Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SharpeFox

Pearson: I have owners' full support

I never get this 'get behind the manager' bollocks. What the **** do people think we've been doing all season?

Errr bitching and moaning mostly.

I've never known such a hostile atmosphere on here or at games when we were actually doing alright at the time.

All the speculation of new managers can stop now then. Glad this is the case. Hope he now finishes the season off with a bang and gets us in the playoffs. If this happens, a lot of members here will soon be quiet.

I've never known such a hostile atmosphere on here or at games when we were actually doing alright at the time.

The funniest thing is that when we were on that winning streak Foxestalk was a ghost town (particularly in post match threads when we had won) in comparison to when we are going through a rough patch. Look at how many new topics have been created recently and all the negative gimps come out of the woodwork.

People love to moan about rather than praise the team they are supposed to support for some reason.

The 'moaning' has had **** all influence on the ineptness of the last two months. There's a whole world outside this club and were no better or worse than any other fans. This **** up is entirely self constructed and no amount of cheering, booing, clapping, mumbling etc will shake us out if the tailspin we find ourselves in. It's time for weetabix hair and his highly assembled band of merry men to man the **** up, accept the pressure which accompanies being a player for city and sort it out.

The 'moaning' has had **** all influence on the ineptness of the last two months. There's a whole world outside this club and were no better or worse than any other fans. This **** up is entirely self constructed and no amount of cheering, booing, clapping, mumbling etc will shake us out if the tailspin we find ourselves in. It's time for weetabix hair and his highly assembled band of merry men to man the **** up, accept the pressure which accompanies being a player for city and sort it out.

Maybe it hasn't (I never said it did so not sure where the rant came from). But a positive supporting attitude can have a positive effect, just as a negative attitude can have a negative effect.

""I know my situation"... Pearson refused to give any details."

Translates to "They're supporting me on a game by game basis. A bad result against Brighton and I'll probably be sacked. I'm hanging on for dear life, and it's only the fact that no obvious replacement is available that is keeping me in a job"

This

Think the owners are in a win win situation with regards to how they now deal with NP. A sacking whilst on is run would be understandable to most, sticking with him shows patience. Glad they've gone for the patience but definitely think NP needs playoffs to save his job.

Sacking the manager before Brighton would be a gamble. If we were to beat Brighton playoffs is back on track, throwing the manager out would be a risk. Personally i think it's pretty simple for the owners, back Pearson until play offs are out of reach and then sack him. It's the proper thing to do, i don't think too many would argue with the sacking and it would give the right impression to future managers.

Happy with this. Stuff should remain behind closed doors because that's what team meetings and board meetings should be. If every inch of their meeting was published, not only does it get published to our fans, but also to other clubs/agents too. Something what Pearson has done now is fine - quash speculation without giving too much away. Typical Nige!

I'm glad he's staying til at least the end of the season (surely if he was going to get the boot, it would have been done after Barnsley). There's no point sacking a manager while it's still possible to get to the play-offs, regardless of our dour form.

Hopefully the players take heed too and motivate themselves much more now that we're playing higher opposition (i know it shouldn't be like that, though!)

Maybe it hasn't (I never said it did so not sure where the rant came from). But a positive supporting attitude can have a positive effect, just as a negative attitude can have a negative effect.

The biggest effect is organisation and individual quality. I could cheer the **** out of junior Lewis but he'd still be junior Lewis.

The biggest effect is organisation and individual quality. I could cheer the **** out of junior Lewis but he'd still be junior Lewis.

True. But with your positive cheering ringing in his ears, might he be more likely to play closer to his maximum ability than to his lowest ??

Our players have proven themselves good enough during stages of the season though, Junior Lewis has always been shit. We have a very young squad and most will have never been in a situation like ours, encouragement rather than getting on their backs would be preferable personally.

I was chatting to a retired pro the other day talking about the exact same thing and he said without question you sense the crowd and hear what's said and it can play a part in how you perform.

It's not the be all and end all, you're right, had we been organised properly in the first place it might have been different. But most would say it can help.

Archived