Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Pearson: A Cruel End

He can go do one - have people forgotten the last 3rd of the season FFS

Course not, but have you forgotten the past decade... the 7 years of it that Pearson hasn't been in charge, from comparative 'achievers' in Scotland, to worthwhile but not good enough understudies, to experienced heads to the next big thing, to the professional con man... to all these people & there was very many of them.... mid-table was the absolute best it got.

Rebuilding is half done

He's got rid of over 30 players, there's a few more being paid a king's ransom still to go & hopefully we can use the savings to fill in the development areas of this team so that we don't fade away

There are many good managers around. Gus Poyet for one, Holloway out performed us with a fraction of the budget, Chris Powell, Martin O'Neill, Di Matteo.  Those just off the top of my head. Before anyone quotes the Holloway bit I would not ant him back but just saying.

Martin O'Neil will not come to us

Gus Poyet is currently very much employed so is out.

Chris Powell is unproven, I wouldn't really be thrilled with him but it might be interesting.

Holloway has done well in hindsight. Do you want him back here? Yes or no?

Di Matteo I'd be happy with. 

Ah right, coz the whole time counts doesn't it.

And by the way, resorting to insults only proves you've already lost the rational argument.

Good day

Well. Yes it does. How is it rational to only consider what happened at the end of the season? We still made the play offs anyway!

There are many good managers around. Gus Poyet for one, Holloway out performed us with a fraction of the budget, Chris Powell, Martin O'Neill, Di Matteo.  Those just off the top of my head. Before anyone quotes the Holloway bit I would not ant him back but just saying.

Poyet = Achieved no more than Nigel in reaching a play off, what makes him better?

Powell = Took a strong Charlton up and finished mid table, wow!

O Neill = Said on many occasions he would never go back and found out at Sunderland.

Di Mateo = Leaves the champions league winners and would come here? The amount of offers he has probably turned down around Europe and in the mix for Everton job.

Keeping the players is more relevant.Decent group with the right management and tactics

I've got no idea what you mean.  Keep Konchesky - I hope not.  Dyer is too unpredictable. Waghorn, Vardy, Futacs, Marshall, SSL, Whitbread all not good enough.  What you mean by "decent" I don't know.

I think what he's getting at is that for ten years we've appointed countless managers and that Nigel Pearson stands head and shoulders above all of our other appointments in that time. But right I'm sure this time we'd be getting the next Martin O'Neill, there's no reason to think that appointing a new manager wouldn't result in us walking the league. Sure no other manager in god knows how long has been capable of getting us in to the play-offs, but we'll surely get lucky this time. Why not throw away the best manager we've had for years?

I look at it a different way.  Because we have had so many shite managers over the last 10 years, the best he could come up with was Micky ****ing Adams.  If he isn't even as good as Adams then he would be nothing more than a bang average manager who has failed in his remit to get promoted.  He has fallen out with countless players and failed to stop a massive rot in Feb/March/April.  68 points ordinarily would have got us no where near the top 6. 

2 wins from the final 16 games.  If that had been the start of the season he would have been sacked after a dozen.

Keep him, it will be difficult for any other manager to pick these players up now.

And people saying Pearson's tactics is hoofball, what a load of rubbish that is. Watford are a good passing side, probably the best in the division, we seen it when they beat us at the KP a couple of weeks ago, we seen it today at times. I wouldn't class us as a hoofballing team at all, didn't anybody see the good interchange in passing, between King, Knockaert, James today, the good running of the channels by Dyer and Nugent, Wood despite not playing that well again, held the ball up better popping it off to oncoming midfielders, we played good football at times today, sometimes you have to result in hoof ball, Schlupp especially played a lot of it early on which annoyed me, but when we were able to get the ball on the floor especially first half we were good. Only time I got worried was from 80 minutes onwards when they were all over us.

We didn't result to hoofball when we beat the likes of Huddersfield and Ipswich by six goals, and other results but with less exciting scorelines. If you want to see better passing, start it from the back, get in a centre back who likes to bring the ball out of defence, get in two good passing midfielders to help and give James and King competition.

The reason why Watford are good at passing, because they allow their wing backs to get forward, while Abdi and co's movement is far better as they are more attacking minded midfielders, get in players to play a more attacking midfield role, we will look better in my opinion. 

It's a cruel game and today was a somewhat cruel end to our promotion hopes.

Still, I do believe that this experience will make everybody stronger in the long run. This team needs to stay intact, needs another season with a few quality additions here and there and I'm sure we're off to a rocker.

Yes, it is disappointing and it hurts. But if we break up this nucleus again, if we fondle with stability again, we will achieve nothing in the next few years.

Only repeated misery, repeated heartbreak, mediocrity, bad slumps and the threat of complete collapse.

Financially, we need to turn the ship around - Financial Fairplay looms above our heads.

Let's make the best out of it - onwards and upwards.

The only way is Pearson. And with him, this squad.

I look at it a different way.  Because we have had so many shite managers over the last 10 years, the best he could come up with was Micky ****ing Adams.  If he isn't even as good as Adams then he would be nothing more than a bang average manager who has failed in his remit to get promoted.  He has fallen out with countless players and failed to stop a massive rot in Feb/March/April.  68 points ordinarily would have got us no where near the top 6. 

2 wins from the final 16 games.  If that had been the start of the season he would have been sacked after a dozen.

Stop looking at the past. The reality is we got in the play offs this season and were the six best team OVER THE WHOLE SEASON. Just like people saying our form first half of the season would have got us the automatic spot, people saying the second half of the season form would have got us relegated are just being ignorant. It is a 46 game season for a reason. We weren't consistent enough but still had a chance to go up!

Pearson in, he can build on this team and we can get automatics next season

Poyet = Achieved no more than Nigel in reaching a play off, what makes him better?

O Neill = Said on many occasions he would never go back and found out at Sunderland.

Di Mateo = Leaves the champions league winners and would come here? The amount of offers he has probably turned down around Europe and in the mix for Everton job.

Firstly they were just a few names off the top of my head. Secondly what you have posted has absolutely no fact to it.  How would you know whether or not someone would come to manage us for the right wages?

Stop looking at the past. The reality is we got in the play offs this season and were the six best team OVER THE WHOLE SEASON. Just like people saying our form first half of the season would have got us the automatic spot, people saying the second half of the season form would have got us relegated are just being ignorant. It is a 46 game season for a reason. We weren't consistent enough but still had a chance to go up!

Pearson in, he can build on this team and we can get automatics next season

What do you mean stop looking at the past.  Those are the facts.  Why would it be any different next season?

I would not include vardy waghorn(row x)knoch probably past his best but this is a good group as they have shown over the last few game with a bit of freedom needing a result.Id take deeney/vydra up front though very expensive no doubt.We had a good chance to progresss today

Fortunately there's nothing to suggest our owners will sack him. Dosn't matter what the local ****** think. They wanted O'Neil sacked aswell. They don't understand football.

So if someone has a differing opinion to you they are a disabled?  Glad you are happy with 2 wins in the final 16 games and being outplayed by Watford despite having a massive budget compared to the bulk of the division.

Firstly they were just a few names off the top of my head. Secondly what you have posted has absolutely no fact to it.  How would you know whether or not someone would come to manage us for the right wages?

Ah the old throw money at them tactic, wait haven't we tried that before? Seriously if people can't see the progression made this season to last then their judgement is seriously clouded by personal hatred of the manager. We have a better, younger, more talented squad and a manager who clearly is building a side not just for the here and now but for the future.

If Pearson goes in the summer I will happily wager that LCFC will not get anywhere near promotion next year.

So if someone has a differing opinion to you they are a disabled?  Glad you are happy with 2 wins in the final 16 games and being outplayed by Watford despite having a massive budget compared to the bulk of the division.

I like this guy!! :pearson:

Ah the old throw money at them tactic, wait haven't we tried that before? Seriously if people can't see the progression made this season to last then their judgement is seriously clouded by personal hatred of the manager. We have a better, younger, more talented squad and a manager who clearly is building a side not just for the here and now but for the future.

If Pearson goes in the summer I will happily wager that LCFC will not get anywhere near promotion next year.

define, 'anywhere near promotion' and the wager....im interested!!

Strong Charlton? Hmmm on paper that would make Leicester world beaters then.. As for mid table they finished 3 points behind us 

Yes they were a strong league 1 club... how can you deny that? Yeah they may have finished 3 points behind us but only due to a good late run, they were never in contention all season and were closer the bottom to the top until April... People seem to have a soft spot for Powell just because he is a nice bloke and coached here, at the minute he has achieved nowhere near as much as Nigel...

Archived