Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tempwan Yierban

TPH's Ale Thread

Isn 't  it Earls Court? Used to be at Olympia. Forget which way round now. We were put up at  University lodgings B&B for free. The biggest cost was getting there. Subsidised meals too.

There was still one or two moaning about the digs. What did they expect for nothing? It was a shared shower room and basic facilities in the rooms. After working all day and getting back after 1am all I wanted to do was sleep.

What so good beer at the charlotte?

The charlotte reopened for like a week the other year it was surreal.

We went into the Charlotte in the few days it was open, the place was a mess, more of a building site than a boozer. I'd love it to reopen as a decent venue.

What so good beer at the charlotte?

The charlotte reopened for like a week the other year it was surreal.

You'd think so - personally could never warm to the Pub, think they're moving because they think there'll be more footfall - doubtless they'll get more students in given where the Charlotte is but I think the Pub could've done well if it wasn't so soulless and badly laid out, lovely building in a really tidy little part of town. Was nearly always empty on a Saturday night, really strange place.

We went into the Charlotte in the few days it was open, the place was a mess, more of a building site than a boozer. I'd love it to reopen as a decent venue.

Yeah it was odd, the 'garden' was just a yard where the stage used to be.

• 2 weeks later...

right so going leeds fest aka going to get whammed for 4 days non stop aka need A LOT of alcohol but can't be arsed carrying A LOT of alcohol.

so what spirits should I take to drink straight that can be enjoyed warm and with a hangover?

i will be taking some beers (for the morning) but mainly plan to use spirits to smuggle into arenas and get drunk quicker like a scouser but it's been a good while since i had to force straight spirits down my neck.

I'll obviously have a few bottles of sambuca just for the #bant

Had a Sainsbury's Taste the Difference IPA last night. Burton brewed, crisp and hoppy. Not bad for a supermarket's own brand.

Some of the M&S own brand ales are ok, their citra hop based IPA is similar but not as good (and more expensive) as Oakham Citra and it is brewed by Oakham

Archived