Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
eaststand68

Bye Bye Pearson

First time round MON was legend. Since then he's won the Scottish league a few times with Celtic. Not exactly an achievement. Since then he's built team at Villa that cost £10smillions when only Young, Milner and Gabby got them anywhere. Sunderland was a complete disaster. I do wonder if football has moved on a little since those heady days with MArtin before. Does he even know anything about the Championship, other teams players or even what players to buy that we could get in this division any more?

Colin has done well at almost every club he's been at save for 6 months at Leeds this year. I'm not even sure why so many CIty fans are so Anti to be honest, if we were flying high with a manager having fun with the questions verbally like he does then would we have a problem?

I just can't see who on earth there is to replace NP with.

Robust, boring football more often than not gets you out of the division though. MON would be able to keep the majority of this team together and by adding a few winners would walk this division. We obviously have talent. Two 6-1 wins this season shows that.

What we don't have is enough leaders on the pitch. No bottle for a fight. This will more than likely be NP last game in charge on Saturday. The only thing that will save him is a play off win. It would be a minor miracle if results go our way to get there.

First time round MON was legend. Since then he's won the Scottish league a few times with Celtic. Not exactly an achievement. Since then he's built team at Villa that cost £10smillions when only Young, Milner and Gabby got them anywhere. Sunderland was a complete disaster. I do wonder if football has moved on a little since those heady days with MArtin before. Does he even know anything about the Championship, other teams players or even what players to buy that we could get in this division any more?

Colin has done well at almost every club he's been at save for 6 months at Leeds this year. I'm not even sure why so many CIty fans are so Anti to be honest, if we were flying high with a manager having fun with the questions verbally like he does then would we have a problem?

I just can't see who on earth there is to replace NP with.

sorry just cant see Colin but.. people call O'Neil the Messiah and at the time he was, and I was there unlike some on this forum, but to my knowledge no Messiah has yet had a second coming, so lets remember MON for what he gave us and not take the chance to tarnish or ruin what was an amazing time. Football has moved on but without Robbo I am afraid MON looks lost. so for me try and get RDM he lives in Leamington, did good job at the Baggies and lets move onwards and upwards

sorry just cant see Colin but.. people call O'Neil the Messiah and at the time he was, and I was there unlike some on this forum, but to my knowledge no Messiah has yet had a second coming, so lets remember MON for what he gave us and not take the chance to tarnish or ruin what was an amazing time. Football has moved on but without Robbo I am afraid MON looks lost. so for me try and get RDM he lives in Leamington, did good job at the Baggies and lets move onwards and upwards

Maybe not a second coming but there have been plenty of "successful" second spells.

No second coming? Try telling that to Bayern Munich fans today. He's on his third.

Guest MattP

Rene Girard from Montpellier, won Ligue 1 last season, contract up at the end of the season, willing to come to The Championship.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/22381080

No doubt a very good manager.

But how will he get along trimming 20 odd million off a championship teams finances with fans demanding a top two finish?

But how will he get along trimming 20 odd million off a championship teams finances with fans demanding a top two finish?

Shipping out the dead wood and overpaid players and bringing in a team full of Knockaerts probably. :trumpet:

I increasingly suspect that our chances of attracting a top manager depend on our board's willingness to turn loans into capital.

Interesting. Should Pearson leave, a guy who's won the French league under a small budget with a small french club is hardly a bad replacement!

I would love him if he would come... although he says he would manage in the championship there would probably be a few premier league teams in for him.

I would love him if he would come... although he says he would manage in the championship there would probably be a few premier league teams in for him.

True but if Nige left the day or two after Saturday, should we not make it, then I think we would have a great chance of snapping him up. As poster before you said, it would be a breath of fresh air and certainly fills me with more optimism than the poor lists being drawn up all over this forum.

I wouldn't mind an exciting young French manager if Pearson was sacked, would be better than the usual dreary suspects that pop up every time.

To be fair Girard is 60. It's never going to happen though, I expect he'd go to Newcastle. There is the obvious con that he doesn't know the league but then neither did Di Matteo or Zola (though they did obviously have a grounding in English football).

I went to Paris last season and saw his Montpellier team draw with PSG, they were a really good side on a fairly tight budget. He especially knew how to get the most out of players like Giroud (who he bought from Ligue 2 Tours for something like €2 million and sold him on for €12 million).

I think Girard might worryingly becoming my Solskjaer/Petrescu... that remindsme I have't sent that letter to Susan Whelan yet.

To be fair Girard is 60. It's never going to happen though, I expect he'd go to Newcastle. There is the obvious con that he doesn't know the league but then neither did Di Matteo or Zola (though they did obviously have a grounding in English football).

I went to Paris last season and saw his Montpellier team draw with PSG, they were a really good side on a fairly tight budget. He especially knew how to get the most out of players like Giroud (who he bought from Ligue 2 Tours for something like €2 million and sold him on for €12 million).

I think Girard might worryingly becoming my Solskjaer/Petrescu... that remindsme I have't sent that letter to Susan Whelan yet.

To be fair i didn't think there was a possibility till i read that bbc thing where he said he would go to a championship club hoping for promotion

I'd take a gamble on him over some of the names suggested in this thread.

I'm simply amazed someone who got his side an absolute shock league victory was not snapped up by a bigger club, and is actually leaving them at the end of the season.

If he guarantees Belhanda with him, get him in :ph34r:

This one

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/22381080

"Maybe there are also some big clubs in the Championship who have ambitions to get back into the Premier League, that could be interesting for me," he said.

I'll tell you one thing too - Knockaert. He actually wanted him and Montpellier yet they couldn't afford him.

I honestly think there might be something in this.

I'd give it a while she's still reading your last one and trying to make sense of it. :thumbup:

Archived