Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MJ27

What has Ian Stringer done now?!

Pearson could fall out with an empty room. He does try and get a response rather than paying lip service to Pearson.

And asking "do you think you've taken this team as far as you can" is ****ing retarded and not one manager would answer that with anything more than "we'll see". He ought to try asking useful questions that might actually get some insight into the club for fans.

started his interview with NP by saying "welcome to the booth of doom" and NP had a go at him for saying it.

I think quotes like this day say a lot more than posters opinions, I recall one post match, after another defeat, when Stringer asked what his employment options are like....

Don't understand the hate towards stringer. He's a good reporter and commentator, you only have to listen to the planks that we've had before him to recognise this. Even on LKO when you hear the commentary of others he's head and shoulders above the other local commentators.

Everyone has some flaws and I know that he works hard at trying to get the answers that some people want to hear. If he doesn't ask the questions, who else is going to do so? Because we full well know what our club is like with communication.

I wonder how many of you could do a better job. I know I couldn't. Just ask Jason Bourne how difficult the whole aspect of the job is.

Don't understand the hate towards stringer. He's a good reporter and commentator, you only have to listen to the planks that we've had before him to recognise this. Even on LKO when you hear the commentary of others he's head and shoulders above the other local commentators.

Everyone has some flaws and I know that he works hard at trying to get the answers that some people want to hear. If he doesn't ask the questions, who else is going to do so? Because we full well know what our club is like with communication.

I wonder how many of you could do a better job. I know I couldn't. Just ask Jason Bourne how difficult the whole aspect of the job is.

Agreed

That was my point, live broadcastings is a very difficult role just look at sky fanzone if you think its easy. IMO I think he does a decent job and at least attempts to ask the questions we would like to ask. Also ask yourself this... how many times in a day to you say to yourself " I wish I had not said that" I am sure he regrets somethings but then dont we all.

And Pearson is a very difficult man to interview

Those who say Stringer is an idiot are missing the point.

He is looking upwards, beyond Radio Leicester and is always looking for the scandal or sensational angle to increase his exposure.

Radio Leicester would be better served getting someone else to do the interviews.

And asking "do you think you've taken this team as far as you can" is ****ing retarded and not one manager would answer that with anything more than "we'll see". He ought to try asking useful questions that might actually get some insight into the club for fans.

Stringer does try and get some insight for the fans, I agree that was not the best question, but generally imo Stringer does ask challenging questions, to try and find out info that the fans want to hear.

Those who say Stringer is an idiot are missing the point.

He is looking upwards, beyond Radio Leicester and is always looking for the scandal or sensational angle to increase his exposure.

Radio Leicester would be better served getting someone else to do the interviews.

Are you saying that he is self interested ?

What a ridiculous point... that's like me saying being a designer is hard and you couldn't do better. Well of course you can't without the proper training and if it's not your job. We aren't employed as reporters, he is.

The same Fergie who refused to speak to the BBC for years?

I know, can't believe Fergie is being held up as the master of good interviews and treating people well in them.

Well purely from listening on the radio I don't know why Pearson would have a problem with Stringer. I think Stringer's interviews are always fair, friendly and pretty relaxed. He's hardly Paxman is he! Very strange. 

One thing I do worry about with Pearson is his seeming ability to fall out with anyone and hold grudges (see Danns)

Stringer to NP Immediately after Watford home league defeat "So Nigel, how do you see your future at the club after this defeat?"

Sensationalist journalism at its best/worst, NP was quite rightly annoyed and within rights to refuse further interviews.

All information relative to the squad and match-day issues can be found on 'other' outlets, we do not have a right to know everything last detail of what goes on at the club anyway.

You know NP has a grudge against Danns how?

He's a local radio sports reporter not Roger Cook!!

What a ridiculous point... that's like me saying being a designer is hard and you couldn't do better. Well of course you can't without the proper training and if it's not your job. We aren't employed as reporters, he is.

Oh no, how absolutely outrageous to have an opinion.

Ridiculous point lol

Stringer to NP Immediately after Watford home league defeat "So Nigel, how do you see your future at the club after this defeat?"

Sensationalist journalism at its best/worst, NP was quite rightly annoyed and within rights to refuse further interviews.

All information relative to the squad and match-day issues can be found on 'other' outlets, we do not have a right to know everything last detail of what goes on at the club anyway.

You know NP has a grudge against Danns how?

But surely a manager of a local team need not alienate himself from his local radio station... I agree the question at the time was, well lets say challenging, but the reality was it looked like the season was over and NP did state the match was a "MUST WIN" so there is the background to the question!

who cares anyway I think NP will be gone by the end of the week

But surely a manager of a local team need not alienate himself from his local radio station... I agree the question at the time was, well lets say challenging, but the reality was it looked like the season was over and NP did state the match was a "MUST WIN" so there is the background to the question!

I do not buy into the idea that the team/manager 'needs' BBC radio Leicester at all, they are not the only outlet for information for fans.

RL has exclusivity for commentary and player interviews anyway, its not like they're being banned from the training ground

Stringer has plenty of 'previous' in terms of ludicrous questions and a mischievous interviewing style, he's fit in at SkySports or any tabloid that's for sure.

Oh no, how absolutely outrageous to have an opinion.

Ridiculous point lol

Who said you can't have an opinion, but if you don't want people to disagree don't post on a forum. Pearson has a difficult job, none of us could probably do better, that doesn't excuse his poor performance though as that's his job not ours. Same goes for Stringer.

He's very good at reporting and commentating on games, but you only need to listen to the bloke for five minutes to realise that he's an absolutely useless interviewer. It's fine when you've got someone like Sven, who's a bit of a media darling - anyone can interview someone like that. But when you've got to crack a tough nut, like Pearson, or other famously stroppy managers like Clough or Ferguson, you need to use a bit of nous and tact, you need to build up a relationship and work out how to get the best out of your subject. That's one of the first rules of journalism - if you don't get what you need out of an interviewee, it's your fault as the journalist, not theirs, because you've not done your job properly.  

Stringers a fool

He constantly confuses himself as to whether he's a fan or an impartial Radio Commentator - he should stick to reporting the facts about the club and matches

Pearson see's him as a timewaster who would only warp and complicate any messages Pearson was trying to get to the fans through Radio Leicester. Pearson would do a lot better to just keep to Leics Merc and LCFC website

Who said you can't have an opinion, but if you don't want people to disagree don't post on a forum. Pearson has a difficult job, none of us could probably do better, that doesn't excuse his poor performance though as that's his job not ours. Same goes for Stringer.

No one whatsoever. People may disagree they may agree. I just don't need to be belittled by anyone. Gave my opinion out and was told I made a ridiculous point.

I guess some people are never happy unless they've got something to moan about.

Again, it's not the manager alienating the local radio station, it's the local radio station alienating the manager and the club. It's Radio Leicester's job to provide a conduit between the club and the fans, and if they choose to employ the wrong man for the job, who isn't able to properly manage the relationship between the club and the station, then they've failed in their job.

The manager of Leicester City's job is to manage Leicester City. It's not to deal with idiots in local radio who don't know what they're doing. He manages to communicate with the fans via the Leicester Mercury and various other media outlets professionally and without any problems, but surprise surprise, he seems to have a problem with the untrained journalist who has no idea how to conduct an interview. I wonder why?

If your subject is someone who doesn't suffer fools gladly, why send in a fool?

I do not buy into the idea that the team/manager 'needs' BBC radio Leicester at all, they are not the only outlet for information for fans.

RL has exclusivity for commentary and player interviews anyway, its not like they're being banned from the training ground

Stringer has plenty of 'previous' in terms of ludicrous questions and a mischievous interviewing style, he's fit in at SkySports or any tabloid that's for sure.

Disagree... given that we have currently only sold 4k season tickets and there are lots of non renewals happening.... I know there are many reasons for this but a local football club needs have good relations with its local radio station, if you think that is not the case then fair enough but that is naivie as all clubs need good PR

No one whatsoever. People may disagree they may agree. I just don't need to be belittled by anyone. Gave my opinion out and was told I made a ridiculous point.

I guess some people are never happy unless they've got something to moan about.

Quite rich really, because I find you to belittle many people on this forum.

Archived