Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SharpeFox

Pearson: I have owners' full support

Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson has confirmed he has the full backing of the

club's

lb_icon1.png

owners in the wake of speculation about his job being under threat.

A report in the Daily Mirror today claimed that Pearson would be shown the door before City's trip to Brighton on Saturday.

lb_icon1.png

The City boss said he was aware of the speculation.

"We've got to get down to Brighton so we will be leaving before Saturday but the only journey I'll be making is on the

team

icon1.png

coach with the team," said Pearson.

"I am aware of the speculation because people make me aware of it but I don't spend time trawling papers to find out what those views are because I don't think there is any mileage in me doing that.

"That's the nature of the beast when you work in football management, it's going to happen at some point. It has happened at numerous points throughout this season.

"I am philosophical about the fact that there are going to be a lot of questions asked and the only way we can put that right is by starting to win

games

icon1.png

again."

Pearson was appointed as City manager by owners Aiyawatt and Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha in November 2011 after the sacking of Sven-Göran Eriksson.

"They have been very supportive as they always are," said Pearson.

"I have had contact (with the owners). They are good people, they have invested an awful lot in this club, and that's not just finances, and for sure, they will be wanting better results than we have had at the moment.

"But I know that I have their support and that is really all that is important to me.

"I am in contact with my bosses and I know my own situation and I also know that they have been very supportive throughout the season.

But Pearson refused to give any details.

"But what we discuss behind closed doors I think needs to remain there," he said.

"I don't think there is any need for me to respond to any speculation in the media apart from me to say that all I will be doing is doing everything I can, along with the

players

icon1.png

, to make sure we finish the season well.

"The important thing is getting back to dealing with what we can affect. We have got to try and distance ourselves from anything external because ultimately, the reason that we are talking about this, is because we have not won enough games.

"If we do that, maybe, some of the speculation might stop."

""I know my situation"... Pearson refused to give any details."

Translates to "They're supporting me on a game by game basis. A bad result against Brighton and I'll probably be sacked. I'm hanging on for dear life, and it's only the fact that no obvious replacement is available that is keeping me in a job"

As they have stated in the past they do not respond to media hype. so why would they put out another statement.

A statement from the owners more for their long terms plans that NP will be here next season if we don't make the playoffs/make the playoffs and don't get promoted. Then I would be convinced.

Sadly this does nothing to quell the speculation.

""I know my situation"... Pearson refused to give any details."

Translates to "They're supporting me on a game by game basis. A bad result against Brighton and I'll probably be sacked. I'm hanging on for dear life, and it's only the fact that no obvious replacement is available that is keeping me in a job"

There's no chance he'll be sacked before the end of the season IMO.

Disappointed if this is true. The downward spiral continues!!!! Oh how I would love us to beat Brighton, but how can it happen? What will Pearson do differently than he has done in the last 12 games? How do we win without Wes? Brighton tore us apart last season and are very tough to beat at home. We limp on again!!!

The last time he was severly under pressure he managed to get us on a winning run, when we were heavily linked with Redknapp and it was reported we'd been in contact with him. Perhaps this is what he needs to sort this shower out, I bloody hope so.

Disappointed if this is true. The downward spiral continues!!!! Oh how I would love us to beat Brighton, but how can it happen? What will Pearson do differently than he has done in the last 12 games? How do we win without Wes? Brighton tore us apart last season and are very tough to beat at home. We limp on again!!!

Wes is back next game so it isn't relevant.

A statement from the owners more for their long terms plans that NP will be here next season if we don't make the playoffs/make the playoffs and don't get promoted. Then I would be convinced.

Sadly this does nothing to quell the speculation.

They said in their last statement re his future last year they aren't going to release statements every time there is speculation.

They might be looking for replacements and holding out until then, but i'm going with they're keeping faith in a man they trust and know is a good manager.

Thought it was only a one match ban?

I'm not sure I'd like to own LCFC - over the past few years 'fans' have called for stability and that the continual sacking of managers has been our downfall. Now the Thai owners appear to be showing some loyalty and trust in Pearson, 'fans' are saying they should sack him. No win situation for them I feel. I think if Pearson remains in post over the weekend, then there is little point changing managers for 5 games (I'm not convinced changing now will have any real impact). I feel we've abandoned our high pressing game for the long ball approach recently. and I don't understand why. I fear a defeat on saturday could be significant, yet a victory may just be the tonic required to get a promotion push back on track?

I think it is absolutely ridiculous to sack Nigel Pearson with 6 games to go. Then what, the usual list of failed managers will be rolled out, Hughes, Dowie, Ince, Keane etc and the fans will be in uproar complaining they do not want any of these being appointed and then wishing they had stuck with Pearson. We will be back to square one and the usual turmoil this brings. We are only just outside the playoffs, we can still do this. Just get behind Nigel and the team for the last few matches, changing the manager now would be a farce.â€

Archived