Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MJ27

What has Ian Stringer done now?!

Fell out with Hoos, Stringer, Beckford, Mills. Not the others. Had good reasons as well.

Yup.

Although not convinced on Beckford, always seemed to have a good laugh on the touchline, plenty of arse slapping & back patting etc, until Beckford said he wanted to leave if he wasn't starting... and then he obviously left.

Mainly fell out with Hoos & Mills, with very good reason of course & the obvious weird stilted relationship with Stringer.

Beckford tried to join Hudds transfer deadline day behind Pearson's back. Pearson found out late on and pulled the plug. Hence the 'players will leave when I decide they can leave' comment shortly afterwards. Beckford was a real dick to Pearson

Beckford tried to join Hudds transfer deadline day behind Pearson's back. Pearson found out late on and pulled the plug. Hence the 'players will leave when I decide they can leave' comment shortly afterwards. Beckford was a real dick to Pearson

How would one achieve this?

They probably will make up, because they have to, but I bet it won't be before the start of next season if Pearson's still in charge. I doubt anyone official will be on Radio Leicester over the summer.

They don't have to make up, they could quite easily appoint someone else apart from Stringer, hes like a 10 year old at times.

You've obviously got an axe to grind with regards to Pearson, but Stringer is an objectively bad journalist, there's no two ways about it. I've trained and worked as a journalist and I know many other people who have as well and they're all of the same opinion as me. We agree that Pearson would be a nightmare to interview and could handle him better, but Stringer's thoughtless and tactless approach is getting him nowhere and consequently it's the fans who are suffering. He's an amateur, and it shows through and through and if you think Pearson's the only one who won't put up with him, you're wrong and this will keep happening regardless of who's managing the club.

THere's your point though .... he can't handle Stringer and yet Stringer is an amateur ..... he should be very simple to deal with ..... Big Nige is far too easily wounded by criticism. He's weak and exerts his power by being aggressive. He bullies stringer because he doesn't know how to take criticism and lacks the wit to make Stringer look stupid.

Tell me more

The same Fergie who refused to speak to the BBC for years?

Yes that's right .....

And won however many league titles, cups and champions league. When you've done that you can decide if you speak to a media outlet ..... When you've achieved nothing and missed your target for the season probably best to speak to the local media to help keep your job.

As I mentioned elsewhere, had we finished second people wouldn't give a shit whether Pearson was difficult or not. Mick Mcarthy is as difficult as Pearson, yet I think many of those moaning about Pearsons interview style have also mentioned having him as manager!

I don't want MM .... but I don't agree he's the same as NP .... MM is actually quite funny - he's very dry and quite witty. 

started his interview with NP by saying "welcome to the booth of doom" and NP had a go at him for saying it.

I think quotes like this day say a lot more than posters opinions, I recall one post match, after another defeat, when Stringer asked what his employment options are like....

I agree .... I cringed at those interviews...... Stringer is a plank .... but NP should be handle a witless plank with ease.

Again, it's not the manager alienating the local radio station, it's the local radio station alienating the manager and the club. It's Radio Leicester's job to provide a conduit between the club and the fans, and if they choose to employ the wrong man for the job, who isn't able to properly manage the relationship between the club and the station, then they've failed in their job.

The manager of Leicester City's job is to manage Leicester City. It's not to deal with idiots in local radio who don't know what they're doing. He manages to communicate with the fans via the Leicester Mercury and various other media outlets professionally and without any problems, but surprise surprise, he seems to have a problem with the untrained journalist who has no idea how to conduct an interview. I wonder why?

If your subject is someone who doesn't suffer fools gladly, why send in a fool?

I like that!!!

Yes that's right .....

And won however many league titles, cups and champions league. When you've done that you can decide if you speak to a media outlet ..... When you've achieved nothing and missed your target for the season probably best to speak to the local media to help keep your job.

So why did you bring Fergie up if you're now admitting that there is no worthwhile comparison between the two?

Yes that's right .....

Speaking to Stringer will have no consequence on his job whatsoever will it really. The owners aren't going to get rid because he won't speak to some tin pot reporter.

THere's your point though .... he can't handle Stringer and yet Stringer is an amateur ..... he should be very simple to deal with ..... Big Nige is far too easily wounded by criticism. He's weak and exerts his power by being aggressive. He bullies stringer because he doesn't know how to take criticism and lacks the wit to make Stringer look stupid.

Pearson is fine with the guys from Sky, it is literally just Stringer the minor irritant he hates dealing with, and clearly plenty of people understand why.

So why did you bring Fergie up if you're now admitting that there is no worthwhile comparison between the two?

I was contrasting them and saying they were the opposite ..... There is no comparison ..... they are unlike each other. Understand now?

Speaking to Stringer will have no consequence on his job whatsoever will it really. The owners aren't going to get rid because he won't speak to some tin pot reporter.

The odd thing is that when you fire someone it's often not for the big stuff they did wrong but a minor thing that just irritates you and you think enough is enough ... this guy causes me problems everywhere, he can't even do xxx.

Having a great rapport with the fans, the vast majority will only ever have that rapport through the radio, is a pretty big deal for someone selling an entertainment destination too.

Pearson is fine with the guys from Sky, it is literally just Stringer the minor irritant he hates dealing with, and clearly plenty of people understand why.

Hey I agree, stringer's a plank ..... NP would be better to come out and say to him, look I'm going to address the fans via your mike, but please don't ask me the stupid questions. 

I was contrasting them and saying they were the opposite ..... There is no comparison ..... they are unlike each other. Understand now?

But they're not the opposite in the way you were saying, both of them have had fall outs with certain sections of the media.

You tried to make out Fergie was better because he dealt with the media better but that simply isn't the case.

The odd thing is that when you fire someone it's often not for the big stuff they did wrong but a minor thing that just irritates you and you think enough is enough ... this guy causes me problems everywhere, he can't even do xxx.

lol what a load of rubbish.

If he's sacked it's because he didn't get us promoted, not because he fell out with Stringer.

As with the majority of people who have appeared on 'that' programme it's 90% ego & 10% talent.

I'm by no means saying Stringer is all bad but he would be much better if he realised it's not about

Scoring cheap points to boost his own media worth but more about being a 'professional' voice

Between the club & the listeners.

He gives the impression radio Leicester is a mere stepping-stone to greater things, someone needs

To tell him stepping-stones can be slippery when wet.

Slow down & learn your craft young man & you may become a better presenter!

Archived