Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

2000 Watford Fans/ Drowning Them Out

i think the fact we are underdogs (maybe not with the bookies) considering the fact they have done the double over us with lift the crowd a lot. We have nothing to lose.

I do expect an onslaught similar to that when watford almost scored 3 in 3 minutes, but i expect it to come from us. Don't think the foreign players will have the passion to compete, and i know our support will be far more upbeat than watford's.

This game will be far bigger than the cardiff match aswell, cannot remember the queuing as bad then as it was today.

Cannot wait!!

Amazing reading on the watford forum...

Going on about 'we have already beaten them twice this season' etc.

'We know we are a better side'.

'if we go one nil up leicester will crumble'.

You can tell from the comments like this they are a tin pot club. Barely any recognise the play-offs for what they are, a lottery. As for the comment about '1 nil and they will crumble'. We were 2-0 down on aggregate to cardiff with 80 mins left, and wouldv'e won had it not been for a penalty given for a foul on a player who was offside, let alone what we just did at players, i'm sure the players are so confident now they know they could even do a man city turn around.

I for one expect a tough game. But from a watford point of view, it will be interesting to see how they play without the physicality of deeney, wouldn't mind us starting with kane, wood and nuge, just like we finished in the home league game. Play the physical game against a large number of small players.

They may have played a leicester side who had only won 2 in 16 in the league, but as i have said before, a leicester play-off side is a totally different side, especially with our backing at home, score an early goal and they won't cope with us, the foreign players won't be used to our physicality.

We are full of confidence now and anything can happen over 2 legs. Watford are a very good side but might just feel a bit deflated after there loss to Leeds. Losing Deeney is a blow but they have some very good players who caused us alot of problems a few weeks ago. I predict a 2-1 win at home and a 1-1 draw at there place  :chant:

It's the completely wrong kind of atmosphere IMO. Give everyone a vuvuzela and you'll get an atmosphere as well. Nevermind, at least we know L and K will be up for this one

This.

I agree they worked a lot better than I thought, but I maintain even now that it really isn't the way to go about it. The club shouldn't practically dictate our support - they should let the fans get on with it, and I mean actually let them get on with it rather than be heavy handed on any new singing section etc...

I appreciate that they were trying to help but it all seemed a bit small-time.

This.

I agree they worked a lot better than I thought, but I maintain even now that it really isn't the way to go about it. The club shouldn't practically dictate our support - they should let the fans get on with it, and I mean actually let them get on with it rather than be heavy handed on any new singing section etc...

I appreciate that they were trying to help but it all seemed a bit small-time.

Yes but what do the fans actually do? The club probably look at us and think we need stirring into life so try to do something about it, which is more than we do. What effort does it take for us to take a newspaper in and pass it down the line to be ripped up for ticker tape, or bring an handfull of balloons, we talk about it and say 'what a good idea' then no one bothers and we moan about the atmosphere again. The clappers were a good idea and improved the atmosphere drowning Watford out for the majority of the game, we need to drown them out again. The club are trying to improve the atmosphere, lets surpass them for effort because not doing anything then moaning at the club for their efforts, well that's tin pot.

COME ON LEICESTER.

Watford fans are a joke as still tickets available out of 2000 allocation..........Total Allocation at the King Power Stadium: 2,000, around 650 were left at the end of business on Monday May 6.

Watford fans are a joke as still tickets available out of 2000 allocation..........Total Allocation at the King Power Stadium: 2,000, around 650 were left at the end

of business on Monday May 6.

Simples, where massive they ain't lol lol lol

First off, not here to catch any biters.

2000 is quite a lot for Watford fans, especially for a midweek game that will be on TV. Sure, it's the play offs...but that's how it is. Leicester is bigger, more fans, quite easy to fill up a 2k allocation we would give you and make up for those who would rather sit at home.

Can't say I'm ashamed we're taking a few days to fill up 2000.... I guess when you consider that we got 6000 at Man City and 3000 at Peterborough it's a bit steady, but we will sell out. As has been said, we're not usually big travellers.... 2000 is a lot for us and we're happy to fill it up.

Not sure what to make of the "shit Watford support" stuff. I was at the KP just a couple of weeks ago.... from where I was we more than matched you. After you got your goal we got nervous and you made quite a lot of noise, but over the 90 minutes I think we did a good job. Not going to make comparisons to other clubs who travel to your place, I wouldn't know... but I think we did ok. Besides.... you had clapperzelas  :P .

You can't fault Watford fans for being optimistic. As you know, we have beaten you twice this season, once not that long ago at all. We expect a tough game, as any team should expect when going away, especially in the play offs. But against the big teams, we have a good record. Doesn't make sense... but we have dreaded playing the likes of Barnsley, Peterborough, Millwall, Bristol City etc... because they dig deep and counter. Against teams like Leicester you play more into our hands the way you play. I'm sure you think likewise, the other way round.

We don't have Deeney for the first leg.... fortunately Almunia should be back so we don't have to rely on Bonham who did not have the best of debuts. Failing Almunia... Bond might be back too. Other than that, Fitz Hall might be back.

We play good football and got the better of you last time out. That doesn't mean we will this time... but it wouldn't be wrong for us to think we can repeat that. I'm sure you will try something different this time round... get Kane and Wood up front and we might struggle.

Predicted 2-1 last time.... this time I will go for 1-1. At our place who knows what will happen. I'm sure it will be close... no 3 or 4 - 0's... down to the wire.

Archived