Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
qwerty123

Pearson sacked?

Did you see the two legs against Watford? It was a disgrace and the football was terribly ineffective and poor to watch. I don't expect us to play like Barcelona but this hoofball is ridiculous.

His tactics cost us aswell, as soon as Dyer went off we under enormous pressure and our only real attack afterwards was the penalty

If Poyet is the one then that is good news no f**king Jackett although he isn't a bad manager but honestly I would prefer MON or Di Matteo but those managers it would appear are probably a pipe dream.

A couple of weeks ago I'd have accepted a decision to sack him, now I am not so sure.

I think you have to look at the bigger picture though, and not just 'he finished in playoffs so shouldn't be sacked' If we'd have been in a solid 4th place all season but didn't have enough to challenge the automatics then I reckon Pearson would have been given another year but our form in the second half of the season was terrible.

Not sure Poyet is the answer, maybe he can get the best out of Knockaert and co but Brighton were hardly free flowing and attaching were they.

I feel he had questions to answer regarding the dreadful slump and what he did in that time to try to lift confidence and effect things but the frustration is that in 3 or 4 weeks time he may for the first time have had the squad how he wanted it without the burden of his budget being choked by salaries he had no say in. Until you start giving players 18 month contracts you're never going to have a squad that's completely your own (if you keep changing managers every 2 years) but reading between the lines of his recent statement and the obvious number of players he has outcast, this would be the crux of his defence that he had unwanted high earners not only blocking his opportunity to completely shape the squad as he would wish but also bringing resentment in the dressing room of those that are still around. The line about being in much better shape than 12 months ago now  sounds more and more like he knew what was coming. I feel disapointment and unease at the thought that the guy(s) who brought Knockaert and James to the club is/ are no longer onboard, I'd call that good work that hopefully someone else will benefit from now but will the new guy have such aces up their sleeve? I'm frowning - not sure, a bit numb.....  

IT was shit... but to be fair I think ineffective might be the wrong word considering a missed spot kicked stopped us going through.

We conceded our worst result of the season when it mattered most.

We played clueless, defensive football and hoofed away all possession even though dominating possession and controlling games was the reason we shut out most of the league this year.

I'm massively neutral on Pearson, I can see pros and cons to keeping and sacking him. But the game at Vicarage Road was woeful and inexcusable. The players bust a gut but tactically we were ****ing inept, we didn't have a clue who our set piece takers were and when we went behind the second time we changed up to be even MORE defensive.

If you're pro NP, I wouldn't be using the fact we were a penalty away to defend him I'd be saying that our form til January was so good that we'd essentially gotten ourselves a playoff place despite the squad not being big enough to keep it going til May.

We conceded our worst result of the season when it mattered most.

We played clueless, defensive football and hoofed away all possession even though dominating possession and controlling games was the reason we shut out most of the league this year.

I'm massively neutral on Pearson, I can see pros and cons to keeping and sacking him. But the game at Vicarage Road was woeful and inexcusable. The players bust a gut but tactically we were ****ing inept, we didn't have a clue who our set piece takers were and when we went behind the second time we changed up to be even MORE defensive.

If you're pro NP, I wouldn't be using the fact we were a penalty away to defend him I'd be saying that our form til January was so good that we'd essentially gotten ourselves a playoff place despite the squad not being big enough to keep it going til May.

Chill your beans... I said it was shit!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived