Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dr The Singh

Worlds Most Racist Countries

Can't believe India was 4th was expecting it to be in the top 2. :rolleyes:   

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2325502/Map-shows-worlds-racist-countries-answers-surprise-you.html

Map shows world's 'most racist' countries (and the answers may surprise you)
  • Hong Kong, Bangladesh, Jordan and India named least tolerant countries
  • U.S., Britain, Canada and South America are among the least racist
  • Survey asks people if they would want neighbours of a different race

By HUGO GYE

PUBLISHED: 13:49, 16 May 2013 UPDATED: 01:01, 17 May 2013

Britain is one of the most racially tolerant countries on the planet, a survey claims.

The global social attitudes study claims that the most racially intolerant populations are all in the developing world, with Bangladesh, Jordan and India in the top five.

By contrast, the study of 80 countries over three decades found Western countries were most accepting of other cultures with Britain, the U.S., Canada and Australia more tolerant than anywhere else.

Enlarge article-2325502-19D0189E000005DC-313_634

Racism: This map shows the nations of the world where people have the most and least tolerant attitudes

The data came from the World Value Survey, which measured the social attitudes of people in different countries, as reported by the Washington Post.

The survey asked individuals what types of people they would refuse to live next to, and counted how many chose the option 'people of a different race' as a percentage for each country.

Researchers have suggested that societies where more people do not want neighbours from other races can be considered less racially tolerant.

The country with the highest proportion of 'intolerant' people who wanted neighbours similar to them was Hong Kong, where 71.8 per cent of the population would refuse to live next to someone of a different race.

Next were Bangladesh on 71.7 per cent, Jordan on 51.4 per cent and India with 43.5 per cent.

article-2325502-167F627E000005DC-851_634

Intolerant: A survey found that Hong Kong had the most people professing racist views of any country

Racist views are strikingly rare in the U.S., according to the survey, which claims that only 3.8 per cent of residents are reluctant to have a neighbour of another race.

Other English-speaking countries once part of the British Empire shared the same tolerant attitude - fewer than five per cent of Britons, Canadians, Australians and New Zealanders showed signs of racism.

People in the UK are also tolerant of other differences such as speaking a foreign language or practising an alternative religion - for example, fewer than two per cent of Britons would object to having neighbours of a different faith to them.

Similarly, fewer than one in 20 people in most South American countries admitted harbouring prejudice against other races.

article-2325502-163CAFF6000005DC-173_634

Diverse: The multicultural U.S. is among the least racially intolerant countries, according to the data

The Middle East, which is currently dealing with large numbers of low-skilled immigrants from south Asia, seems to be a hotbed of racial tension, however.

Europe is remarkably split - the west of the continent is generally more tolerant than the east, but France is a striking outlier with 22.7 per cent of the French rejecting neighbourhood diversity.

Some have pointed out problems in the survey data, claiming that because the polls span a long period of time they are an unreliable guide to current attitudes.

However, a more serious flaw could be the fact that in most Western countries racism is so taboo than many people will hide their intolerant views and lie to the questioners.

Max Fisher of the Washington Post suggested that maybe 'Americans are conditioned by their education and media to keep these sorts of racial preferences private, i.e. to lie about them on surveys, in a way that Indians might not be'.

THE LEAST RACIALLY TOLERANT COUNTRIES

40% + (of individuals surveyed would not want a person of another race as a neighbour)
India, Jordan, Bangladesh, Hong Kong

30 - 39.9%
Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Vietnam, Indonesia, South Korea

20 - 39.9%  
France, Turkey, Bulgaria, Algeria, Morocco, Mali, Zambia, Thailand, Malaysia, The Philippines

THE MOST TOLERANT COUNTRIES

0 to 4.9%
United States, Canada, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Guatemala, Britain, Sweden, Norway, Latvia, Australia, New Zealand

5 - 9.9%
Chile, Peru, Mexico, Spain, Germany, Belgium, Belarus, Croatia, Japan, Pakistan, South Africa

10 - 14.9%
Finland, Poland, Ukraine, Italy, Greece, Czech Republic, Slovakia

15 - 19.9%
Venezuela, Hungary, Serbia, Romania, Macedonia, Ethiopia, Uganda, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Russia, China

Source: World Values Survey

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2325502/Map-shows-worlds-racist-countries-answers-surprise-you.html#ixzz2TZzsF29M 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Hardly surprising that Britain comes out well with the amount of people in this country who are desperate to call racism at every turn. People have been conditioned to run a mile from any race issues. You see an option like that on a poll, even if its anonymous, and as a British person you'll do well not to feel a real sense of panic. Holy shit, am i being accused of racism here??? Better leave that option well alone.

Surprised by France though. I thought for a ponce like fif2k13 to live there it must be chock full of limp wristed lefties.

The question isn't 'which race would you prefer to live next to' which would be vast majority 'my own race'.

The question was 'what type of person would you refuse to live next to', with 'person of different race' being an option.

The amount of people refusing to live next to somebody of a different race is obviously going to be very low, even I wouldn't refuse.

The question isn't 'which race would you prefer to live next to' which would be vast majority 'my own race'.

The question was 'what type of person would you refuse to live next to', with 'person of different race' being an option.

The amount of people refusing to live next to somebody of a different race is obviously going to be very low, even I wouldn't refuse.

<cough> <bullshchit> <cough> This contradicts statements made by yourself about who should live in your neighbourhood or street on a different yet recent thread.  :thumbup:

<cough> <bullshchit> <cough> This contradicts statements made by yourself about who should live in your neighbourhood or street on a different yet recent thread.  :thumbup:

I remember the thread but think I said that I wouldn't live on a street/neighbourhood that was minority White British (like many places in Leicester city for example), not that I wouldn't live near/next to a family of a different race.

Trust the Daily Mail, probably one of the most xenophobic 'news' paper ever to create a most racist countries list.

Plus I've got money on the low percentage of America and Britain being very biased.

America one of the least racist countries in the world. lol

They've got a black president. Kinda suggests a lot of white people voted for him? Maybe not as bad as some people think?

They've got a black president. Kinda suggests a lot of white people voted for him? Maybe not as bad as some people think?

A black president who has been accused over there of the 'crime' of being Muslim, being born outside the US and subjected to numerous death threats by white supremacist groups. 

A black president who has been accused over there of the 'crime' of being Muslim, being born outside the US and subjected to numerous death threats by white supremacist groups. 

So there are a few nutter there? Same as every country, you're not going to judge the whole country on that are you? He been elected twice.

Archived