Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MJ27

What has Ian Stringer done now?!

He survived a year and a half with Pearson, but it seems their relationship has gone now!

Anyone know why?

Source:

From the Football Forum - Ian Stringer: "Pearson is talking to all the major TV companies and other local media, just not me!"

Did I recall someone saying in the phone in, Stringer didn't like Pearson and Stringer didn't respond to that. Later he did say Nigel was a good manager, but he didn't say if he liked him personally or not, maybe somethings gone on behind the scenes I don't know?

Well purely from listening on the radio I don't know why Pearson would have a problem with Stringer. I think Stringer's interviews are always fair, friendly and pretty relaxed. He's hardly Paxman is he! Very strange. 

One thing I do worry about with Pearson is his seeming ability to fall out with anyone and hold grudges (see Danns)

Can any of you cast your minds back to the interview he did with Kyle Naughton? "What would you do if you weren't a footballer, as Sheffield is city with limited opportunities" he basically called Naughton thick and said Sheffield is a shit hole with no opportunities. To the point where Naughton actually said "it's not as bad as you make out"............

I didn't know until I read this thread that their relationship was fractured :whistle: Stringer, however well intentioned , is as annoying as the current crop of Apprentice wannabes! Maybe if he'd  had a fashion question ice breaker then NP could have warmed to him....." Well Nigel did you notice the woman just behind the dugout wearing the lilac sweater?" " oh nice trainers by the way!" " back to football, where do you feel this result leaves you as far as your job's concerned?" He's certainly no  Bernstein or Woodward!

Anyone listen to the last interview Stringer did with Pearson, Watford at home? He was asking him 'Do you think you have taken this team as far as you can' and related questions. Might be a reason as to why he is not giving interviews to Stringer. 

Anyone listen to the last interview Stringer did with Pearson, Watford at home? He was asking him 'Do you think you have taken this team as far as you can' and related questions. Might be a reason as to why he is not giving interviews to Stringer. 

Surely Pearson is man enough to withstand questions like that? Isn't that part of his job?

Stringer is only doing his job- holding Pearson (and the team) accountable on behalf of the fans

Surely Pearson is man enough to withstand questions like that? Isn't that part of his job?

Stringer is only doing his job- holding Pearson (and the team) accountable on behalf of the fans

But to be fair asking if you've taken a team as far as you can before or after that first leg is a fvcking stupid question. I don't expect him to be a sycophant but it's not a direction of questioning many 'journalists' would have taken. It's not the first time either.

But to be fair asking if you've taken a team as far as you can before or after that first leg is a fvcking stupid question. I don't expect him to be a sycophant but it's not a direction of questioning many 'journalists' would have taken. It's not the first time either.

When did he actually say it? Wasn't after Forest was it? 

It was the Watford home game in the league. Pearson didn't like his questions after the game, hasn't spoken to him since.

Was this I think, to be fair Stringer asked some stupid silly questions that night so Im not surprised, All Stringers cares about is his social media followers.

Archived