Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
qwerty123

Pearson sacked?

So your a nigel pesrson fan, not a Leicester fan. Good luck supporting Mr Pearsons next club!

Nope, just sick of the short-termist attitude and disloyalty of the owners of our club and the damage it's doing to the club that I love with all my heart. Admin and going the way of Pompey within 10 years I reckon.

First thing that came to mind - 'here we go AGAIN'

Never a dull moment with Leicester is there. I am torn as to whether or not this is a good move. For large parts of this season we were free scoring, confident, playing some great football, and at others we were simply terrible. There's no doubt that Pearson has his faults, but I do worry that bringing in a new manager and starting again from scratch is going to be painful, expensive and has no guarantee of getting us anywhere. 

Will be interesting to see what the Thai's decide on.

His remit was to get us promoted, he didnt.

If my boss asked me to do something and I didnt Id expect to get fired.

Sorry to see him go, but this is a results game.

Get a grip you stupid person its people like you that get me banned of this thing.

So your a nigel pesrson fan, not a Leicester fan. Good luck supporting Mr Pearsons next club!

Cheers man, I can't wait, should be a good laugh. You utter scrote gobbler.

I'm not vehemently pro/anti-Pearson, and I don't buy into the myth that stability is some kind of panacea for a football club - if the right manager isn't employed then success'll never be achieved, but in this case it'd seem we've gotten rid of someone mid-way through a very difficult rebuilding job following the Sven debacle.

Why anyone would want to even touch the managerial job here is beyond me, poisoned chalice. Having a bit of cash has sent the expectation of our fans into over-drive. We had a diabolical run but we we're 12 yards away from Wembley and a play-off final. 

Be careful what you wish for.

Nope, just sick of the short-termist attitude and disloyalty of the owners of our club and the damage it's doing to the club that I love with all my heart. Admin and going the way of Pompey within 10 years I reckon.

He's had two chances to get us promoted and failed, and of course the next logical step after sacking of Nigel Pearson is administration

It's not something you can just click your fingers and do though, and it's not like he was a million miles away from achieving his goal and he's the only manager who's gotten us even close in recent years. If the remit now is 'promotion or you're sacked' we're going to be going through a lot of managers over the next few years.

Cheers man, I can't wait, should be a good laugh. You utter scrote gobbler.

I'm not vehemently pro/anti-Pearson, and I don't buy into the myth that stability is some kind of panacea for a football club - if the right manager isn't employed then success'll never be achieved, but in this case it'd seem we've gotten rid of someone mid-way through a very difficult rebuilding job following the Sven debacle.

Why anyone would want to even touch the managerial job here is beyond me, poisoned chalice. Having a bit of cash has sent the expectation of our fans into over-drive. We had a diabolical run but we we're 12 yards away from Wembley and a play-off final. 

Be careful what you wish for.

lol  lol  lol lol  lol  

He's had two chances to get us promoted and failed, and of course the next logical step after sacking of Nigel Pearson is administration

Well if we continue this policy of wasting money sacking managers and rebuilding a squad every 12-18 months then it can't be that far off

Wow, do you have to get football clubs promoted on a daily basis?

It's like comparing apples and oranges.

I'd like to see you in Pearson's shoes.

Now we have to pay off Pearson and presumablty pay compensation for the new manager. The new manager will want funds to sign players, every time we sack a manager we pile more and more debt onto the club. And what if this new manager doesn't get us promoted in his first season? Well then we sack him as well and pay compo for a new manager and sign a load more players and the cycle continues ad nauseum.

We're already in serious financial trouble, the last thing we need to be doing is worsening our financial position.

In all honesty, slightly surprised with the timing. If he was to go I'd have thought it would have been when we dropped out of the play-offs after that dreadful run.

Don't think he deserved to go (if true) but I did lose my patience with him over the course of the season. I just hope that there is a suitable replacement lined up, whoever it will be I'll still be behind the team and the owners.

Now we have to pay off Pearson and presumablty pay compensation for the new manager. The new manager will want funds to sign players, every time we sack a manager we pile more and more debt onto the club. And what if this new manager doesn't get us promoted in his first season? Well then we sack him as well and pay compo for a new manager and sign a load more players and the cycle continues ad nauseum.

We're already in serious financial trouble, the last thing we need to be doing is worsening our financial position.

There could have been something in his contract with regards to promotion, and one year left on his contract won't be a massive payoff.

Get a grip you stupid person its people like you that get me banned of this thing.

Sorry if you feel that way but its the truth in this "game" now.

There is so much at stake and owners get very nervous when they dont get what they want.

I assume they dont want us bumbling along being the bridesmaids for the next few years (not my opinion).

I just hope they know what they are doing?

I'm awaiting confirmation on this news. If the club really have decided to sack Nigel Pearson, I'll have to ask myself why I should support such a joke club any longer.

In the end, there's never a dull moment with Leicester City, but you have to ask yourself whether the owners as well as the club management team are doing themselves and a large portion of the fans any service by maintaining this revolving doors policy.

And here I am thinking the Thais would be more thoughtful and wise with their decisions.

We'll see.

Archived