Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wurmer

Beckford

6 in 19

Waghorn 3 in 22

Vardy 4 in 20

Futacs 1 in 9

Only Woods 5 in 15 is better. I'm not advocating his return merely highlighting that through recruitment and retention we are now paying Waghorn, Vardy and Futacs to get us 2 more goals that a man widely regarded by many on here as a lazy bag of wank. It's just taken 51 appearances (in one form or another) to achieve this.

We have played 20 games since january, and I believe Wood missed Peterborough...and the cup game at home to huddersfield?

So he actually has 9 in 18, not 5 in 15.

6 in 19

Waghorn 3 in 22

Vardy 4 in 20

Futacs 1 in 9

Only Woods 5 in 15 is better. I'm not advocating his return merely highlighting that through recruitment and retention we are now paying Waghorn, Vardy and Futacs to get us 2 more goals that a man widely regarded by many on here as a lazy bag of wank. It's just taken 51 appearances (in one form or another) to achieve this.

It's 6 in 24 but don't let the facts get in the way of a good story. That's if we include cup games. Otherwise it is 5 in 22.

For a player who brings absolutely nothing else to the side that's still shit.

Of more relevance is the fact that when Beckford left City, we were 8th. We're still 8th. When he joined Huddersfield they were 2nd. They're now 19th.

His record at Championship level continues to impress. 14 goals in 71 games.

BECKFORD IN!

It's 6 in 24 but don't let the facts get in the way of a good story. That's if we include cup games. Otherwise it is 5 in 22.

For a player who brings absolutely nothing else to the side that's still shit.

Of more relevance is the fact that when Beckford left City, we were 8th. We're still 8th. When he joined Huddersfield they were 2nd. They're now 19th.

His record at Championship level continues to impress. 14 goals in 71 games.

BECKFORD IN!

My point still is we've spent an absolute fortune bombing one bloke out for three players to get us 2 additional goals. Waghorn cost (boo to Milan for this one) £3m, Vardy £1m + and Futacs a rolled up beano. If we assumed we've got Hudds to pay 50% of Beckford's 1bn - 20k wages (depending on who you believe) we must be spending somewhere in the region of £30k a week to four players who don't actually play for us. Two of whom Nige bought, to not play for us!

The two he's played under haven't been great have they?

Well he only played a few under Sven so we'll never know, but granted Nige worked his magic on him, same as Wood, Nugent, Campbell, Vardy, Futacs and Schlupp - he is great and all the strikers are crap..........

Well he only played a few under Sven so we'll never know, but granted Nige worked his magic on him, same as Wood, Nugent, Campbell, Vardy, Futacs and Schlupp - he is great and all the strikers are crap..........

What an awful manager Moyes is too, no wonder Beckford failed there.

EDIT; should have quoted your previous post here.

Be intersting to see him play under a good manager though

Well.....he has played a few games for sven, pearson and robins....and quite a lot for Grayson.

Have you ever thought that Beckford is actually just a poor forward at this level?

At Leeds in league 1 he had his highest ever goalscoring return under Grayson...however at the level above for the same manager he scored less than a handful and in the end contributed towards Grayson losing his job.

Surely that is enough proof to show that Beckford is poor at this level.

As for Pearson not getting the best out of forwards....remember Matty Fryatt?

A player who before Pearson arrived rarely reached double figures for a season....but then in league 1 scored over 20, and could have reached the same amount the following season in the championship had it not been for the broken jaw.

As for the poor run of some of our current strikers. Nugent went 18 months before scoring a league goal under Harry Redknapp.....does that make him a terrible manager aswell?

I don't know about you...but since NP rejoined the club i have seen players improve. Dyer for instance is a far better player than he was in league 1, James has looked far better in the last few months than he did during the first few months, Kasper appears to be much more consistent and letting in less long range goals, Morgan is no longer making the mistakes he did at forest, Keane has come on leaps and bounds, De Laet has added consistency to his game, Schlupp is actually looking a far more confident player since NP let him train at United.

I'm a Beckford fan, I truely am.

This thread, however, smacks of desperation. We're clutching at wayward straws in an effort to find a short term solution to a long term problem, here.

Get Beckford back and what will happen? We'll have another striker who is sat upfront, alone, unserviced in a formation ill fitting for the use of a solo striker.

The rot is deep in this one.

• 2 weeks later...

Well.....he has played a few games for sven, pearson and robins....and quite a lot for Grayson.

Have you ever thought that Beckford is actually just a poor forward at this level?

At Leeds in league 1 he had his highest ever goalscoring return under Grayson...however at the level above for the same manager he scored less than a handful and in the end contributed towards Grayson losing his job.

Surely that is enough proof to show that Beckford is poor at this level.

As for Pearson not getting the best out of forwards....remember Matty Fryatt?

A player who before Pearson arrived rarely reached double figures for a season....but then in league 1 scored over 20, and could have reached the same amount the following season in the championship had it not been for the broken jaw.

As for the poor run of some of our current strikers. Nugent went 18 months before scoring a league goal under Harry Redknapp.....does that make him a terrible manager aswell?

I don't know about you...but since NP rejoined the club i have seen players improve. Dyer for instance is a far better player than he was in league 1, James has looked far better in the last few months than he did during the first few months, Kasper appears to be much more consistent and letting in less long range goals, Morgan is no longer making the mistakes he did at forest, Keane has come on leaps and bounds, De Laet has added consistency to his game, Schlupp is actually looking a far more confident player since NP let him train at United.

tbf to Beckford it was hard for him to score many goals for Leeds after moving to Everton and subsequently Leicester

Some people may hate him but 3 against forest arguably 4 makes him a legend in my eyes

Legend is bandied about too easily these days.

That's an insult to our actual club legends, you know, Walsh, Izzet, Lineker etc.

That's an insult to our actual club legends, you know, Walsh, Izzet, Lineker etc.

i wrote that because i think whatever people think of him they need to remember what he did to forest he is not nearly in the same category as the people you mention above but he should be respected for what he did.

tbf to Beckford it was hard for him to score many goals for Leeds after moving to Everton and subsequently Leicester

What are you on about you twit??

I said playing under the same manager (Grayson at huddersfield), i didn't mention him playing for leeds in the championship, as you point out he was at everton after the league 1 season.

Beckford was Huddersfield's 'big money' gamble, it didn't pay off and grayson got the boot - that was what i was referring to.

Agreed.

Would rather we lost to all local rivals in a season if it meant we went up.

Some fail to see that a win against forest/derby/cov, is just another 3 points.

What are you on about you twit??

I said playing under the same manager (Grayson at huddersfield), i didn't mention him playing for leeds in the championship, as you point out he was at everton after the league 1 season.

Beckford was Huddersfield's 'big money' gamble, it didn't pay off and grayson got the boot - that was what i was referring to.

Yeah, looks like i'm the idiot here, didn't read your post properly :D

Nontheless, I'm sure Beckford has had injury problems at Huddersfield, I don't think he can be blamed for Grayson's sacking there.

Give Beckford a fresh start next season

Come at me.

can't afford to.

It has been bad enough this season....

Danns, wellens, gallagher, beckford, vardy, waghorn, futacs, st ledger - players who have not really offered anything.

We need to get rid and then add 3-4 players who will actually add something to the playing side - A center back, a left back, a defensive mid and a striker.

Archived