Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CKB

Is there another team....

This thread's probably been done before but **** it...

I don't think i've ever heard a side that concedes so many late goals as us, that will either deny us victory or hand us defeat.... If a table was made from all the clubs in England i reckon we would be top by miles! And it's not a new thing either, this problem has been going on for years!

It seems like our players over the years just seem to have some mental problem when games start hitting the 85/90 min mark, either that or we are just cursed i tell thee....CURSED!!!

This thread's probably been done before but **** it...

I don't think i've ever heard a side that concedes so many late goals as us, that will either deny us victory or hand us defeat.... If a table was made from all the clubs in England i reckon we would be top by miles! And it's not a new thing either, this problem has been going on for years!

It seems like our players over the years just seem to have some mental problem when games start hitting the 85/90 min mark, either that or we are just cursed i tell thee....CURSED!!!

Just your imagination....

Loads of clubs said the total opposite of us during our stint in the Premier League. We scored so many late goals that it was only worth turning up for the last ten minutes.

In fact during our league 1 season we also scored a lot of important late goals, just look at the leeds game with Howard, and the mk dons game with gradel.

If you look back to our Worthington cup win in 2000, we won it with a 90th minute goal by Matty Elliot, and in the play-offs we scored a last minute winner with Claridge.

You just highlight last minute goals more when you concede them rather than score them, but that is modern culture. The negative always outweighs the positive.

Just look at Di Canio's first interview at sunderland.....all they talk about is whether or not he is a fascist, they didn't once mention his charity work, or the Di Canio school of football, or the moment he grabbed the ball in the act of fairplay....This is life.

We have conceded 7 goals in the last 15 minutes all season, up to the Peterborough game we had only conceded 1 of them. It's just football and what makes the game so addictive and why we return to watch or in my case living in Spain listen to every week... even after 48 years! Its why we put ourselves through purgatory every week.

We only talk about it happening against us but as pointed out above some of our greatest memories have come with last minute goals. Football is all about what ifs. If MON had not substituted the keeper v Palace would Claridge have scored and then would all the MON years have even happened?

Best time to score worst to concede but its what makes this game so addictive.

The pressure just gets to us imo whether that is mentally or just we physically burn out after 80 minutes I don't know, but we need a win really to give us confidence and self belief that we can make the playoffs.

Come on City.

Loads of clubs said the total opposite of us during our stint in the Premier League. We scored so many late goals that it was only worth turning up for the last ten minutes.

In fact during our league 1 season we also scored a lot of important late goals, just look at the leeds game with Howard, and the mk dons game with gradel.

If you look back to our Worthington cup win in 2000, we won it with a 90th minute goal by Matty Elliot, and in the play-offs we scored a last minute winner with Claridge.

You just highlight last minute goals more when you concede them rather than score them, but that is modern culture. The negative always outweighs the positive.

Just look at Di Canio's first interview at sunderland.....all they talk about is whether or not he is a fascist, they didn't once mention his charity work, or the Di Canio school of football, or the moment he grabbed the ball in the act of fairplay....This is life.

incorrect on the 2000 worthington cup final, Matt Elliott scored the winner in the 81st minute ;-)

It seems to have been going for as long as I can remember, at least when I started going on a regular basis - I mean the 03/04 prem season, if I remember rightly then had games finished at 80 minutes we'd have finished 8th, we just capitulated in the final 10 every time.

I'm tempted to lay it at the feet of the fans, I think you can feel the shift in the last 5 or 10 in terms of atmosphere, people start to get nervy and rather worryingly that seems to keep transmitting to the players.

The last minute is as important as the first. You play a game for 90 minutes, it doesn't really matter when you score, as long as you out score the other team.

We'd actually been really fúcking good at keeping hold of a lead this season. Until it all went wrong, that is.

It does seem to happen all the time though, in previous seasons. I think it just feels that way because you remember last minute goals more.

Leeds have a horrible record:

Leicester A 1-1 DRAW (Concede in the 3rd minute of injury time)

Palace A 2-2 DRAW (Concede in the 85th minute)

Peterborough H 1-1 DRAW

Huddersfield H 1-2 LOST (Concede in the 87th minute)

Ipswich A 0-3 LOST

Derby H LOST 1-2 (Concede in the 89th minute)

Charlton A LOST 1-2 (Concede in the 5th minute of added time)

Is ours really as bad as that?

I bet most Championship clubs' fans would say the same. I don't think we're that much better or worse than anyone else. It stands to reason really that you're most likely to concede late on when you're tired and holding on.

And I think it's time time to get a grip lads and lassies, stop these pointless fvcking threads, take one game at a time and support our team! :chant:

How is it pointless? it's simply a thread to discuss and see what other people think, beats the PEARSON OUT THREADS, etc, etc...

It's not a attack on the team or nothing, it's just something that seems to have haunted us for a while

I actually agree with this to be fair. I'm extremely guilty of things like this actually, but it's a reputation that we had for about a season. The Premier League season was on another level of poor when it came to late goals but we've lived off it, I don't think we're any worse than most, although I wasn't even pissed off when Brighton equalised because I was so certain it'd happen.

In-fact, we hadn't let in a late goal all season until that Peterborough game. We've let in a lot since that though.

I actually agree with this to be fair. I'm extremely guilty of things like this actually, but it's a reputation that we had for about a season. The Premier League season was on another level of poor when it came to late goals but we've lived off it, I don't think we're any worse than most, although I wasn't even pissed off when Brighton equalised because I was so certain it'd happen.

In-fact, we hadn't let in a late goal all season until that Peterborough game. We've let in a lot since that though.

We probably aren't as worse than others but my god over the years it's felt like that, hence why i made this topic to get other people's thoughts :)

Foxblogger - http://foxblogger.wordpress.com/2013/04/07/brighton-hove-albion-1-1-leicester-city-key-numbers/?

7 – Before Leicester met Peterborough in February they had yet to conceded a goal in the last five minutes of a league game. Since then Peterborough, Ipswich, Cardiff, Millwall and now Brighton have scored in the closing stages, costing the Foxes seven points. Leicester have won seven games this season by one goal. The Championship is being led by Cardiff and Hull, who have won 17 games by that margin.

In fact during our league 1 season we also scored a lot of important late goals, just look at the leeds game with Howard,

Hero hero hero.

Best crucial goal ever with only enough room for the ball. Got me emotional it did. Wife called me a twat. But that's love for ya. ( LCFC I mean not the missus)

Archived