Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tempwan Yierban

TPH's Ale Thread

Someone has applied for permission to turn what was Rockaboom in St Martin's Sq into a micropub, perfect time to open one really with Crafty's at the coffee gaff, Grillstock, your Gelato shop and 33 Cank Street all creating a nice little buzz round that area. Pretty criminal there's any empty units there.

Found  out Sat what was The Fat Budha and the Shakespeare before that is now going to be (I think) Jug and Bottle. No idea what sort of place its going to be. I also heard that the landlord of the Salmon is leaving at the end of the year. I am quite pleased with that because  he took a post I made on Facebook the wrong way and stopped me going in for the past two years; I forget what it was exactly something about what a great place it was when he was selling an end of the barrel pint cheap. He thought I was making fun of him and his missus which I would not ever do. If I was swearing or starting a fight I could understand and accept it.

He has upset a few customers though  and does not like critcism. He even withdrew from the POTM awards because the Salmon did not feature in the top 3 one month. Mardy git. Where I go a lot now you can say almost anything to the landlord.

I posted a link to him from a FB page today. It was about a music festival where they transformed urine to beer (well fed the hops and malt) and said it was a pity he had not patented the idea as he would have made a fortune. I got a like from him. Could not say the same thing to him at the Salmon.

Thinking about going Derby Beer Fest tomorrow. I believe its near the station. Function rooms or something. Could go on the bus for free with a bus pass but its a long journey by bus.

Think you mean Assembly Rooms.

That's closed down, due to a fire last year or year before.

It's in the Market Place.

Thinking about going Derby Beer Fest tomorrow. I believe its near the station. Function rooms or something. Could go on the bus for free with a bus pass but its a long journey by bus.

It's at the Market Place according to a leaflet I have here.

Where'd you get your metal camera case from kendoll I've been after one for time.

Cant remember now. It may have been at a camera fair or Youngs (now closed) I had a zenith with different lenses. Dont use it now too bulky to carry around without transport.

Got the date slightly wrong edited my post.

Not a bad day at the Der by  beer fest. My only mistake was starting with Eussian Stout which was nice but had an  ABV of  9% which I did not know until it was 3/4 poured.

Not a lot of seating there or it was all taken when I got there. Only stayed for 3/4 pints then made my way  back to the station via the Alex Brunswick and the Victoria (after I had just missed a train) I am not drunk just tired.

In Cornwall atm and sinking all manner of ales but guess what beer fans? In the green parrot they are selling brewdog this is lager for £1.49 a pint!

Not my fave beer of course but holy moly that price beer fans. Going to go back and clean them out tonight.

In Cornwall atm and sinking all manner of ales but guess what beer fans? In the green parrot they are selling brewdog this is lager for £1.49 a pint!

Not my fave beer of course but holy moly that price beer fans. Going to go back and clean them out tonight.

wow what a price for the beer fans!

Anyone going to the Great British Beer festival next month?

Im going on the Fri day before the Hammers game . . . might interest a few of you if you are making a weekend of it

Used to volunteer for that as a steward. The Tangerine team. Bit too much now. 12 hour shifts and on your feet most of the time. Good fun free beer but tireing. Last night staff party was fun though.

Used to volunteer for that as a steward. The Tangerine team. Bit too much now. 12 hour shifts and on your feet most of the time. Good fun free beer but tireing. Last night staff party was fun though.

Where abouts is it?

Archived