Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Pearson: A Cruel End

Watford fans had it correct... we are a  HOOOOOOOOOOF ball team. They looked like could score at will much better side over 2 legs played better football than us.

Amyway dont care what happens next season too guttted at the minute to think that far ahead!! but we really should have been better this year!

going to drown my sorrows but at least the MEDIA love in of Zola and Poyett final is still on

Bollocks

So if someone has a differing opinion to you they are a disabled?  Glad you are happy with 2 wins in the final 16 games and being outplayed by Watford despite having a massive budget compared to the bulk of the division.

What has the rest of the division got to do with Leicester playing Watford?

We may pay more wages than Watford, but we haven't been given a bunch of players clearly too good for the Championship on the cheap. Watford should be beating sides like us with the team they have. We expected top 6 at the start of the season and that's what we've got, whilst also reducing the wage bill and bringing in a number of very talented young players who are only going to get better.

What do you mean stop looking at the past.  Those are the facts.  Why would it be any different next season?

Stop looking at past seasons and comparing it. The fact we got to the play offs with the lowest points ever means absolutely nothing. This year we were the 6th best team. Just because it might not have been the case last season, or the season before, or the season before that is irrelevant. All that matters is we got 6th THIS season and got into the play offs because of it THIS season. Yes we haven't been promoted. But a lot of people expected play offs, we got play offs and as we can see it is a lottery from there on in..

Fortunately there's nothing to suggest our owners will sack him. Dosn't matter what the local ****** think. They wanted O'Neil sacked aswell. They don't understand football.

I tend to agree with you and think that folk should get used to the idea. My only issue today is why didn't orders go out to cover the half why line and who takes the pen.

Well, yeah it is actually. He has took the club forward, again.

Really?  Where have we gone to that we were not there before?  What division will we be in next season?  How is 2 wins from the last 16 league ganes taking us forward?

Some people have a strange definition of forward momentum...

Really?  Where have we gone to that we were not there before?  What division will we be in next season?  How is 2 wins from the last 16 league ganes taking us forward?

1 bad run dosn't mean the club isn't moving forward.

When was the last time we finished higher than 6th under a manager that wasn't Nigel Pearson?

Anyway there's no point arguing, the owners arnt thick and they'll back Pearson for next season.

Ah right, coz the whole time counts doesn't it.

And by the way, resorting to insults only proves you've already lost the rational argument.

Good day

Why shouldn't the whole time count? 

Is there a rule that says a manager has to be judged on their last 3 months? Why not 3 games? 66%  - not bad!!

Or does your arbitrary criteria actually have some method to it?

Yes they were a strong league 1 club... how can you deny that? Yeah they may have finished 3 points behind us but only due to a good late run, they were never in contention all season and were closer the bottom to the top until April... People seem to have a soft spot for Powell just because he is a nice bloke and coached here, at the minute he has achieved nowhere near as much as Nigel...

Define strong team, Leicester went down and bounced straight back with a strong team Charlton finished 13th the season before promotion in League one.

The season is based over 46 games so its irrelevant to say they had a good late run, it would be interesting to see Charlton's weekly wage bill it its probably less than 3-4 Leicester players Beckord Nugent kasper and Kochesky.

To deny Powell has done a good job with players at his disposal is bizarre 

I think he has to go, he has done OK, but we really should have been challenging top two. If you use today as an example, most teams with a narrow lead would have flooded the midfield to limit there space, or given the way our center backs got opened up time and time again played 3 center backs. Take away the penalty and we ONE shot on target, and he waited for them to equalise and then made a negative sub taking off our main pacey outlet for DD... We lack experience at the back, I can see why he went with Schlupp, but Keane has struggled of late and gets knocked around too much, and he hasn't addressed this either with selections or signings, the same as the midfield lacks genuine creativity like Watford had, and Kane was another poor signing, is he better than Waggy? I don't doubt he signs some decent youngsters (not all have been success's though), but poor selections, tactics, subs and a track record of falling out with players means IMO we will never be better than decent with him in charge. This was a poor division and we only just snuck in, and to be honest got shown up for the very average, technically inadequate team we are, especially away from home.

Wouldn't be fussed if he left provided the Thais can bring in a better manager

This

Took the` keep him` bit off though, as i think he has took us as far as he could. A new (but experienced) manager could add to what Pearson has created

Define strong team, Leicester went down and bounced straight back with a strong team Charlton finished 13th the season before promotion in League one.

The season is based over 46 games so its irrelevant to say they had a good late run, it would be interesting to see Charlton's weekly wage bill it its probably less than 3-4 Leicester players Beckord Nugent kasper and Kochesky.

To deny Powell has done a good job with players at his disposal is bizarre 

They had just as strong a team as us, if not stronger. The previous manager (Parkinson) was a clueless oaf and is the reason they went down and stayed down. Exactly so by that logic we are better than them making NP better than CP? Why does money come into it, Powell signed 23 players in his first season spending a decent amount so to say that he has done well with limited resources is a fallacy. I think he has done a good job, where have I said otherwise. Just to replace a manager who has achieved less in very similar circumstances would be ridiculous.

We are in the same division next season, but we have moved forward 3/4 places, so obviously we have gone forward.

2 wins from 16 doesn't remove all the good work we did earlier in the season.

It's just a personal opinion, as everything is in football. Don't think there can be a 'definition'.

To have Kane on the pitch in this vital match just shows why NP can't be trusted for another season.  He hasn't built a good enough forward line.

I can't disagree.

How many of our strikers are good enough?

Nugent

Wood

Kane

Vardy

Beckford

Kane is going back to Tottenham, with Vardy and Beckford surely on their way out.

Serious realignment needed up front over the summer methinks.

This

Took the` keep him` bit off though, as i think he has took us as far as he could. A new (but experienced) manager could add to what Pearson has created

Alternatively a new manager could come in completely destroy what Pearson has done.  I was an advocate of Peter Taylor coming in after O'Neill left and it has taken has 10 years to recover from the damage he managed to do to the side.   Last thing we need is change for change sake.  

I can't disagree.

Nugent

Wood

Kane

Vardy

Beckford

Kane is going back to Tottenham, with Vardy and Beckford surely on their way out.

Agreement (or close) at last!  Would you keep NP?  Nail your colours to the mast!

I can't disagree.

Nugent

Wood

Kane

Vardy

Beckford

... And Waghorn.

I have faith in Nugent and Wood. That's it. We do need another quality striker, I'd go for Ebanks Blake.

3 full seasons, one title two top six finishes in which a penalty kick was the deciding factor on progression to the premier league. i wish all the people who come on here saying get rid, would also express an alternative!

stick with him, we have the makings of a very good team here, with a good blend of youth and experience, just feel we need a 'kevin nolan' type of midfielder and we will be a real force next year.

although i think the owners have done terrific things for our club, their initial statement of 'promotion in two years' has raised expectations to a ridiculous level amongst us supporters, and piled on the pressure on the players and management team

so i say stick with the current set up, our time will come. it might be next season, might be not. this is a really hard league to get out of,  im sure there are many fans of 'big' teams in the championship who feel they are the ones for promotion, but there are only three places avaliable with possibly a dozen teams fighting for them. 

be loud n proud and support our team through thick and thin, good times and bad :scarf:

Archived