Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Where is Waghorn?

Where is this guy?

Why Vardy and Kane on the bench instead of Waghorn, who offers good set piece deliveries and has a goal in him.

Has he been locked in a closet with Leon Crncic?

Anyone know where he is, I'm getting worried and I bet Mark_w is as well.

Agree with the free kick delivery..... But he certainly doesn't have a goal in him!!!!! More chance of a goal from ade akinbiyi!

signing Kane was tantamount to putting him on the transfer list - he deserves better but he has been given the opportunity to claim a starting place and has constantly been unable to take it. The team has cried out for someone to supplement Nugent's goals, Wood solved it, Schlupp has started to, Waghorn, Vardy, Futacs didn't. Only Futacs could say he wasn't given the chance. Whatever their contribution (and MW's overall contribution is good) a striker that doesn't score goals is no good to anyone. I've been a huge fan but I can't support him any more. Having said that I stil think he's better than Kane.

signing Kane was tantamount to putting him on the transfer list - he deserves better but he has been given the opportunity to claim a starting place and has constantly been unable to take it. The team has cried out for someone to supplement Nugent's goals, Wood solved it, Schlupp has started to, Waghorn, Vardy, Futacs didn't. Only Futacs could say he wasn't given the chance. Whatever their contribution (and MW's overall contribution is good) a striker that doesn't score goals is no good to anyone. I've been a huge fan but I can't support him any more. Having said that I stil think he's better than Kane.

Good post and I agree. However, not about the bit 'a striker who doesnt score goals is no good to anyone'.

Emile Heskey wasn't a prolific goal scorer, but was generally sensational in a City shirt. The perfect foil, if you like, for Claridge and Cottee.

Big Howard was never prolific for City, yet we very nearly made it into the play-off final under Nige and probably would have done if he wasn't banned for the first game.

A striker CAN be a target man, provided they are GOOD ENOUGH at it.

The problem with Waggy is what does he really bring to the table?

Not bad in the air, but not great.

Quick, but no Michael Owen.

Can score goals, but as you say, nowhere near enough of them.

I don't see a role for him in the side really and haven't for some time.

As you say though, Harry Kane was a strange strange signing IMO. Similar to Waggy.. What does Kane really bring that was any better than what we had before?

Good post and I agree. However, not about the bit 'a striker who doesnt score goals is no good to anyone'.

Emile Heskey wasn't a prolific goal scorer, but was generally sensational in a City shirt. The perfect foil, if you like, for Claridge and Cottee.

Big Howard was never prolific for City, yet we very nearly made it into the play-off final under Nige and probably would have done if he wasn't banned for the first game.

A striker CAN be a target man, provided they are GOOD ENOUGH at it.

The problem with Waggy is what does he really bring to the table?

Not bad in the air, but not great.

Quick, but no Michael Owen.

Can score goals, but as you say, nowhere near enough of them.

I don't see a role for him in the side really and haven't for some time.

As you say though, Harry Kane was a strange strange signing IMO. Similar to Waggy.. What does Kane really bring that was any better than what we had before?

Agreed about target men though it's quite a dated way of playing. Not sure I agree about Emile. True he wasn't prolific but my recollection is he certainly scored a fair few. I also thought he played some of his best games for us wide...picking up the ball wide, crossing for others to run on to or finishing himself. He didn't always play as the out and out up front central striker - a position he was found wanting in at Liverpool. I wonder whether MW would be worth trying out wide himself though of courde he doesn't have the blistering pace or brute strength of EH.

• 3 weeks later...

there is a termination topic on this site on google but I dont have permission to view, this site is into censorship now?

No. The topic has been deleted, therefore it's unaccessible :P

Archived