Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
qwerty123

Pearson sacked?

Sorry if you feel that way but its the truth in this "game" now.

There is so much at stake and owners get very nervous when they dont get what they want.

I assume they dont want us bumbling along being the bridesmaids for the next few years (not my opinion).

I just hope they know what they are doing?

Pretty sure they have already proved that they don't.

None of us should be surprised if this is true, I wouldn't have been surprised if he'd been sacked even if we were promoted. On balance I wanted him to stay but whatever happens I'll still support the club.

Sounds like it could be true, but I don't understand why we are going down this route

Another year of Pearson and we could have built on what we currently have, we could have strengthened so well that we could have competed in the PL also

For the owners the logical choice will be Poyet, however I would still prefer RDM or even Chris Powell if I had a choice

We will just have to wait and see I guess

If this is true... Onwards and upwards... The owners shouldn't be blamed for investing their hard earned money in us. The faster we drive the owners away the less of a club we will have left. Pearson didn't achieve the pre season expectation that he admitted to himself. Finishing 6th this season taking everything into account was not good enough. Would people have a different view if we hadn't scored THAT GOAL against forest!?

If this is true, I'll be disappointed but we have to go after Poyet. The only name mentioned so far I'd even be remotely pleased with.

O'Neill can steer well clear.

Poyet would be a very bad decision unless you want to turn the team into a spanish pub side, only cares about himself.

Now we have to pay off Pearson and presumablty pay compensation for the new manager. The new manager will want funds to sign players, every time we sack a manager we pile more and more debt onto the club. And what if this new manager doesn't get us promoted in his first season? Well then we sack him as well and pay compo for a new manager and sign a load more players and the cycle continues ad nauseum.

We're already in serious financial trouble, the last thing we need to be doing is worsening our financial position.

But Pearson would have needed funds to strengthen, after all he built a squad not good enough to go up, with plenty of deadwood in it. The new manager will only sort that, he's not going to buy 22 new players.

There's no saying Pearson would get us up, in fact signs point to more of a relegation/ mid-table fight after that terrible run which he didn't really ever sort out.

The annoying thing is Pearson knew who needed to be shipped out for both footballing and attitude reasons, a new manager will come in and probably give everyone a fair chance including the likes of Gally Danns Beckford etc. 

Football fans are a moronic breed. Who'd be stupid enough to return their season ticket when they don't know who has replaced him? When they haven't given him a couple of months? The owners have the complete right to do this. 

I don't think that, as a couple of people have said, this decision is merely a footballing one. It's evident that the guy's a bit of a **** when we wants to be and has no interest in any publicity, player relations or indeed any respect for those who don't fit his 'criteria'. He'd be much more suited to an assistant manager's job at a bigger club because, as he's proven during both spells, he can't keep people happy, nor can he get over the finish line when he's in the big chair. 

Gus doesn't scream 'going forward', no, but what appointment can assure success?

That's if it's true, if not...  :pearson:

Archived