Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_6410

Nigel in for the long term?!

Hope so also, I'd certainly give him another season (at the very least) regardless of our final league position this season... The squad he has built is encouraging, and he has managed to bring in decent players while not spending too much transfer budget (just like the previous time he was here). Our form does need to improve, but some of the football we have played, and the goals (team goals) we have scored, this season have been great to see.

I'd rather not see a new manager come in and destroy what Nige has built here. Then we start all over again, just to have this thread next year.

I'm not convinced it would be wise to fire him, unless we have an astounding replacement lined up. McDermott, Ince, WarnocK, Hughes and Keane don't strike me as managers of such quality that they will be better off than Pearson, who is familiar with the squad's shortcomings.

However, I still think the end to the season is crucial. If we end up in the same position as last season then it would be hard to say, with conviction, that Pearson had built anything of worth. Many of his signings - De Laet, Whitbread, Vardy, Futacs, Drinkwater, Marshall, Knockaert or Wood - are yet to demonstrate that they are too good for this league. There are varying degrees of promise in there but few players in our squad that we can rely on to deliver quality on a consistent basis.

There has to be evidence of progress - by which I mean points gained / performances getting visibly better / play-offs reached - before we can say that Pearson is taking us in the right direction.

The longer he stays the more likely another Knockeart or Mark Davies will come to the club with Steve Walsh around! This squad will get better

This is exactly the problem. We probably have the most talented squad in the league. Players like knockaert and Marshall have the flair, Wood is a proven scorer at this level, as is Nugent. Wes is the best centre half in the league and Kasper is probably the best keeper. Added to konchesky's experience in the premier, kings championship and international experience and it looks a great squad!

So recruitment is a tick for Pearson, recruitment alone does not get you promotion. He is tactically inept with questionable man management skills. The club has not moved forward in 12 months.

Pearson is a decent manager, and that's it I'm afraid. No championship promotions on his CV yet, despite 3 seasons of trying with us and Hull. I just don't see what people will think will be different next season if he stays? Half way through this season we were in a amazing position, can you see us doing that again next season after his last 12 games? No.

You're on your own with this one mate.

The Blades are now looking for a news boss. Bye bye pearson

...(please)!

I think there is a few who agree with him far from on his own. I think it's fairly split at the minute, I would personally give him one more year at least regardless of league position this year.

At the end if the day with 5 games to go we are still very much in the hunt for promotion which says we have progressed this year.

No championship promotions on his CV yet, despite 3 seasons of trying with us and Hull.

I think that's a wee bit unfair (not this season but the others). Those seasons included us coming up from league one, taking over Hull and having to dismantle their squad and try putting them back on a decent financial footing, and then taking over here a few months into the season last year. This his fourth year trying is really the one he should be most harshly judged on.

"The next lot, number 13, is for a very average football manager. What, no bids?. :nono: "Yes sonny. What, ALL your pocket money? Ok. Going, going" :wave:

Oh DT, you do spoil us with your cutting wit.

Please tell us no more, the seats will be soaked soon.

I do think that the fall out from this season will be crucial for our promotion push (or to keep us in the prem lol) next season. Do we stick or bust with big Nige? Not sure any of us mere underlings know the honest answer to that one. One thing I do agree on though is if we are going to get rid it needs to be because there is a better manager lined up

This forum will be hilarious if NP is still here next season! lol

but will not be hilarious when our finances will be so poor that the club could end up like those before us ie portsmouth,plymouth etc .so keeping this chump of a man would not be funny one bit because yet again no promotion

but will not be hilarious when our finances will be so poor that the club could end up like those before us ie portsmouth,plymouth etc .so keeping this chump of a man would not be funny one bit because yet again no promotion

I'd love for us to become fan-owned to be honest.

And I don't really see what NP has to do with us going into admin? NO manager change is guaranteed promotion so why not let him work with the young squad he's building? They've shown what they can earlier in the season, why not again?

So the answer to our financial woes is sacking the manager, paying him off, sacking his staff, paying them off, and then hiring a new manager who will want money to buy his own players just on the off-chance that he might be able to get us promoted to the Premier League? And if he fails, then what? Start the whole process again? That sounds like more of a financial threat to the club than sticking with Pearson.

I'd love for us to become fan-owned to be honest.

And I don't really see what NP has to do with us going into admin? NO manager change is guaranteed promotion so why not let him work with the young squad he's building? They've shown what they can earlier in the season, why not again?

Judging by some of the fans on here, I wouldn't. We'd sack a manager after every loss if some people on here had their own way!

Ok guys, I'm going to swear at you all......... :o

Ready, here it comes, Director of Football.

Before I go and wash my mouth out, let me expand on this thought.

A lot of the people who think it best to keep NFP, do so because, quite understandably, they want to avoid the continual cycle;

New manager > clear out old manager's players > bring in new players > call for time for the new team to 'gel' > fail to achieve set objectives > sacked > new manager.................. :dunno:

So, go continental, a director charged with building a coherent style throughout the club, bringing through young players and acquiring new ones and employ a first team coach to work with the players already at the club.

Sure the coach works with the director to bring in players and improve the squad, but within the parameters set by the club and implemented by the director. Sure this system rules out the like of Harry or Jose as managers but they are not going to come here anyway.

For a club in our position it makes perfect sense....... :thumbup::whistle:

Ok guys, I'm going to swear at you all......... :o

Ready, here it comes, Director of Football.

Before I go and wash my mouth out, let me expand on this thought.

A lot of the people who think it best to keep NFP, do so because, quite understandably, they want to avoid the continual cycle;

New manager > clear out old manager's players > bring in new players > call for time for the new team to 'gel' > fail to achieve set objectives > sacked > new manager.................. :dunno:

So, go continental, a director charged with building a coherent style throughout the club, bringing through young players and acquiring new ones and employ a first team coach to work with the players already at the club.

Sure the coach works with the director to bring in players and improve the squad, but within the parameters set by the club and implemented by the director. Sure this system rules out the like of Harry or Jose as managers but they are not going to come here anyway.

For a club in our position it makes perfect sense....... :thumbup::whistle:

you dirty bastard!! lol

To be fair that is a decent point

A Director of Football you are kidding me NFP wouldn't allow that sort of thing he would see it as a direct competition for his job when he goes through a bad spell.

What are your suggestions Marbella Kevin Keegan?

Archived