Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MJ27

What has Ian Stringer done now?!

No one whatsoever. People may disagree they may agree. I just don't need to be belittled by anyone. Gave my opinion out and was told I made a ridiculous point.

I guess some people are never happy unless they've got something to moan about.

It is a ridiculous point... whether any of us can do the job better has bugger all to do with anything.

I stick with my original point.

It's the fans who want information from Pearson, not Stringer himself. He's the middle man.

If Pearson chooses to childishly swerve Stringer, he's swerving the fans too. Like he did earlier in the season.

He needs to get over his feelings toward Stringer and just answer the fookin questions. Maybe even have a bit of banter with him (not like King Fox's though!) and just get on with it.

This 'feud' or whatever you want to call it is ridiculous IMO and is stopping me, as a City fan, getting answers to questions.

Disagree... given that we have currently only sold 4k season tickets and there are lots of non renewals happening.... I know there are many reasons for this but a local football club needs have good relations with its local radio station, if you think that is not the case then fair enough but that is naivie as all clubs need good PR

The season is over, Pearson would not need to speak to Radio Leicester again until pre season. Him not talking to some tin pot reporter for two games is not going to alter someone buying a season ticket or not is it really.

Disagree... given that we have currently only sold 4k season tickets and there are lots of non renewals happening.... I know there are many reasons for this but a local football club needs have good relations with its local radio station, if you think that is not the case then fair enough but that is naivie as all clubs need good PR

Overall I think the club has very good PR, If anyone does not buy an ST due to any 'fall-out' with Stringer then quite frankly they need their head looking at!

Holloway had fantastic PR skills, his witty quips got less funny the further down the table we drifted though? - point being, in my opinion the manager's relationship with specific media outlets (local or other) should be the least of fans' concerns, personally I find NP's 'no-nonsense' approach quite appealing, also I find Ian Stringer to be quite annoying.

I stick with my original point.

It's the fans who want information from Pearson, not Stringer himself. He's the middle man.

If Pearson chooses to childishly swerve Stringer, he's swerving the fans too. Like he did earlier in the season.

He needs to get over his feelings toward Stringer and just answer the fookin questions. Maybe even have a bit of banter with him (not like King Fox's though!) and just get on with it.

This 'feud' or whatever you want to call it is ridiculous IMO and is stopping me, as a City fan, getting answers to questions.

Not being funny Col, but when has Radio Leicester ever got anything decent out of any manager? National outlets and Leicester Mercury are a far more valuable source for information than RL has ever been.

Not being funny Col, but when has Radio Leicester ever got anything decent out of any manager? National outlets and Leicester Mercury are a far more valuable source for information than RL has ever been.

I can't answer that mate to be honest. I rarely used to listen to City games on the radio cos I was at most of them.

Listening to Stringer and Pearson reminds me of one or two ding-dings I've had with birds... lol

And that ain't an healthy way of going about reporting/interviewing OR coming across to the fans via this form of media.

Good reporter, decent commentator, piss-poor interviewer and that's that. How has IS not developed his interviews to compromise with NP a bit more after all this time? I don't think he's learnt much. Given that Nigel's partial to the odd headbutt apparently, I'm surprised Ian didn't get the full Matt Mills working over after that Watford home league interview.

I happen to like NP's interviewee style a lot. Cards close to chest, never tempted to pander to stupid questions or provide a shallow sound bite or cliche. Unfortunately for him a lot of the moronic Churchill nodding dogs out there interpret this as arrogance or boringness.

Not so long ago, managers and players were falling over themselves to go on to the football phone in.

Stringer made the point that Radio Leicester asked several times this season for club reps to appear but all requests have been rebuffed.

Who's fault is that? And consider when Stringer interviews Shakey and other players? Their relationship always seems really good and he does a good job. Why don't they have a problem with him too?

For me, it's Pearson's attitude that's at fault - Hoos, Mills, Danns, Beckford, St Ledger... and Stringer. There's a pattern emerging don't you think?!

Overall I think the club has very good PR, If anyone does not buy an ST due to any 'fall-out' with Stringer then quite frankly they need their head looking at!

Holloway had fantastic PR skills, his witty quips got less funny the further down the table we drifted though? - point being, in my opinion the manager's relationship with specific media outlets (local or other) should be the least of fans' concerns, personally I find NP's 'no-nonsense' approach quite appealing, also I find Ian Stringer to be quite annoying.

Jesus... not saying that all I am saying that at a time when we have not achieved our collective goals then good PR is vital

It is a ridiculous point... whether any of us can do the job better has bugger all to do with anything.

Well not the point which I was alluding to. Many people are quick to slate the man when they couldn't do a better job themselves, regardless of training etc.

I don't slate you at the job that you do, simply because I couldn't do it better myself. So what's the difference?

I don't slate you at the job that you do, simply because I couldn't do it better myself. So what's the difference?

So you have never once moaned at a player I presume?

For me, it's Pearson's attitude that's at fault - Hoos, Mills, Danns, Beckford, St Ledger... and Stringer. There's a pattern emerging don't you think?!

That you believe everything you read on football forums rather than going from the facts at hand?

I'd say that Pearson is the sort of bloke you would want in your corner and Stringer would be the sort of tit who would be 11th pick in a five a-side game. Pearson figured out early on in his first spell that Stringer is a fool, and Stringer knows it. I will say his commentaries are getting better and he does appear to love the club, doesn't mean he's not a twonk though. As for Stringer asking great questions..........really he makes Gabby Logan look like David Frost.

It's a shame because I for the most part enjoy Stringers commentary and it is good to have a LCFC fan in that position. However the way he handles his questions and doesn't consider the potential repercussions is poor. So like others have said we should just use Bourne or someone to question Nige and let Stringer focus on his commentating. 

Bored. So got drawn into this spat. Never met Ian Stringer. Seems like a decent, ordinary bloke. Raises more money for charity than 99% of people on here. Probably pays his taxes and lives a decent life. Good for him. Admire his enthusiasm for our club. But he works for a local radio station. He probably isn't the best interviewer, (for that, he would probably have to stop talking and allow his subject to get a word in before he answers his own questions). If you want to listen to better quality, the bigger stations probably pay more and probably have more experienced journo's. Take his interviews for what they are.  Never met Nigel Pearson. Seems like a decent, ordinary bloke. Probably pays his taxes and lives a decent life. Good for him. Admire his enthusiasm for our club. But he works for in the entertainment sector. He probably isn't the best interviewee, (for that, he would probably have to start talking more freely and not allow his interviewer to waffle on and answer his own questions). Strongly suspect, as someone said earlier, that he's an awkward bugger who maybe feels the world is out to get him. But as our 'leader', he needs to positively define his relationship with the media, not allow them to do so.

Guest BlueBrett

Stinger has every right to ask NP difficult questions and Pearson shouldn't be surprised that he is always after some kind of 'exclusive' insight.  I think he should work on his questioning style though.  The way he rambles on and inserts about 30 clauses into every sentence makes him seem tentative, almost as if he feels like he is being a naughty boy by asking. This naturally invites NP to be defensive or clam up.  They should both just be professional about it though really. I mean for god sake all the have to do is talk about football - it really shouldn't be that difficult.

I can't answer that mate to be honest. I rarely used to listen to City games on the radio cos I was at most of them.

Listening to Stringer and Pearson reminds me of one or two ding-dings I've had with birds... lol

And that ain't an healthy way of going about reporting/interviewing OR coming across to the fans via this form of media.

Were you playing the role of Stringer or Pearson in those exchanges? Haha. I wouldn't want to go out with a bird who had the same personality as Pearson. Headbutts all round!

I recall that there was some tension last year by Stringer using Twitter to broadcast information about players' injuries and that NP felt that this was detrimental to the club and that such insider knowledge should not have been disclosed.

Stringer definitely went too far after the Watford home defeat by practically inviting him to resign - wrong time after an emotive match and not even the end of the season at that stage.  I know it is a fine line between showing respect to an interviewee and asking the hard questions but I feel Stringer made an error of judgement.

Perhaps they will kiss and make up before next season.

They probably will make up, because they have to, but I bet it won't be before the start of next season if Pearson's still in charge. I doubt anyone official will be on Radio Leicester over the summer.

I'm quite glad Pearson's been refusing to talk to Stringer recently. Their duals were starting to become very uncomfortable to listen to.

They fell out during Pearson's first tenure here, he reluctantly agreed to bury the hatchet upon his return here. Stringer pushes him & quite often asks him questions that are out of order. He doesn't do the same to Shakey, but then again Shakey is very forthcoming and honest in interviews with Stringer. It works both ways

I think they're both at fault, but also think they are both the right people for their respective jobs. To be honest, I'd rather worry about Pearson as a football manager as opposed to how friendly he is interviews. It doesn't matter to me at all. In terms of Stringer, his commentary is excellent. He's very good

You're right there is a pattern, everyone he's fallen out with are prats.

Archived