Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue will

Billy Davies manager of month

But it is a coincidence that Nige got it then we didn't get a result, and Steve Bruce got it the month before then Hull lost at home to Sheffield Wednesday.

Regardless of Davies picking up the award, they have got Cardiff away on Saturday. Tough game for anyone.

This. Seems to fvck us every time without fail though lol

Yes, it is not a myth when you see how we've done ever since NP got the dubious accolade, notwithstanding the sole win over a dreadful Blackburn side, our only one in the 12 games since! Also, myth or no myth, just ask Brian McDermott about the award too, as I believe he got Prem. manager of the month the same time as Pearson got Championship MOM! The obvoius difference is that one has hung onto his job but the other was more unlucky not to!

Yes, it is not a myth when you see how we've done ever since NP got the dubious accolade, notwithstanding the sole win over a dreadful Blackburn side, our only one in the 12 games since! Also, myth or no myth, just ask Brian McDermott about the award too, as I believe he got Prem. manager of the month the same time as Pearson got Championship MOM! The obvoius difference is that one has hung onto his job but the other was more unlucky not to!

Get me some stats on this so-called 'curse' and see how many times it has affected the manager or the team.

I bet Fergie's won quite a few in his time. Doesn't seem to affect him...

Get me some stats on this so-called 'curse' and see how many times it has affected the manager or the team.

I bet Fergie's won quite a few in his time. Doesn't seem to affect him...

It's isn't a curse (are they even real?), it's just a conincidence... As I said above, Bruce got it then Hull lost to Wednesday. Adkins got it in the Premier League, then was sacked a few weeks later, and I'll not go into our 'encounter' with it lol

The Manager of the Month had nothing to do with our results.

The curse is a myth.

Sssssh, don't upset them, just nod and agree.

It's makes them happy they can blame something else other than seeing the bigger picture and seeing our own frailties.

It's isn't a curse (are they even real?), it's just a conincidence... As I said above, Bruce got it then Hull lost to Wednesday. Adkins got it in the Premier League, then was sacked a few weeks later, and I'll not go into our 'encounter' with it lol

Exactly. Coincidence is all it is!

Sssssh, don't upset them, just nod and agree.

It's makes them happy they can blame something else other than seeing the bigger picture and seeing our own frailties.

lol

Cursr is probably more due to the fact that all good runs must come to an end. Did McDermott win it during Reading's good run at the end of last season? (genuine question)

You'd have to look up the stats on Google or something but I'd be amazed if he didn't win it at least more than once for getting them up as Champions against all odds and considering their poor start too! His doing so this season wasn't such a joyous occason for him I'm sure, especially a few weeks down the line of course! He's now at Leeds though I believe....

Archived