Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MJ27

What has Ian Stringer done now?!

Would you want to speak to the news reporter who gets on your nerves after losing the play off semi final?

Only if the fans of the club i manage are important to me .... the easiest quickest and most direct route he has to access them and say "Thanks guys you were amazing, we gave it our all, and we did it for you. We'll be here next season doing the same, I hope you are too, we need you"

You know .... the kind of stuff a manager that engages with his fans says.

Did you notice SAF kept referring to the UTD fans as "his" fans in his interviews at the weekend. He's part of that team so are they. 

Unlike NP who locks out supporters with his attitude towards the media closest linked to them.

Like the one when he allegedly head butted Matt Mills on the training ground or the the time he allegedly found beckford and danns spit roasting his mrs whilst dressed as bloody badgers or was it the one where it's alledged he's actually only a defensive coach and has been over promoted

Oh FFS, please close this thread before more stupid rumours get started.

As much as I am a Pearsonite I have full respect for Stringer Pearson comes across very stubborn sometimes should take a leaf from Sir Alex Fergusons book and see how he handled the Rooney questioning from the media yesterday

Pearson didn't like the line of questioning post Watford league match.

To be fair. Questioning Pearson about his future and if he could "take Leicester any further" when the season hadn't finished and it was still to play for was the wrong thing to do.

I don't think its the sentiment behind Stringers questions that are the problem, but the way he asks them. He always asks in a way that appears to put words into the interviewee's mouth, almost like he's making a statement of opinion and asking Pearson to agree with it, and then persists to carry on pushing for an answer he blatantly isn't going to get. The questions he asked after the Watford league game had me cringing because its almost like he set them up to get a rise of out Pearson. In my opinion he's his own worst enemy. 

There was a degree of relish in the questions Stringer was asking post Watford but, and it is a big but, they were all perfectly valid and simply reflected many of the opinons expressed by callers, texters and folks on message boards.

Stringer isn't always the best interviewer but post Watford he was actually doing a half decent job. In all honesty we aren't missing much by Pearson boycotting the station as the man always says the square root of **** all anyway.

Stringer is a complete idiot really. I would love it if he was sacked.

Stringer is basically one of those people who puts his own ego before doing his job. A local radio presenter shouldn't be grilling the manager with stupid questions about his ability to do the job.

It results in poor old Nige having to give standard "no comment" style answers to basically all his questions, this robs the listeners of any worthwhile information. It also leads to the assumption that Nige is incapable of handling the media which isn't really true, in fact his interviews with sky are always much more enjoyable.

Hadn't thought of it like this, but actually I think you're spot on. Find Stringer and his commentary unlistenable-and fan or not, if you're asking questions that won't get answered, you're no kind of journalist. MON wouldn't have stood for it, and Big Jock would've twatted him by now.

As much as I am a Pearsonite I have full respect for Stringer Pearson comes across very stubborn sometimes should take a leaf from Sir Alex Fergusons book and see how he handled the Rooney questioning from the media yesterday

Put 'Ferguson interview' into YouTube. I realise it's a national love-in where we all pretend he wasn't a **** for 26 years, but to say he was a good interview is pushing it. It's bloody easy to evade questions about next season when you've retired...

The problem is Stringer is arrogant. Pushing it too far and asking what he likes. With experience he'll realise asking questions like "is your job under threat" after every single match for 20 games isn't going to win any journalism awards or any sort of relationship with the man he has to interview for his job!

There's a fine line between getting the public an answer and ruining your relationship with the football club. Nearly cost him his job last time

Thats crap.

Stringer has a job to do,and his job is to ask questions that he thinks fans would like to ask.

After the Watford game in the league, most fans thought the season was over, and after 2 wins in 16 games  he asked some difficult questions that many fans wanted to know the answer too.

Stringer had the bottle to ask those questions, if he hadn`t done,he wouldn`t have been doing his job.

It just shows the arrogance of Pearson, that he has got such a strop on, and gives some insight into his character.

Basically Stringer has pissed him off, so like any player who pisses him off, he is ignored by Pearson.

Can't believe some people who want Stringer sacked!, people forget some journalists have families. Football managers are okay if there sacked, they get huge payoffs and guaranteed another job soon, but any other job you've had it! 

He had a family, then decided the apprentice is more important

Hadn't thought of it like this, but actually I think you're spot on. Find Stringer and his commentary unlistenable-and fan or not, if you're asking questions that won't get answered, you're no kind of journalist. MON wouldn't have stood for it, and Big Jock would've twatted him by now.

No the complete opposite is true,

If you are afraid to ask the difficult questions, that you know the interviewee will not like to be pushed on, you should not be a journalist.

Stringer is a complete idiot really. I would love it if he was sacked.

Stringer is basically one of those people who puts his own ego before doing his job. A local radio presenter shouldn't be grilling the manager with stupid questions about his ability to do the job.

It results in poor old Nige having to give standard "no comment" style answers to basically all his questions, this robs the listeners of any worthwhile information. It also leads to the assumption that Nige is incapable of handling the media which isn't really true, in fact his interviews with sky are always much more enjoyable.

Pearson is the one with the big ego! Stringer was just doing his job.

Spot on.

You listen to his interviews and it's clear Pearson's not going to answer a question with his initial response (and after working together this long Stringer should have learnt how best to interview him) but Stringer pushes the issue to the point he pisses Pearson off. He seems to be under the impression that he has this great responsibility to push Pearson and get to the bottom of everything but he doesn't. What he has is a responsibility to build a relationship with the Leicester City manager (where they both know where they stand) so that they may establish a good working relationship in order to produce interviews for their audience. This is not afterall a democratically elected politician that he is interviewing.

For example...

Why do we as fans have a right to know who Pearson's looking to sign before he has done? We don't, yet guaranteed any hint of a story and Stringer will ask him before getting the inevitable refusal to engage with it. I know it just from listening so why can't Stringer learn this lesson too?

It's embarassing and baffling whereby a reporter will openly and publicly admit that one of the most important people he works with doesn't like him and won't work with him. And yet he claims to have no idea why...

Yes he does. His job is to do exactly that. 

To ask the things the fan in the street would want answering, and to push for an answer.

Thats crap.

Stringer has a job to do,and his job is to ask questions that he thinks fans would like to ask.

After the Watford game in the league, most fans thought the season was over, and after 2 wins in 16 games  he asked some difficult questions that many fans wanted to know the answer too.

Stringer had the bottle to ask those questions, if he hadn`t done,he wouldn`t have been doing his job.

It just shows the arrogance of Pearson, that he has got such a strop on, and gives some insight into his character.

Basically Stringer has pissed him off, so like any player who pisses him off, he is ignored by Pearson.

It's "crap" journalism to continue to ask the same question when he knows the reply will be "i dont know". 

You honestly think asking the same question for about 15 games was good to listen to? The Watford post match interview made me cringe. He basically asked that question 3 or 4 times, do you think your job is under threat? you can see why it might be? etc etc. It was embarrassing. 

Pearson is professional in his interviews. Win, lose or draw he doesn't get carried away. Some people see this as "boring" or "passionless" but it is simply a case of being professional imo.

I for the record like his commentary and think its great to have a bit of passion compared to otherlocal radio, but there is no doubt he has a hell of a lot to learn and his ego could be the end of him like it has been in the past.

Yes he does. His job is to do exactly that.

To ask the things the fan in the street would want answering, and to push for an answer.

What if the fan in the street is a ****ing idiot?

No the complete opposite is true,

If you are afraid to ask the difficult questions, that you know the interviewee will not like to be pushed on, you should not be a journalist.

No, you're twisting that. Difficult questions are fine. 'Are we going up', 'what will you do to improve after this performance', 'would you have done things differently in retrospect', 'are the Thais happy' are fine.

'Have you taken this team as far as you can?' is just stupid. Two possible outcomes: 'Yes Ian, I have. You've pierced me with your intellectual interrogation, and I suddenly realise there's nothing more I can do. I resign.' Or infinitely more likely: 'Sod off Ian you persistent sand in my jockstrap. Obviously I think there's more I can do, or I wouldn't be here. Aren't there any primary school kids with questions that might engage me, thus giving the fans some kind of insight to my psyche/strategy/approach that have not yet been revealed?'

:D

Bourne seems like a pushover to me, he'd make a great manager. I mean, we'd get relegated but at least he wouldn't fall out with the players.

Wha? Have you watched any of the Die Hards? He's a ****ing basket-case. Him and Mike Banning would make a tough as nails duo in the dug-out. 

Actually - let's do that. Where's hiring real people got us of late?

Wha? Have you watched any of the Die Hards? He's a ****ing basket-case. Him and Mike Banning would make a tough as nails duo in the dug-out.

Actually - let's do that. Where's hiring real people got us of late?

I'm in. I think we should hire Marcellus Wallace though:

"Paul, this world is full to the brim with unrealistic mother-lovers. Mother-lovers who think their ass is going to age like wine. If you mean it turns to vinegar, it does. If you mean it gets better with age, it don't You got one, maybe two good fights in you, and that's it. If you were going to make it, you would've made it by now...'

"You hear me talking, commentator-boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'm gonna get medieval on your ass..."

Archived