Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tempwan Yierban

TPH's Ale Thread

Had a Bateman's Victory Ale earlier. Good gear, but makes me want to start a sesh and I can't coz I've got to drive in a bit.

Got an Old Crafty Hen and Golden Sheep lined up for tonight. Basically all over different variants of established beers at the moment. Also found a Guinness Golden Ale the other day, was decent but not the flavour I expected.

Had a Bateman's Victory Ale earlier. Good gear, but makes me want to start a sesh and I can't coz I've got to drive in a bit.

Got an Old Crafty Hen and Golden Sheep lined up for tonight. Basically all over different variants of established beers at the moment. Also found a Guinness Golden Ale the other day, was decent but not the flavour I expected.

I'm on the tangle foot atm, badger do some very nice ales.

Right I'm off out in Leicester for the first time in years on Friday night for a mates birthday, we're starting in the orange tree but where should we head to after that for some decent real ale

Queen of bradgate it's pretty much next door.

Well I'll have to give it a go, all my memories of QOB are drunken homeless people queuing to get it at 10:00am! Will deinitely try brewdog, spent a few nights in their Bristol bar and loved it

It's kind of new though. You night as well go to taps too on your way to brewdog.

I ****ing love Sheffield, so many nice Yorkshire breweries and pubs selling their beers.

Had a few from Kelham Island, Great Heck, True North and Mad Hatter this evening. Up to about 225 on Untappd now.

Was in thew Queen of Bradgate yesterday. Very keen, last time I went in was about five years ago and it was a shithole. Possibly the best selection of beer in Leicester now?

Still Taps I think. Last thing I remember necking before lights out on Friday was a lovely Westmalle Tripel.

• 2 weeks later...

Went in the Charlotte last night, weird but decent. Can tell it's run by the same people that had the Pub ie no idea how to finish a gaff to make it feel like a boozer not a pop up but a decent crowd and 5.10 for two decent well kept pints

The fact it's the Charlotte might draw a few people in out of curiosity but the beer is dece

Gonna say decent one more time

Archived