want NP out, want to get in... Reading didn't get promoted in his first full season... they started the following season down in relegation spots for that first international break... He'd never survive here.

No manager will.

If NP is to go, as his inability to lift the players indicates he's in danger of... then some of the 'fans' need to **** off too.

It's as impossible a job as England.

Any success in any recent history worth talking about came from managers here for a while, whether it was Brian Little taking a side that just avoided relegation and had been in the doldrums for a while to the Premier League over 3 years duration of his initial contract... or Martin O'Neill taking our relegated Premier League side back up then having enormous success over his 5 years here

Exactly mate

The more it looks sven was treated harshly, one or two bad results then hammering against Millwall he was out, but we never really went on a losing streak with him.

Pearson I'm afraid as upset the dressing room somewhere and players just simply don't like him anymore. Also some of his bizarre tactics we've seen this season, okay his tactics were okay when we we're on a good run but after that it was terrible. The amount of players he's got rid of Beckford, Vassell, Danns, St Ledger, Moore (back now), Gelson, Bamba, Kennedy, Futacs & Schlupp (back now) Most of them didn't really do a lot wrong but suddenly Pearson chucks them out.

The more it looks sven was treated harshly, one or two bad results then hammering against Millwall he was out, but we never really went on a losing streak with him.

Pearson I'm afraid as upset the dressing room somewhere and players just simply don't like him anymore. Also some of his bizarre tactics we've seen this season, okay his tactics were okay when we we're on a good run but after that it was terrible. The amount of players he's got rid of Beckford, Vassell, Danns, St Ledger, Moore (back now), Gelson, Bamba, Kennedy, Futacs & Schlupp (back now) Most of them didn't really do a lot wrong but suddenly Pearson chucks them out.

Didn't do much wrong apart from get us in a position worse than the one we are currently in.

Didn't do much wrong apart from get us in a position worse than the one we are currently in.

And on and on goes the Babs bandwagon - 7th - 13th its all the same mate - 2 points off the play offs or 22 doesn't matter. You must have pulled yourself to bits the night the table was tight enough to make 2points of the play offs take us down to 13th , all your dreams came true but the fact is we were way more resilient, better to watch and rarely lost more than 2 on the bounce under Sven (ever?). You backed the wrong horse, he let you down, now man up and admit you were wrong

Why does players going out on loan/being sold/released automatically mean that the manager has fallen out with them?

Archived