Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
eaststand68

Bye Bye Pearson

Its highly unlikely with the wages they are on most of them are going anywhere. A new manager who doesn't fall out with everyone may still turn a few of them into success's as they are not all bad players, but our current Neanderthal manager will just continue to fall out and shun some players while favouring others regardless of talent and form. One of the reasons we are were we are.

Which 'shunned out players' are more talented, on better form and have a better attitude than our current playing first team?

If we picked up as many points as we have in the last 17 games over the course of a season we'd finish on 32 points. That is the reason to get rid of Pearson. 17 games isn't a blip, it's going on half a season of nailed on relegation form.

People need to stop saying he knows what's needed, what is that based on.

Judging from your lengthy post, one could come to the conclusion that no other manager in the footballing world is as flawed and prone to errors like Nigel Pearson.

Maybe the fact that the player aren't up to playing in a different formation is also down to... the players?

Fact is, all managers make mistakes. Just like footballers do. I find it funny that everything you examine is somehow miraculously Pearson's fault. As if there were no other forces involved in managing a football team.

We have seen so many times what chopping and changing does to a team and a club, especially here at Leicester. This squad shows signs of promise and we need stability. No brainer: Pearson stays (for at least one more season). If we won't make the playoffs and if he can't deliver at the end of the 2013/2014 campaign, I might join in with the "Pearson Out!" brigade. Until then: Patience required.

Besides, in case you haven't noticed: The season's not over yet.

I agree.

So we get another manager. Next season we still don't get promoted, has that manager 'had his chance' and needs to be sacked?

are you saying you would not have sacked peter taylor then aas well as levein and kelly .are you happy with this level of football because i know for one we need premier league football or we could be the next plymouth portsmouth. the owners must act if they want there dream, if not it could all be an anticlimax to there dream

ive consistently said i hate seeing Leicester City sack any manager (genuinely only ever wanted tater peeler out previously)

however NP has had his chance and when we blow it against the Red Scum i think the patience of the owners will finally run out aswell

What's the point in sacking him after 1 full season? You give him time! Look at Cardiff with Malky and Dave Jones, they gave them more time.

Wolves with MM, gave him 3 seasons.

This league is hard to get out of and to sack a manager after 1 full season of a good campaign, of what we've seen some good football.

To everyone saying to sack him, who would you bring in then? Because there's not that good available managers.

Which 'shunned out players' are more talented, on better form and have a better attitude than our current playing first team?

I would say Danns and SSSL, had they been given a fair chance and run to get match fit would have been more solid. danns gives energy and goals, something our midfield lacks, and SSL is a good experienced defender. Although I have been impressed by Keane, our defence has conceded a lot more goals since he came, we are just a place Fergie has sent him to learn from his mistakes. Also, as much as I don't like him, we started the season preferring a newly acquired non league striker to Beckford who had played for Everton and scored goals in the premier league. While him and Danns may not appear to have been great on loan, don't forget they are playing in a very poor team.

A manager should be judged on his achievements and results, not wether we like him or not, or we agree with his transfer policies.

What has Pearson achieved, nothing we are no nearer achieving our goal, when he inherited a good squad, and has added his own crop of players.

Results, so inconsistent and one of the worse losing runs in our history, and those fans who have followed Leicester for a long time know we have had some poor teams in the past.

So for me he has had time, money and the players to achieve success but doesn't appear to have the ability.

I understand people's loyalty to Pearson because he is a Leicester manager, and we have had too much change in recent years, but for me with the investment put in by the owners, I do worry how long they are prepared to wait to achieve promotion before they get bored of there hobby and want to move on.

For me Pearson is not the man to bring us succes, and needs to be replaced to stop this poor run going into next season. He hasn't been able to stop the rot in 16 games, and seems completely unable to find the answer to the problem.

Pearson is ****ing clueless and shouldve been sacked after the derby game. If hes not sacked by may 17th i for one will not be renewing my season ticket!

We'll all miss your booing next season

I'm gutted this season has turned into a nightmare but the players have to take some responsibility as well as Pearson. I'm 50/50 with his future at the club. I wouldn't mind if he was given another season but also wouldn't mind if we did go for someone new.

o yes lets have another season of bad management ,arragance getting rid of the best players like we have this season ,trouble in the dressing room,fall outs playing people out of position ,4.4.2 again ,o yes we should definatly pay good money to see that lot,F,F,S get real no plan B

I've said this so many times.

He did F*** all at Hull and look where they are now, post Pearson.

If he's around next season we will be lower than mid-table. He doesn't seem to have the right tactics for any of the opposition and the impetus of a couple of months ago has petered out. A GOOD manager (not just "decent") would have kept the momentum going. Everyone has the so-called sticky patch but we just don't have a manager with the nouse and guile to guide us through to the (successful) end.

Sometimes it appears the players are playing on instinct rather than having a plan of any kind.

o yes lets have another season of bad management ,arragance getting rid of the best players like we have this season ,trouble in the dressing room,fall outs playing people out of position ,4.4.2 again ,o yes we should definatly pay good money to see that lot,F,F,S get real no plan B

I'm definitely in favour of a season of decent spelling and grammar. Who's in?

Somebody up thread said they'd love to see what Pearson could do with proper money. He has spent millions here.

The slashing the wage bill thing is bollocks too. He has shipped a couple of high earners out on loan. Do people think we aren't paying most of their wages still? And do they think the players we have brought in play for free?

2 wins in sixteen games just isn't good enough at any level of football. We only have ourselves to blame and the buck stops with the manager. Huge game where we needed three points and he starts with Nugent on the bench? Nugent should have started on Friday in place of Schlupp Drinkwater should have played in place of Knockeart who has been poor recently. Results went our way yesterday, quite frankly we do not deserve to be in the play offs. Pearson has to go did not want him back anyway results went our way in January we were not playing well but managed to grind out results. We were sussed out by opposing teams flood the midfield, and play us high up the pitch. Pearson could not see this and consequently we started getting beaten by the so called lesser teams. I am hoping the owners can see this and yes we do need a change else it will be same old next season. A season where the Ffp rules will have a huge effect on our team, ambitions and status.

I've said this so many times.

He did F*** all at Hull and look where they are now, post Pearson.

If he's around next season we will be lower than mid-table. He doesn't seem to have the right tactics for any of the opposition and the impetus of a couple of months ago has petered out. A GOOD manager (not just "decent") would have kept the momentum going. Everyone has the so-called sticky patch but we just don't have a manager with the nouse and guile to guide us through to the (successful) end.

Sometimes it appears the players are playing on instinct rather than having a plan of any kind.

sadly i think you are right Parafox

What if he's sacked on the 18th?

I say the 17th because thats when the earlybird deadline is. But knowing my look they probablly will sack him on the 18th. If we're not going to sack him he needs to do the honourable thing and resign.

He's had 3 full seasons with us.

- Promotion from League 1

- Playoffs (out on penalties)

-And this season, with a small chance of playoffs.

His current tenure is 1 and a half seasons. For a manager who is CUTTING the squad, wage bill or whatever and looking to build for the future, that is not enough time. Looking at where we were earlier in the season (in terms of league position and performances/results) suggests that we can do that again next season but with improved consistency.

For us to change manager every season in anticipation of promotion suggests we are going to spend big every year. We are already in alot of debt. Right now, i would prefer Pearson's methods. Save some money and look to the future. If you are in favour of getting rid of Pearson and getting another manager in (whoever it is will probably cost more than Pearson), then you have to sign much better players too. What will your opinion be on us falling further into debt? We need to cut costs and become sustainable. Signing and sacking managers every season is costly, not just on the pitch but on the financial side aswell.

Not winning matches is a lot more costly than sacking managers. The man is a joke of a manager, he should have never got the job in the first place, his CV isn't good, people distort this.

He should have been sacked two months ago, that would have got us at least into the play offs, instead of letting the clown continue ballsing up game after game

Somebody up thread said they'd love to see what Pearson could do with proper money. He has spent millions here.

The slashing the wage bill thing is bollocks too. He has shipped a couple of high earners out on loan. Do people think we aren't paying most of their wages still? And do they think the players we have brought in play for free?

This...

There is little chance we will manage to get rid of any more than 1 or 2 of Gallagher Wellens Waghorn Danns Beckford St.Ledger etc - without having to continue to pay some of the wages for the remainder of their contract either as a settlement or by them being loaned out again.

That means there'll be very little money spent this summer - so if the squad isn't going to change something else has to. For me that's the approach we take to coaching them and setting them up tactically, which is why Pearson has to go. Shame, but the warning bells of the Taylor era are ringing very loudly.

This...

There is little chance we will manage to get rid of any more than 1 or 2 of Gallagher Wellens Waghorn Danns Beckford St.Ledger etc - without having to continue to pay some of the wages for the remainder of their contract either as a settlement or by them being loaned out again.

That means there'll be very little money spent this summer - so if the squad isn't going to change something else has to. For me that's the approach we take to coaching them and setting them up tactically, which is why Pearson has to go. Shame, but the warning bells of the Taylor era are ringing very loudly.

Wellens and waghorn are out of contract there will be plenty of takers in league 1 for Gallagher, Huddersfield want to keep beckford and i think danns and st ledger would still have a part to play next season. Also with the age of the squad pearson has built it won't be an issue having not much money to spend.

Archived