Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Leicester 1-2 Watford Post Match

They were class to be fair.

In a different league to us. Pace, good on the ball and solid.

Everything we're not!

It was 2-1, not 17-0.

I know people are down because of the implications of that result but it was a close game in which they offered more in the final third. It was hardly a mauling.

What facts? You mean like the facts that the comment you posted made no sense and looked like the post of an idiot?

If you don't want abuse don't post so many stupid things. Engage your brain instead of trying to look clever with an anti-Pearson slogan which is total bollocks.

Tell me what part of him failing to get promotion in 4 attempts from the championship is bollocks and I will agree with you.

I thought we played fine for the first 40 minutes. We were undone by 5 minutes of madness and a wonder goal just before the break.

After the break we were much the better side. I genuinely think a draw would have been a fair reflection. It was 5 minutes that cost us.

And for all the talk of Watford's supposed beautiful passing, their two goals came from a poorly defended corner and a long ball downfield that was poorly controlled and rifled in by a wonderstrike from Chalobah.

Anyway, as if it wasn't obvious already, that's it.

Considering how much of the ball we had in the 1st 40 minutes we created **** all. They had the 2 best chances before they scored.

We never troubled them, even after we got a goal back.

Tell me what part of him failing to get promotion in 4 attempts from the championship is bollocks and I will agree with you.

No, you tell me how...

Take a manager who has never got promoted from the championship and what do you get?

Not promoted from the championship!

Simples

...makes sense.

If you can justify that comment, and I mean that comment, not the ones you've posted since, then I'll discuss the points you made afterwards.

We huffed and puffed and did ok at times but never once i actually thought we were gonna win, and for a must win game that just shows the attitude from our players is just not right and i'm truly wondering if Pearson can sort it out....

Little bit harsh if that opinion is based on tonight's performance, I thought Konch was good! however I agree over the course of the season he hasn't been up the required standard.

Must of watched a different game.

Flaming crap he was, amount of balls he gave away especially first half was a joke, not up to scratch anymore.

Need younger legs in that position.

To be quite honest, it isn't over. It's very close to being over but not yet.

We have to beat Forest and Bolton have to draw twice.

This is unlikely and I expect it won't happen but it isn't impossible. I hold very little hope I must admit but please don't tell me it cannot happen. What if Bolton fail to beat Cardiff tomorrow? Will you all still go into the final day believing we have no chance?

Or will you say "what if?" Because I think that's what you'll be doing, you won't believe much but you will think "just maybe."

Considering how much of the ball we had in the 1st 40 minutes we created **** all. They had the 2 best chances before they scored.

We never troubled them, even after we got a goal back.

I must have imagined Wood being fouled in the area immediately being followed by Marshall missing a sitter.

I'm not saying we deserved to win, but they were hardly tearing us apart before they scored from a set piece and then got a once-in-a-lifetime wondergoal.

It was 2-1, not 17-0.

I know people are down because of the implications of that result but it was a close game in which they offered more in the final third. It was hardly a mauling.

TBF I agree it was a close open game.

We probably worked the goalkeeper more than you but certainly did put us under pressure with pace 1st half certainly.

2nd half started brightly for you but faded somewhat - thought we would be pinned into our own area more.

It was 2-1, not 17-0.

Would've been more if not for Kasper and a goal line clearance

It was 2-1, not 17-0.

I'm not sure what game you were watching, we were outclassed and outfought, second to every 50/50, they passed it far better than our scrappy play, they created more chances, in the first 40 minutes I thought they looked the better side and our defending was asking for us to concede.

They let us back into the game second half and we woke up for a short while, but that was it. I thought we were pathetic in the main, our desire could not match their's so matching their quality was out of the question.

Four attempts? When and where exactly? Are you talking about his time with us, then it's only one attempt so far... with the second one still ongoing.

Where are the other two coming from? Maybe one attempt with Hull, but that's it.

Your calculations don't add up.

I must have imagined Wood being fouled in the area immediately being followed by Marshall missing a sitter.

I'm not saying we deserved to win, but they were hardly tearing us apart before they scored from a set piece and then got a once-in-a-lifetime wondergoal.

Wow we mustered 1 pathetic attempt. I take it all back. We deserved a point

I'm not sure what game you were watching, we were outclassed and outfought, second to every 50/50, they passed it far better than our scrappy play, they created chances, in the first 40 minutes I thought they looked the better side.

They let us back into the game second half and we woke up for a short while, but that was it. I thought we were pathetic in the main, our desire could not match their's so matching their quality was out of the question.

Shots 9:10

On Target 4:6

Possession 46:50

Corners 9:7

I think you put that 5 mental minutes to one side and it was an even game. Watford entirely deserved to win precisely because those 5 minutes happened. But it was a close game. We weren't very good (unsurprising given 1 win in 12 and 2 in 16) but Watford hardly looked like world-beaters.

Wow we mustered 1 pathetic attempt. I take it all back. We deserved a point

Didn't say that.

Would've been more if not for Kasper and a goal line clearance

Sorry, forgot we weren't allowed goalkeepers and players to clear the ball.

Shots 9:10

On Target 4:6

Possession 46:50

Corners 9:7

I think you put that 5 mental minutes to one side and it was an even game. Watford entirely deserved to win precisely because those 5 minutes happened. But it was a close game. We weren't very good (unsurprising given 1 win in 12 and 2 in 16) but Watford hardly looked like world-beaters.

No way. Long before that 5 minutes I knew we were in trouble, Schmeichel had to make a few saves and they were finding important passes far more often than us. A lot of our forward balls were hopeful and 50/50s for our strikers at best. When we did get it to their feet they could not get hold of it for love not money.

I don't think Watford were world-beaters either, but their slick passing was very noticeable next to our slow, bumbling play and lack of ideas. Not to mention our body language and poor physical strength.

I thought Watford looked mostly in control, I never felt we looked like winning and even though we huffed and puffed for a bit after our goal there really wasn't enough created and I was not convinced by our 'onslaught'.

No way. Long before that 5 minutes I knew we were in trouble, Schmeichel had to make a few saves and they were finding important passes far more often than us. A lot of our forward balls were hopeful and 50/50s for our strikers at best. When we did get it to their feet they could not get hold of it for love not money.

I don't think Watford were world-beaters either, but their slick passing was very noticeable next to our slow, bumbling play and lack of ideas. Not to mention our body language and poor physical strength.

I thought Watford looked mostly in control, I never felt we looked like winning and even though we huffed and puffed for a bit after our goal there really wasn't enough created and I was not convinced by our 'onslaught'.

Schmeichel made 2 big saves before their goal.

Otherwise nothing, it was a game lost in midfield.

You're right though, we had no ideas in the first half.

No, you tell me how...

...makes sense.

If you can justify that comment, and I mean that comment, not the ones you've posted since, then I'll discuss the points you made afterwards.

ok, I agree i missed out " take a manager who's not good enough to be promoted from the championship..."

Happy?

Must of watched a different game.

Flaming crap he was, amount of balls he gave away especially first half was a joke, not up to scratch anymore.

Need younger legs in that position.

You can say that about a numerous player's tonight! all im saying is konchesky was one the better player's tried to get forward and make thing's happen, which is a lot more than can be said for other's! just out of curiousity to clarify if were on the same page....? do you think de laet was flaming crap aswell?

It took us 61 minutes to have a shot on target. In our biggest game in almost exactly 3 years. We deserved nothing.

I gotta agree, shows the players attitudes are not right in my opinion

I gotta agree, shows the players attitudes are not right in my opinion

Seriously??

Barcelona managed only 1 shot in 90 minutes in their 'biggest' game for three years, and they lost 4-0.

Must be a problem with their attitudes.

Can our fans just admit than sometimes the opposition is better than yourself??

Every team loses games, there is not a team in football which has never lost a game, the season was not lost tonight.

Archived