Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Where were you when we scored?

Was listening at home to Liam's stream from radio Leicester, hearing stringer scream Knockys name... well... I lost it and started jumping round the living room I was shaking and in tears

Oh and I also woke up my 10 month old son... he didnt look impressed.

Running around my living room before collapsing to my knees

So, so sweet after our run, after never winning there, after a ref always like to give them something, after McGugan came on who always does something against us, after it stopped them getting in the playoffs, after it got us in them, after it coming in injury time, just so, so, so, sweet!

I still can't believe it

In the garden pottering. Got an old city light shade in the shed that i kept for sentimentle reasons. Put it on my head and ran round like a tw@t. Neighbours must have thought what the fvck!

lol quality

Obviously if you weren't at the game...

I'd just come off the cricket pitch after we (and I)

had bowled well. Said to my mate 'Watch this good mood evaporate when I find out the Leicester score.'

He got his phone out, a minute later he goes 'I think your good mood is going to continue...'

:yahoo::jump::yahoo::jump:

I was next in to bat!

At a house warming in Melbourne, it was almost midnight and everyone was outside having a BBQ and some beers, it was just me and my mate who's a massive Watford fan inside flicking between Hull v Cardiff and Watford v Leeds and I was on BBC football and twitter on my phone and went absolutely wild when it popped up 3-2 and then Hull got a penalty and missed and then he went to the toilet and Cardiff scored and I ran upstairs to tell him and he didn't believe me, so I showed him on my phone and he went wild so we watched the last 15 minutes of the Watford game and they conceded and he flipped his sh!t. Gotta get up at 4:45am on Friday to watch the first leg, buzzing.

Any way

Listened to the first half thinking like most level headed members of the club that while we had a chance it was a small one Forest scored I thought "here we go". 

We, from somewhere, started to play well and missed a shit load of chances, by which time I'd elected to listen to the game whilst doing the washing up as being a goal down at the City ground I thought we were fcked anyway and I may as well do something productive with the afternoon. I actually celebrated the first goal more than the last, my biggest fear was that we just weren't going to turn up and the afternoon would pitter out into a standard City Ground defeat. When that first one when in I knew it was at least going to be an afternoon worth getting excited about. 

The second was a standard goal celebration, I remember last season, and the Jack Lester equaliser so I knew it was stupid to get carried away. But I was that nevous, with Bolton getting it back to 2-2 at half time as well I had to go and buy 4 bottles of Perroni.

Their equaliser was predictable, and the next 45 minutes was just horrible, on about 80 minutes, for me, it was clear someone was going to score, I had no fckign clue which one of us but the decisions being made by both benches indicated that someone was going to snatch it. 

I was listening to Liams stream (legend btw mate thank you) and watching final score at the same time, sat there biting my nails. I was behind as the stream kept skipping but didn't realise  by how far until, without a report, the TV on mute popped up with

NOTTINGHAM FOREST 2 LEICESTER CITY 3 (ANTHONY KNOCKAERT)

Whilst apparently we were defending a corner. I did the obvious double take, thought through the possibility of it being a wrong, though surely the stream can't be that far behind and realised it was, jumped around the living room for about 1 minute. Girlfriend was upstairs painting to get away from the whole thing and I was shouting at her to listen to the radio commentary as I know Stringer and Young were going to describe the above goal in matter of seconds....and they did, awesome.

The next five minutes I spent physically shaking with fear that they'd equalise, as they have done so many times against us at the City Ground, I think of those 4 bottles two got consumed in that 6 minutes injury time, kept having flash backs to being 18 in my ex's dorm at Manchester uni going fcking mad when Jack Lester equalised when I was sure we had them beat.

Full time amazing feeling but still so nervous about Bolton, elated when it came in....drained for the rest of the day lol. What a day.

I was in bar 66 on Braunstone gate and it was meant to be on the tv but when Palace v Peterborough came on everybody was gutted. They put it on the radio and gave everybody free drinks and when Knocky scored the place ereupted lol

Walking to work until i got a phone call from my brother in England saying we had done it... Needless to say i ran across the road without looking, almost getting hit by a car, just to jump around on the beach screaming like a mad man.

Was at market tavern, on the radio there but couldnt listen to it because my nerves were in shred's, ended up in walkabout, and also ended up being barred for going completely nuts but i'd do it all again, amazing day I love leicester!

Archived