Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tempwan Yierban

TPH's Ale Thread

Had an ale last night called golden pixie. It was absolutely awful! Tasted like what I can only imagine cat urine would taste like. Awful stuff. Had it recommended to me by a friend but I feel that his tastes must be strangely skewed in some way. lol

• 3 weeks later...

Stay away from Guinness HOP lager !

I know this is an ale thread but I'm just warning everyone

This stuff would have a turnip shi*ting itself after a pint !

Pure fecking muck

Thought it was alright when I had a pint in Dublin?

Had my first Christmas ale of the year yesterday. Hoppy Christmas from the Dancing Duck brewery. Better than the usual second rate gear people market as Christmas beer.

• 2 weeks later...

New place opened on Allandale road ...    not sure of the name ...  loads and loads of real ales to choose from ...   giant chalk board listing them all on the wall ...   never heard of any of them.

Went there on Friday night and had 'Chimp out the basket' or something called something very similar to that ....   very nice !   Sells crisps and pork scratchings.  Worth a visit.

New place opened on Allandale road ... not sure of the name ... loads and loads of real ales to choose from ... giant chalk board listing them all on the wall ... never heard of any of them.

Went there on Friday night and had 'Chimp out the basket' or something called something very similar to that .... very nice ! Sells crisps and pork scratchings. Worth a visit.

Sells crisps, then it must be great

The 4 for £5 deals at the supermarkets are always good for trying different beers. I've got some banks in the fridge for the football today.

Tight git

Archived