Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Pearson: A Cruel End

Don't get why Pearson leaving has to mean wholesale changes. Bruce at Hull took Pearsons groundwork to the next level which Pearson has never in truth really looked like achieving.

The only thing in his favour is previous track record at scouting players on the cheap as this is what we're going to be doing now.

Don't get why Pearson leaving has to mean wholesale changes. Bruce at Hull took Pearsons groundwork to the next level which Pearson has never in truth really looked like achieving.

The only thing in his favour is previous track record at scouting players on the cheap as this is what we're going to be doing now.

Isn't that Walsh seniors job? I would keep him and ditch NP for a better manager.

Get rid and get someone in who knows what hes doing and lets start rebuilding.

He's had money - we have Vardy and useless lumps like Kane on loan

We were one kick away from Wembley and then one game away from the top flight.

Pearson is our best manager since Micky Adams. That is fact, not opinion. In his three seasons here, we have won League One and lost in two play off semi finals. Not bad really, eh?

Football beat Hoofball today. I know what I would rather watch.

I think you've hit the nail on the head mate and exactly what I've been saying/thinking for months.

Pearson's style is (and always has been) hoofball really, with a short spell this season when we started to really play some attractive football.

Kasper's long-kicks down to Wood (and last season to Beckford of all people!) are RIDICULOUS.. They more often than not give the ball straight back to the opposition, either by going into touch or into the opposing keeper's hands. Again, after about 55 minutes we started to do that this afternoon and lo and behold, Watford enjoyed far more possession.

This has to stop. We must get a team together that look comfortable on the ball and who don't just want to hoof the fookin thing forward as quickly as they can.

The problem is, I don't think Pearson has the confidence in himself or in his players to play this way.

Pearson is our best manager since Micky Adams. That is fact, not opinion. In his three seasons here, we have won League One and lost in two play off semi finals. Not bad really, eh?

That there says it all though.  Hardly the boast of the year is it.

It's all well and good wanting rid but be careful what you wish for, has moved on a hell of a lot of over paid players, so lets see what is planned for next season. The likes of De Laet, Knocky, Schlupp, James, Marshall, Moore and Drinkwater, Wood should come on stronger next season. These are young players lets see what the summer brings.

Totally agree with that....keep with Pearson

Sack him!!

Two years ago we lost in a playoff semi, we had a good young side built by NP - I'm convinced, had that side & manager stayed together, they'd have built on that and got even better. Instead Milan pushed out NP and several of those good young players and it took us 2/3 years to recover and build a new side - and that was only when NP returned. It would be absolutely criminal to make that same mistake again.

NP has built a talented young side and should be given the time to develop and hopefully augment it next season.

Who though? This is the thing that I've not seen ANYONE convincingly answer?

There are many good managers around. Gus Poyet for one, Holloway out performed us with a fraction of the budget, Chris Powell, Martin O'Neill, Di Matteo.  Those just off the top of my head. Before anyone quotes the Holloway bit I would not want him back but just saying.

That there says it all though.  Hardly the boast of the year is it.

I think what he's getting at is that for ten years we've appointed countless managers and that Nigel Pearson stands head and shoulders above all of our other appointments in that time. But right I'm sure this time we'd be getting the next Martin O'Neill, there's no reason to think that appointing a new manager wouldn't result in us walking the league. Sure no other manager in god knows how long has been capable of getting us in to the play-offs, but we'll surely get lucky this time. Why not throw away the best manager we've had for years?

No, they've remembered ALL of his time at lcfc you moron

Ah right, coz the whole time counts doesn't it.

And by the way, resorting to insults only proves you've already lost the rational argument.

Good day

There are many good managers around. Gus Poyet for one, Holloway out performed us with a fraction of the budget, Chris Powell, Martin O'Neill, Di Matteo.  Those just off the top of my head. Before anyone quotes the Holloway bit I would not ant him back but just saying.

Powell is the only realistic shout there and I don't think he'd leave Charlton

Archived