Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tempwan Yierban

TPH's Ale Thread

Some of the M&S own brand ales are ok, their citra hop based IPA is similar but not as good (and more expensive) as Oakham Citra and it is brewed by Oakham

Have I dreamt it or did Everard's also produce beer for M&S under the name "Leicestershire Ale" or something?

Have I dreamt it or did Everard's also produce beer for M&S under the name "Leicestershire Ale" or something?

Each of their own brand ales is by a different brewery so you could be right.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from Cornwall and had a few ales from the Padstow Brewing Company, only a small micro brewery just 2 years old but they do some great beers. I popped into the brewery on my way home to buy a few bottles of the stuff and the owner gave me a quick tour around and opened a few bottles for tasting, really nice set up. They're too small to travel any beers this far north but if you're around that area try to find a pub selling it, Windjammer was particularly beautiful.

• 3 weeks later...

Got a sierra nevada torpedo, chimay blue, st stefanus blonde, duvel and a meantime ipa from tesco today, they have a legit craft beer selection atm.

Was on that in the Terrace at Stoke on Saturday. Even went back after the match for a couple more.

Might have another Sainsbury's own IPA tonight as I'm off tomorrow and Friday. Got a Belgian blonde called St Stefanus I got for my birthday in the fridge too. Been there since July but I wanna save it for when I watch like In Bruges on DVD or at least do something Belgian with my evening.

Was on that in the Terrace at Stoke on Saturday. Even went back after the match for a couple more.

Might have another Sainsbury's own IPA tonight as I'm off tomorrow and Friday. Got a Belgian blonde called St Stefanus I got for my birthday in the fridge too. Been there since July but I wanna save it for when I watch like In Bruges on DVD or at least do something Belgian with my evening.

Yeah I got one from tesco today see my post bro. the meantime was 7.2% think it is different in bottle was pretty good. Drinking the duvel atm love it such a classic beer.

Yeah I got one from tesco today see my post bro. the meantime was 7.2% think it is different in bottle was pretty good. Drinking the duvel atm love it such a classic beer.

Oh nice 1 m8. :)

Is it good? Not tried it before. Like I say, might save it till I'm watching a highlights package of Richie De Laet clips on Youtube set to the music of Ian Van Dahl before I drink it tho.

drank a lot of boon doggle off the tap in my local doin the peep show pub quiz t'other day. was whammo by the end. in fact i legit drank it dry had to move on as they ran out :cheekyemoji:

tesco ale section is legit has been for a good year probs best of the supermarches

Oh nice 1 m8. :)

Is it good? Not tried it before. Like I say, might save it till I'm watching a highlights package of Richie De Laet clips on Youtube set to the music of Ian Van Dahl before I drink it tho.

I've had it ages ago and apparently it changes on how long you age it. I'm gonna have one later so I'll see how it is.

drank a lot of boon doggle off the tap in my local doin the peep show pub quiz t'other day. was whammo by the end. in fact i legit drank it dry had to move on as they ran out :cheekyemoji:

tesco ale section is legit has been for a good year probs best of the supermarches

That sounds like the best thing ever.

I've had it ages ago and apparently it changes on how long you age it. I'm gonna have one later so I'll see how it is.

Might give it a few years then.

That sounds like the best thing ever.

Might give it a few years then.

It was pretty good yeah. slight false advertising tbf was 35 qs, 20 bout peep show so we got 19 (taking the one we got wrong to a tribunal imo) of them right an only 10 of the gen knowl so came second.

The question was what does superhans do instead of taking drugs when trying to get off crack an go cold turkey. So firstly we were like come on he tries loads of times this could be anything. But decided the funniest time was when he took up running an accidentally ran to Windsor. So we put running.

An they said the answer was standing up really quick to get a head rush. But that ain't when he goes cold turkey is it that's when they're at a drug free Christian festival so down loads of coca cola an do headrushes instead.

So f uck the quiz.

yeah we said that or the time when he gives mark his crack an says even if I come round with wood don't give it me but he does anyway

badly worded question, if it was something like what did hans do to get a high when drugs weren't available or something maybe we'd have got it. solid other 19 though although 10 were pics of characters which was a bit too easy. more fun than your average pub quiz tbf altho I did pay 4.80 for a pint

Anyone tried to the Guinness golden ale they've recently bought out?

I've just bought a bottle so will be trying it later.

Got a couple of other bottles aswell;

Sharp's - Atlantic

Pure UBU

Wadworth - 6X

Never tried any before, if anyone has, any good?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived