Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SharpeFox

Pearson: I have owners' full support

Our players have proven themselves good enough during stages of the season though, Junior Lewis has always been shit. We have a very young squad and most will have never been in a situation like ours, encouragement rather than getting on their backs would be preferable personally.

I was chatting to a retired pro the other day talking about the exact same thing and he said without question you sense the crowd and hear what's said and it can play a part in how you perform.

It's not the be all and end all, you're right, had we been organised properly in the first place it might have been different. But most would say it can help.

This and I will also use the Millwall game as an example Big Wes's sending off galvanised the fans and a Dunkirk Spirit ensued, I firmly believe it lifted our 10 men ! I know we lost but under the circumstances it was not a bad performance and there was no lack of effort. So I agree fans and atmosphere can make a difference.

I'm not sure I'd like to own LCFC - over the past few years 'fans' have called for stability and that the continual sacking of managers has been our downfall. Now the Thai owners appear to be showing some loyalty and trust in Pearson, 'fans' are saying they should sack him. No win situation for them I feel. I think if Pearson remains in post over the weekend, then there is little point changing managers for 5 games (I'm not convinced changing now will have any real impact). I feel we've abandoned our high pressing game for the long ball approach recently. and I don't understand why. I fear a defeat on saturday could be significant, yet a victory may just be the tonic required to get a promotion push back on track?

They could just appoint a manager who knows what he is doing and stick with him I guess

Our players have proven themselves good enough during stages of the season though, Junior Lewis has always been shit. We have a very young squad and most will have never been in a situation like ours, encouragement rather than getting on their backs would be preferable personally.

I was chatting to a retired pro the other day talking about the exact same thing and he said without question you sense the crowd and hear what's said and it can play a part in how you perform.

It's not the be all and end all, you're right, had we been organised properly in the first place it might have been different. But most would say it can help.

Note subtle dropping of the 'hungry' from this statement

It probably does make some difference but it's the continuing arrogance of posters on here regarding how one should best support the team which is nauseating and naive in the extreme.

The myth that positivity begets positive results needs smashing. Success breeds positivity. Positivity towards failure and mediocrity is actually more harmful than negativity.

At great personal expense (flights, train ticket) I will be there at Brighton, the last thing I want is some spotty sixth former telling me how to behave.

Looks like owners may have had a couple of knock backs, possibly DM and other options could probably wait until the summer. For example is Mark Hughes likely to get a job between now and the summer...unlikely and is he more likely to get us up than Pearson again unlikely.

Note subtle dropping of the 'hungry' from this statement

You are very funny sometimes seenitall that genuinely did make me laugh out loud. Back to topic I would like to ask you a very serious question, with six games left would you as the owner stick or twist? Please see the inspiring list of candidates to replace him on your desk before answering.Please also bring into the equation that we may not be the biggest draw out there, if rumours from alleged ITKs are to be believed.Let's face it Sven went to Notts County because there was some made up money there! This is not a wind up I'm genuinely interested in your opinion on this matter!

It probably does make some difference but it's the continuing arrogance of posters on here regarding how one should best support the team which is nauseating and naive in the extreme.

The myth that positivity begets positive results needs smashing. Success breeds positivity. Positivity towards failure and mediocrity is actually more harmful than negativity.

At great personal expense (flights, train ticket) I will be there at Brighton, the last thing I want is some spotty sixth former telling me how to behave.

A few things stick in my mind this year, but for me one of the worst was in one of the games we were winning by 6 goals. People around me were calling players every name under the sun because they felt they weren't going for another goal... and this was in something like the 85th minute leading 6-1 after a great performance. They had barely made a sound all game, but only seemed willing to make noise if it was negative!

I find things like that just baffling and I've never really witnessed it when we've been doing well.

I'm not sure I'd like to own LCFC - over the past few years 'fans' have called for stability and that the continual sacking of managers has been our downfall. Now the Thai owners appear to be showing some loyalty and trust in Pearson, 'fans' are saying they should sack him. No win situation for them I feel. I think if Pearson remains in post over the weekend, then there is little point changing managers for 5 games (I'm not convinced changing now will have any real impact). I feel we've abandoned our high pressing game for the long ball approach recently. and I don't understand why. I fear a defeat on saturday could be significant, yet a victory may just be the tonic required to get a promotion push back on track?

1 win in 12? come on, you seem surprised that people are asking for his head?

Until such time as they sack him they will always say they give him 100% backing - nature of the beast. Believe me they are running around exploring every avenue as to his replacement so when and if the time comes that he is sacked they have a clear idea of the who they are likely to get.

I'm pretty confident that the only reason the owners are sticking with Pearson is because there is currently nobody out there that is far better than what we have, thus would be a gamble. They sounded out Redknapp after the Burnley game earlier in the season, so I wouldn't be surprised if they have sounded others out recently but got knocked back. It will be all change in the summer however, if we don't go up.

So much bullshit and speculation, just boring now.

If he stays I don't think we'll go up.

If he went, I don't think we'd have gone up.

Either way, think we'll finish 8th.

Not speculation, just opinion.

I'm pretty confident that the only reason the owners are sticking with Pearson is because there is currently nobody out there that is far better than what we have, thus would be a gamble. They sounded out Redknapp after the Burnley game earlier in the season, so I wouldn't be surprised if they have sounded others out recently but got knocked back. It will be all change in the summer however, if we don't go up.

And how do you know that for sure? Cos the papers said so?

Yeah, okay then.

1 win in 12? come on, you seem surprised that people are asking for his head?

I'm not surprised people are asking for his head, but the question is 'do we keep having this merry go round of managerial change or look for some stability that might reap reward?' I'm not the greatest Pearson fan and I think we could have gotten better, but I'm not sure with 6 games to go sacking someone without a decent replacement is sensible. If they did sack Pearson and replaced him with whoever, has that person got 6 games or another season or does the merry go round continue?

And how do you know that for sure? Cos the papers said so?

Yeah, okay then.

No, because I know someone who is friends with Shakey and was told on good authority that this was the truth and Whelan ended up giving Pearson an apology when it leaked out.

There are so many "ITKs" on this forum it's ridiculous lol

Hope that's not aimed at me. I've never claimed to be in the know, just that someone who knows Shakey told me this, again I'm not saying it's true but it's what I was told last year.

Hope that's not aimed at me. I've never claimed to be in the know, just that someone who knows Shakey told me this, again I'm not saying it's true but it's what I was told last year.

Fair enough mate. No wasn't aimed at you specifically, just makes me laugh how many people say they've heard stuff. It's probably something that makes the forum so good though, the 2 days after the Barnsley game were class lol

Archived