Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
eaststand68

Bye Bye Pearson

Wellens and waghorn are out of contract there will be plenty of takers in league 1 for Gallagher, Huddersfield want to keep beckford and i think danns and st ledger would still have a part to play next season. Also with the age of the squad pearson has built it won't be an issue having not much money to spend.

Wellens and Waghorn are out of contract in 2014 according to a thread over on TB. The same thread lists only Taft, Logan, Hopper and Pearson Jr as out of contract this summer. Gallagher won't go to League One when he has a big contract here until 2015. 2015! That's ****ing obscene.

According to a Sunday paper & radio 5 live, the owners want Martin ' O Neill as a replacement for Pearson!

My heart has longed for Sir Martin to return, but my head say's leave the job well alone.

I'm not sure he could handle it anymore, and I say that with a heavy heart.

MON could handle the pressure with ease you don't manage in the prem for so long if you cannot deal with pressure, it isn't as if we expect to be in the champions league!, all we ask for is just to be a regular prem club we certainly have the stadium now capable of sustaining it and the owners who have the money to finance it.

It is NP who cannot handle the pressure and expectation and that is why he will always be a championship manager and nothing more imo.

I'm not sure he can anymore - he looked at broken man at Sunderland and they were destined for relegation until they had sense to sack him. Now look at them! Quite clearly he struggled to motivate them - exactly the same way Pearson couldn't motivate this side.

I say, get someone fresh in, with new ideas. The football under MON at Sunderland was awful, now look at them.

He's got to go the season has be a massive failure. He hasnt got the tactics to finish in the top 2 it doesnt matter what team we have he never knows what to do when teams play 5 in the midfield he hardly ever changes a game by making the right subs and nothing will change. Its his way or no way he's avarage as a manager hes good at getting teams chasing the playoffs spots but he's not got the edge for automatic.

He's got to go the season has be a massive failure. He hasnt got the tactics to finish in the top 2 it doesnt matter what team we have he never knows what to do when teams play 5 in the midfield he hardly ever changes a game by making the right subs and nothing will change. Its his way or no way he's avarage as a manager hes good at getting teams chasing the playoffs spots but he's not got the edge for automatic.

Totally agree, he certainly has to go now. He's had more than long enough. Hopefully City will be in Dulls position this time next year with him gone.

He did a great job getting the team out of league 1 first time of asking, but this level is a step too far. Thanks, but no thanks. NP has to go.

Who comes in? Lord only knows.

O'Neill with John Robertson and Steve Walford? Yes please. Without them? Not for me.

exactly my thoughts. every club MON has managed with his own backroom staff he has improved. sunderland are the only team he has failed to do well at and he had his backroom staff appointed by sunderland.

Sounds good but I'm not so sure. Gotta stop living in the past and look to future I reckon.

This. People think if he comes back were just going to start winning its doesnt work like that. I dont want him back it will only ruin what hes already done.

This. People think if he comes back were just going to start winning its doesnt work like that. I dont want him back it will only ruin what hes already done.

Your spot on Danny. Just because he comes back doesn't mean it will be an instant fix. There's obviously something wrong, not just with NP, but with the players also. These things take time to remedy.

Matteo wont come to the championship again he won the champions league ffs!

This. I really, really don't know why this is so hard to understand for so many people on this forum, and I don't know how many times it needs saying.

O'Neill with John Robertson and Steve Walford? Yes please. Without them? Not for me.

This is the real crux of the issue.

Great at man management and motivation. But on his own. Pointless.

Has his good points. But he's got major flaws without his team.

I believe for the short term. Having god back would lift the club. Stop the negativity and boostattendance. But 10 games in and results being crap. Would anything really change. No.

Why does everyone assume a new manager will do any better the chances are he will change half the team finish mid table and get sacked its the way it goes with leicester. I know lets do something different give a manager some time 3 years plus and then judge him this young side is built for the future whats the point of ripping it apart and not letting them get to the future together.

Also earlier in the season january time i remember people saying that we were ahead of schedule being in the automatic promotion places. People thought that it might take 2 seasons earlier in the season and were prepared to wait.

Also what right do we have to get promoted we didn't have the best team so we can try again next season. There are probably 10 teams who consider there aim promotion most won't achieve that.

Just my opinion. However would like to see someone with lots of championship experience if he was to get sacked, I hate to say it but i wouldn't mind neil warnock

Archived