Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Swiss_tony

owner strategy from 2013/14 onwards

Paying your way out worked so well for Sven didn't it? Remind me how long we spent in the top 6? Top 2?

Things had to change or we wouldn't Have a football club in 5 years.

The club has to be sustainable, the owners are business savy there is no question of this.

They made a mistake in season one thinking we could buy our way out of the championship, this didn't happen and they won't make the same mistake again. Expect sensible additions and building a squad.

If we don't go up this season, the championship will be weaker next season. The clubs coming up rant as strong as those going down. And the teams coming out of the premier league QPR will need to sell big time. Reading are poor, who know who the final team will be but Wigan could also struggle financially and would also have the added distraction of Europa Leagie.

So keep the core the same add a strong central midfielder and a centre back as well as a couple of extra squad players for competiton we will be strong again.

So easy-, there must be half a dozen cheap prem league standard players looking to earn a couple of grand a week at Leicester instead of the silly 30 or 40k they could get at Wigan etc. This super cheap but great side you imagine doesn't exist and even if it were doable, do you honestly blieve Pearson is the man to build it?

We have bwe We Whhhhh

So easy-, there must be half a dozen cheap prem league standard players looking to earn a couple of grand a week at Leicester instead of the silly 30 or 40k they could get at Wigan etc. This super cheap but great side you imagine doesn't exist and even if it were doable, do you honestly blieve Pearson is the man to build it?

As we have been watching this closely as soon as details were released, firstly we can confirm that sanctions will apply based on the LCFC the year end accounts which run from 1st June 2013 to 31st May 2014 (so starts in a couple of months time). With sanctions kicking in Jan 2015 (transfer embargo if still in the division or "fine" if promoted - that figure is quite complex). In terms of converting loans to equity - it has no impact on the investment figure itself in the year this takes place, however it helps the current & future years as no interest will be accrued (as no longer a loan)

I believed sanctions applied next season; but I read the article the same as you.

Maybe we are both thick?

yep both being thick. see ft post.

"As we have been watching this closely as soon as details were released, firstly we can confirm that sanctions will apply based on the LCFC the year end accounts which run from 1st June 2013 to 31st May 2014 (so starts in a couple of months time). With sanctions kicking in Jan 2015 (transfer embargo if still in the division or "fine" if promoted - that figure is quite complex)."

Paying your way out worked so well for Sven didn't it? Remind me how long we spent in the top 6? Top 2?

The club has to be sustainable, the owners are business savy there is no question of this.

They made a mistake in season one thinking we could buy our way out of the championship, this didn't happen and they won't make the same mistake again. Expect sensible additions and building a squad.

If we don't go up this season, the championship will be weaker next season. The clubs coming up rant as strong as those going down. And the teams coming out of the premier league QPR will need to sell big time. Reading are poor, who know who the final team will be but Wigan could also struggle financially and would also have the added distraction of Europa Leagie.

So keep the core the same add a strong central midfielder and a centre back as well as a couple of extra squad players for competiton we will be strong again.

why will prem clubs need to sell big time. parachute money isn't counted in ffp. they may have to sell some, but not big.

What do you mean "strong again" we aint exactly setting the world on fire just now?

Lets not forget the club was never sustainable long before the Thais and Sven came along. The only time we ever made a profit was because we made a killing on selling Emile Heskey for £11,000,000, and even with that sale we barely made a profit

So who will?

yep both being thick. see ft post.

"As we have been watching this closely as soon as details were released, firstly we can confirm that sanctions will apply based on the LCFC the year end accounts which run from 1st June 2013 to 31st May 2014 (so starts in a couple of months time). With sanctions kicking in Jan 2015 (transfer embargo if still in the division or "fine" if promoted - that figure is

why will prem clubs need to sell big time. parachute money isn't counted in ffp. they may have to sell some, but not big.

Shame we didn't get promoted while we had the chance then.

We have bwe We Whhhhh

As we have been watching this closely as soon as details were released, firstly we can confirm that sanctions will apply based on the LCFC the year end accounts which run from 1st June 2013 to 31st May 2014 (so starts in a couple of months time). With sanctions kicking in Jan 2015 (transfer embargo if still in the division or "fine" if promoted - that figure is quite complex). In terms of converting loans to equity - it has no impact on the investment figure itself in the year this takes place, however it helps the current & future years as no interest will be accrued (as no longer a loan)

Thanks for the update - the post at the beginning of this thread clearly states that there are no sanctions for the 2013/14 season - is this just completely wrong? Why would they print such conflicting information?

Ok I get it now (and before you all jump up and down, how many of you really understand it?)

It is a little misleading in that although sanctions will not be imposed until the 2014/15 season, those sanctions will be based on the previous years accounts meaning as the FT so rightly point out that next seson is the first to count towards this.

So if we don't go up this year, we are essentially looking at getting rid of the high earners or going shit or bust next year while we still have them and getting a fine that we could pay off if we get promoted.

This would seem most sensible as the sanctions for staying down are a transfer embargo not financial.

The responsible route could see us in this division forever as relegated Prem teams will have all the quality players and most stuck in the division will struggle to compete.

Only Beckford and Gallagher frrom the old Sven guard have 2015 contracts, the rest with 2015s are Niges bargains and the others have 2014s. So its all quite a bit of twaddle which lets face it, unless someone knows something different, means we didn't really have to worry.

So we end up with a shite side for no reason - please tell me I have read this wrong

Add wellens to that and dyer not sure what he's on though

Thanks for the update - the post at the beginning of this thread clearly states that there are no sanctions for the 2013/14 season - is this just completely wrong? Why would they print such conflicting information?

It's not conflicting, you are just being a bit blind. I have already pointed out to you where you are not getting it and told you to look on the football league website.

There are so sanctions in the 2013/2014 season, but there are sanctions on the accounting period 2013/2014. Those sanctions come in the 2014/2015 season.

Sanctions cannot take place in the same accounting period, as the accounts haven't been finished. So, as I said they are retrospective. A breach in rules in 2013/14 = sanctions in 2014/15.

I'm really not sure how to explain this in a better way.

The responsible route could see us in this division forever as relegated Prem teams will have all the quality players and most stuck in the division will struggle to compete.

Blackburn and Wolves already have two of the most expensive squads in the league, both of them spent more than us in the summer... and they are 20th and 23rd. In fact teams coming down have a pretty shit record even with Parachute payments.

Phew

Me and Swiss Tony for starters.

Well that is two of you -and you were already great so that was inevitable.

It does make this season failure to go up automatically seem even sadder though - see me, I would have gone for it over the last two seasons and put all my players on contracts to finish this summer. That way if I had missed out I would have had a cheap and crappy squad for next year but at least would have made a real go of it in the last two freebie years.

Looks like nige has let us down again.

I would have gone for it over the last two seasons and put all my players on contracts to finish this summer. That way if I had missed out I would have had a cheap and crappy squad for next year

And then got relegated and had zero value in the squad.

At the end of the day, promotion is still going to be available for next season and the season after that etc. Shit or bust attitude is just ridiculous. The owners can now run the club on an even basis without making losses, and fans can't get on their back as it's the rules. This is good for us as it means we aren't going to go tits up and they aren't going to put our future at risk chasing their money.

They will just have to sit it out and wait to get promoted, it's not going to cost them anymore. What they will have though, is a big club, who owns it own ground, who are financially stable only spending what they take in. Whose only debt is to the people who own the club. A club which will have an advantage over lots of others in the league because they are big enough to make more money than many of the rest.

Yes we have missed a great opportunity, it's disappointing, but there is blame on the owners, Mandaric, Sousa, Sven, Pearson here... your sad little remarks about him really let you down.

We have a young squad that should get better, they have shown they can play for large chunks of the season. I know you want to forget that, but they have.

Although the clubs relegated from the Premiership will have a massive financial income advantage, with versions of FFP across all divisions, clubs will struggle to offload their high earners, so it really depends what % wage reduction each club has built into contracts if relegated.

Other than that, clubs will be on more of a level playing field, so it becomes a greater test of:

a)Managerial ability in getting the best out of players

b)Managerial negotiating ability to bring in loan players paying a low % of the wage cost

c)Productive youth system, as a greater number of players will need to be "home grown"

d)Scouting system, spotting players in the Leagues below current level, including non league

Hopefully these required skills should also give an advantage to "home grown" managers too

Although the clubs relegated from the Premiership will have a massive financial income advantage, with versions of FFP across all divisions, clubs will struggle to offload their high earners, so it really depends what % wage reduction each club has built into contracts if relegated.

Other than that, clubs will be on more of a level playing field, so it becomes a greater test of:

a)Managerial ability in getting the best out of players

b)Managerial negotiating ability to bring in loan players paying a low % of the wage cost

c)Productive youth system, as a greater number of players will need to be "home grown"

d)Scouting system, spotting players in the Leagues below current level, including non league

Hopefully these required skills should also give an advantage to "home grown" managers too

We should be alright then !!!!!

At the end of the day, promotion is still going to be available for next season and the season after that etc. Shit or bust attitude is just ridiculous. The owners can now run the club on an even basis without making losses, and fans can't get on their back as it's the rules. This is good for us as it means we aren't going to go tits up and they aren't going to put our future at risk chasing their money.

They will just have to sit it out and wait to get promoted, it's not going to cost them anymore. What they will have though, is a big club, who owns it own ground, who are financially stable only spending what they take in. Whose only debt is to the people who own the club. A club which will have an advantage over lots of others in the league because they are big enough to make more money than many of the rest.

Yes we have missed a great opportunity, it's disappointing, but there is blame on the owners, Mandaric, Sousa, Sven, Pearson here... your sad little remarks about him really let you down.

We have a young squad that should get better, they have shown they can play for large chunks of the season. I know you want to forget that, but they have.

Not really.....I don't wish the man any ill, just think he has shot it in the same way as Little, Adams, McGhee etc etc did - lots of early promise but eventually they drop down - NP is in the process of dropping down.

Having said that, if he can prove me wrong by tonking Bolton tonight and winning the last 3 and then going up via the play offs I will love him once more.......it is, as they say in football, in his hands (and then none of this FFP nonsense will matter either!)

Not really.....I don't wish the man any ill, just think he has shot it in the same way as Little, Adams, McGhee etc etc did - lots of early promise but eventually they drop down - NP is in the process of dropping down.

Having said that, if he can prove me wrong by tonking Bolton tonight and winning the last 3 and then going up via the play offs I will love him once more.......it is, as they say in football, in his hands (and then none of this FFP nonsense will matter either!)

Just goes to show how childishly fickle you are and plan to be.

I bet, if the above happens, that you'll claim to have been an adamant supporter of NP all along. Typical.

Just goes to show how childishly fickle you are and plan to be.

I bet, if the above happens, that you'll claim to have been an adamant supporter of NP all along. Typical.

Why would I do that - he is the wrong man for us but wait for it......drum roll....its hard for some people to understand......But.....I support Leicester City!!!!!!!!!!!

Why would I do that - he is the wrong man for us but wait for it......drum roll....its hard for some people to understand......But.....I support Leicester City!!!!!!!!!!!

Your pathetic trashing of him just makes people think you are nothing but a wum. He/the team are doing badly at this moment, everyone knows it. You don't need to make shit up, trash everything, belittle anything good, make others out to be better than they were. It's only serving to reflect badly on you.

Nobody is defending the recent run, what they will defend against is the over the top stuff that you and others post.

This. The majority of conflict on this site seems to be between those who have a short-term attitude or a longer team. Got nothing against people having ambition but win or bust failed once, there's no way you can afford to do it again. Imagine if we cocked up at it yet again?

Archived