Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Where were you when we scored?

On the beach with the kids at Ingoldmells. Crap phone reception and kids falling in the sea meant I couldn't really keep up. Got updates from the Guardian app that City had won but didn't know at that point what Bolton had done. Cue frantic waving phone around for a signal and cursing "FFS just load the god damn page you poxy piece of Korean shit" at my phone before having it confirmed...

What a day i mean what a bloody day got to Notts at 9am from then on things just got better and better No voice today .To think we sneaked into the Play Offs in Forests back Yard is all my dream come true .After all the slagging off on here about the shirts making us plastic fans ive got to disagree it was a great touch and most people wore them and to look at the photos around the net Forest end looks nice in Blue .Lets hope the lads are up for finishing off the job now but they did us proud yesterday .

iwas just parking the car at a mall in bahrain, got the notification through on my phone and just went mental waving my scarf out the window. best the mrs could muster was a 'well done baby' (shes from reading). she less impressed when the final score was confirmed at us and bolton as we were in the mall by then and my dancing about and shout of yes at the top of my voice attracted some very strange looks from the locals. Looking at flights for if we make the final now... COYB

What a day i mean what a bloody day got to Notts at 9am from then on things just got better and better No voice today .To think we sneaked into the Play Offs in Forests back Yard is all my dream come true .After all the slagging off on here about the shirts making us plastic fans ive got to disagree it was a great touch and most people wore them and to look at the photos around the net Forest end looks nice in Blue .Lets hope the lads are up for finishing off the job now but they did us proud yesterday .

I was about to say the same. Anyone slagging the idea off should look at some of the pictures and then eat their words

I was in my flat on my own listening to it through Foxes Player. When we scored I ended up throwing the sofa cushions across the room, running in the kitchen to shout at the microwave (I've no idea either) and then collapsed on what remained on the sofa doing some kind of manical laughter because I couldn't believe it. God knows what my neighbours think now.

Then I put on my Leicester scarf, went out into the 18 degree heat, and strolled through North London singing "Forever and ever" to go an buy some beer to drink in a friend's garden. I still can't believe it now

Honestly lads, your result yesterday made me so happy. I'm a Chelsea lad from Uxbridge. Re-located to Derby last summer, and almost instantly met a girl that completely changed how I thought the next 10 months of my life was going to go. She is beautiful, and she's a Leicester ST holder. She introduced me to plenty of Leicester folks, and she famously dragged me to your away game vs Birmingham back in October, which forced me to listen to Chelsea's early kick off, you know the day we battered Spurs at WHL, on the bleedin' radio. Dull game, but Leicester typically played well, controlled possession, but with zero cutting edge.

Leicester and Chelsea sound very similar, so I didn't feel nearly as guilty as I should have been for singing some of your songs, and abusing Marlon King is always fun. 

Anyway, fast forward to yesterday, I was perfectly happy to spend the day watching the drama in the Championship unfold on Skysports, but oh no, she weren't having it. She said she had managed to score an extra ticket and I had to accompany her to the game. So there you have it, I was there, a Chelsea lad stood right amongst you lot on such a historical day, and trust me I went as mental as everybody around me when Knockeart rolled the ball into the empty net. 

Now I should admit something, I've always had a soft spot for most Midlands clubs, particularly Forest and West Brom, though I've always hated Wolves, but after this season, I have unexpectedly fallen for Leicester, and if I never go to a Leicester game again, I will always remember the day Knockeart made it 3-2 away at Forest in the last minute on the last day of the season to clinch a play-off spot at their expense.

I was at home, in bed in sheffield. I've been working abroad a lot the last three weeks so was having a well earned epic lie in. Had the laptop on listening to foxesplayer. I'm not sure if it was the jet lag or just the fact I'm a big girl, but I was in pieces sobbing after knocky scored the winner. I'd scared the cats twice before that by screaming when we scored the first two. But I was in such shock at the third...and in disbelief waiting to hear Bolton had scored that I just sat and sobbed. It was only after the final whistle in the Bolton pool game did I start to maniacally laugh and jump round the room. God knows what the neighbours thought!!!

I was at home and didn't have the nerve to follow it on the radio after Forest equalised so watched the cricket from Grace Road on Sky.

It was the perfect antidote to anxiety; Low key, hardly anyone there, the occasional smattering of applause for a good shot and then out of nowhere a strangled chanting of 'we love you Leicester' and the cameras panned on to a small knot of City fans in the orange seats, waving a flag and clapping along.

Quick flick to Sky Sports 5 for confirmation and then the five minute wait...

I was at home and didn't have the nerve to follow it on the radio after Forest equalised so watched the cricket from Grace Road on Sky.

It was the perfect antidote to anxiety; Low key, hardly anyone there, the occasional smattering of applause for a good shot and then out of nowhere a strangled chanting of 'we love you Leicester' and the cameras panned on to a small knot of City fans in the orange seats, waving a flag and clapping along.

Quick flick to Sky Sports 5 for confirmation and then the five minute wait...

I was jumping around the street outside the ground to that, got some strange looks from passers by as well as my kids faces peering out the car window at me with a look of, 'why's dad gone mad.'

Was a stressful day. Only had BBC teletext and then later final score to go on. Was at my nieces birthday at a house with no internet. Watching the games unfold led me to being happy, sad, angry. Annoyed and then in the last minute we scored and Bolton was 2-2. I ran around the house and garden screaming with a trail of my nieces friends and herself shouting everything I dif. Needless to say I was very careful with my words.

But because I coukdnt yesterday. ****KKKKKKKK YEEESSSSSS YOU ****ING BEAUTIFUL BOYS IN BLU!

bring it on watford. Time for pay back.

Me, my brother and my dad crowded round the radio, hanging onto every word, experiencing the dull pain and resignation of the first goal inside 3 minutes but the realisation that Blackpool were doing us a massive favour - Game On!.

Then the joy of the turning it around before HT, Bolton back in it with 2 quick goals, resignation again as we can't defend crosses 2-2, the agonising pain from 60-85 minutes, but Bolton still drawing, then the unthinkable happens, through the garbled shouts of Stringer and Youngy Knocky's put it in 3-2!!!

We're in delirium, shouting, jumping, shaking the room. Then the most agonising 5 minutes of my life, the ref keeps finding time, Schmeichel makes some key saves at the death, the whistle goes, first away win since 1972! The trees felled, but what about Bolton?

It's still 2-2, they're in stoppage, and then it's over, the whistle goes!!!!! The best afternoon of sport I've ever experienced!

Was in Manchester visiting my baby cousin: totally forgot it was a 12:45 kick off so was blissfully unaware of what was happening until about 10 minutes from time when I checked Foxes talk and saw the match thread.

From there on it that was my commentary and I jumped up when I realised Knockeart had scored - I ended up at the other end of the flat with the poor baby in tears when I realised that we had done it. Unbelievable Jeff.

Archived