Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HCAFC Ryan

Kasper Schmeichel

He couldnt have been that bad in the Premiership Sven said there was nothing between him and Joe Hart at Man City and he ended up picking Hart over Kasper because he was older and an inch taller

But Sven signed Matt Mills.

What concerns me is Pearson's ability to sign another goalkeeper who is just as good as Kasper.

I might be wrong here but in both of Pearson's spells here he only signed Chris Weale permanently and his spell at Hull all his goalkeepers were loan signings.

Don't know if that's intended as a dig at Weale but he had a great season under Pearson, especially considering he was a free transfer.

Well seeing as Hull made it perfectly clear to us last season, that they wouldn`t do any buisness with us, i would hope that we will return the compliment, and tell them they`re wasting their own,and our time, and to do one!

If it`s true that Swansea and West Ham are also interested in him, then i can see him going to one of those to be honest.

With him only having one year left on his contract, and with us unlikely to be able to even offer him a deal as good as the one he`s got now, let alone an improved deal, i think the writing is on the wall i`m afraid, as we will not want him to run down his contract and leave for nothing next season.

The same goes for Nugent and Morgan as well.

Sadly our failure this season, may well result in a number of the players we would like to keep leaving, as well as some we will be glad to see the back of.

Don't know if that's intended as a dig at Weale but he had a great season under Pearson, especially considering he was a free transfer.

Not intended to be a dig at Weale at all. I agree with you he had an excellent season for us.

I was more getting at the fact that Pearson has only signed one permanent goalkeeper in his spells here and at Hull.

Consistantly one of the stand out players this season in my opininion.

Where everyone else went missing for 10 games after January, he remained one of the few that still put in performances week in, week out.

• 2 weeks later...

He's the best keeper we have had since flowers... he is more then good enough and constantly improving. Whoever signs him is getting a gem. People slate his kicking a lot, but if used correctly it is a mighty asset. 

I agree and if we let him go we can wave good bye to any chance of gaining promoted

I agree and if we let him go we can wave good bye to any chance of gaining promoted

Now I've heard it all: Schmeichel's kicking 'can be a massive asset' / 'if we let him go we can wave goodbye' to promotion / 'he is constantly improving'.

Why get so carried away? Okay, he is a decent goalkeeper at this level, but his kicking is poor, command of the box from set pieces is questionable and he'd have to become a lot less accident prone were he to make the step up. He may well edge Ian Walker as our best keeper since Flowers, but we got promoted in 94 with Gavin Ward, in 96 with Kevin Poole, and 03 with Walker. I hardly think it's an apocalypse scenario.

And 'improving constantly'? He was pretty competent when he joined as well, albeit with dodgy distribution and command of the penalty area. In that run of fourteen games with no clean sheet at the end of last season, or the final eighteen games when we conceded two or more goals in all but one of them, I didn't see any significant improvement in him.

Now I've heard it all: Schmeichel's kicking 'can be a massive asset' / 'if we let him go we can wave goodbye' to promotion / 'he is constantly improving'.

Why get so carried away? Okay, he is a decent goalkeeper at this level, but his kicking is poor, command of the box from set pieces is questionable and he'd have to become a lot less accident prone were he to make the step up. He may well edge Ian Walker as our best keeper since Flowers, but we got promoted in 94 with Gavin Ward, in 96 with Kevin Poole, and 03 with Walker. I hardly think it's an apocalypse scenario.

And 'improving constantly'? He was pretty competent when he joined as well, albeit with dodgy distribution and command of the penalty area. In that run of fourteen games with no clean sheet at the end of last season, or the final eighteen games when we conceded two or more goals in all but one of them, I didn't see any significant improvement in him.

Exactly. A decent keeper but not irreplaceable.

Exactly. A decent keeper but not irreplaceable.

No but at the same time, it is very unlikely we'll get someone as good or better in. It would make sense to sell him for a decent profit though, but from a personal point of view, I'd like to see the (only?) succesful Danish player stay at the club.

No but at the same time, it is very unlikely we'll get someone as good or better in. It would make sense to sell him for a decent profit though, but from a personal point of view, I'd like to see the (only?) succesful Danish player stay at the club.

Jimmy Nielsen never had a bad competitive game..

A decent goalkeeper, nothing more. There are plenty around, Luke Steele (as I've said all along) is as good as Kasper, for example.

I wouldn't say without Kasper there is no chance of promotion. He isn't indispensable.

And what I've seen from you is you haven't got a clue about goalkeeping or goalkeepers

I agree.

I've long argued that Kasper's kicking can be a fookin liability. Just at a time when we need to keep the ball and retain possession, he hoofs it straight into touch or worse, into the opposition goalies hands!

I don't blame him for this. I'm amazed that first Sven and then Pearson allow him to do it. Every so often yes, but it happens too often.

However, I see Kasper as a great shot stopper and lets have it right.. Without him being so good, our defence would have conceded a lot more this season.

Two things: firstly, I see him as a very ambitious man and premiership bound. Secondly, I won't be too upset if he leaves. 1.5 million though would be an insult. I'd let him go for probably 3 million.

Finally... Logan isn't good enough IMO. If Kasper leaves, I'd want a good, solid replacement.

I fail to to see the relevance in these comments. We are supposedly looking to get into the Prem ASAP or? If this is the case then we should not sell our best players. As long as were going to be a "selling club" we will not succeed. I think that some are overlooking the overriding passion Kaspet showed for success at City. During the terrible downturn in the winter most players looked disinterested and couldn t give a f... Kasper showed passion, desire and a urge to win and fight for the club that no one else did. He is by far the best keeper we have had in a long time and if the goes - he should not go to Hull - they are not and will never be a Presmiership outfit in any way!

During the "lean" spell the whole team was awful and not even a top keeper is enough the maintain clean sheets if the back four and midfield is terrible - as was the case.

I think we should give Kasper all the credit he can get and do our utmost to keep him at City -  so please stop the bull sh.....

Archived