Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tempwan Yierban

TPH's Ale Thread

Some good beers on draught at The George and Dragon in Stoke Golding from Chapel End Brewery.

I can recommend Stout Coffin. Dark, malty, chocolatey and smooth.

There's also a micro brewery at Wood Farm near Wolvey on Cloudsely Bush Lane. You can see all the brewing paraphernalia and watch them go about their work. The beers are good there too.

Picked up a couple these today from B&M @£1.79 each, I've never tried it but It's got a great rating of 98 on Rate Beer.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/oakham-green-devil-ipa/149716/

9eff0db60d82ae037eef415a4ed864b.jpg

The cask version of this has just been named Champion Cask Ale at The International Brewing Awards 2015. 

I loved the bottled version but as I'd previously stated when I returned to pick up a few more the self was empty. I was in luck today though as it was back on the self so I've proper stocked up :beer:

I feel like this belongs here: http://drinkupcolumbus.com/2015/06/09/brewdog-columbus/

Apparently brewdog are in the process of buying a large US site to open up a brewery in Columbus, Ohio. I've heard of them from the show they have on TV here, but the question is how's their beer? 

Good but dearer than the normal stuff, even real ales.  Cannot afford to drink it on a regular basis but there  are a few on here that can. Kudos to them.

Picked one of these up today from B&M... Looking forward to it.

broughton-dark-cloudy.png

Dark N’Cloudy is a midnight black medium-bodied stout full of vanilla, espresso and oatmeal flavor balanced against a backdrop of Wakatu and Phoenix hops. Each pint contains one smooth shot of espresso.

Dark N’Cloudy is a midnight black medium-bodied stout full of vanilla, espresso and oatmeal flavor balanced against a backdrop of Wakatu and Phoenix hops. Each pint contains one smooth shot of espresso.

This is satire, right?

Lidl is going in competition on beer prices

Bottles of Old Speckled Hen will sell at £1.17 compared to Sainsbury’s who charge £2 a bottle. Bishops Finger will be £1.25 compared to Tesco’s current price of £1.64. And popular Japanese lager Asahi will be £1.59 against £1.99 in Waitrose.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/business/lidl-launch-beer-price-war-5921112#ICID=sharebar_twitter

Real ale pubs thriving in Leicester, says Camra

By AlanThompson  |  Posted: June 21, 2015

10325803-large.jpg

Inside the Criterion

Comments (0)

While pubs are closing up and down the country at an average rate of 27 a week, a survey by a real ale group Camra has found some positive signs.

The study, by members of the Leicester branch of the Campaign for Real Ale (Camra) discovered a thriving real ale scene in the city.

It involved about 20 branch members in groups of four or five dividing up the city.

They visited 50 pubs selling real ale, finding one venue closed and a couple that had previously been noted as selling real ale no longer doing so.

It was the branch's first beer census, visiting outlets in the city centre and surveying the real ales on sale on that day.

Organiser Bob Reay said: "We found a total of 187 hand pumps in use around the city, selling 111 different real ales from 65 breweries.

"The largest number of real ales was available in the Last Plantagenet, with 11, followed by the Criterion with nine and the Corn Exchange, High Cross and Old Horse with eight."

Philip Tiplady, pub campaigns co-ordinator, said:"The most commonly seen real ale was Everards Tiger, in 13 pubs.

"Everards also had the third most popular, Sunchaser, and equal fourth, Original, reflecting its status as the brewery owning the most pubs in Leicester city centre.

"The second most commonly seen real ale was Sharp's Doom Bar and in equal fourth was Marston's Pedigree."

Real ales from a number of other Leicestershire and Rutland breweries were found, including Belvoir, Charnwood, Grainstore, Langton and Très Bien.

Breweries in Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire and Warwickshire were also represented, suggesting a thriving real ale scene.

Mr Tiplady said: "Leicester Camra is pleased to have found a thriving real ale scene in the city centre and hopes to repeat the exercise in future years to identify trends in the changing pub, bar and ale scene in the city.

"We were encouraged particularly by the number of beers from smaller Leicestershire brewers.

"There has been a big development in Leicestershire breweries in recent times."

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Real-ale-pubs-thriving-Leicester-says-Camra/story-26738273-detail/story.html#ixzz3dgqC8Nvm 

Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

Just had a bottle of Fuller's Wild River. Meant to be based on the American craft beer we're all going nuts over at the moment.

Very hoppy but quite a sour aftertaste. Think it grew on me as it went down, but just seems like English breweries are doing everything they can to jump on the Septic bandwagon these days. Stick to what you know. Big fan of both styles but different drinks, different needs.

Archived