Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HCAFC Ryan

Kasper Schmeichel

And what I've seen from you is you haven't got a clue about goalkeeping or goalkeepers

Seeing as you're clearly a self-proclaimed authority on goalkeeping, I'd love to know what point you disagree with. Is it-

a. Schmeichel is a decent goalkeeper?

b. He would need to improve to be a quality Premier League keeper?

c. His kicking is not very good?

d. His command of the box from set pieces is not one of his greatest strengths?

e. That we got promoted with Ward, Poole and Walker who, while variably capable, were not of the calibre of Tim Flowers nor, arguably, Schmeichel?

f. That - therefore - it is possible for a club to get promoted with a goalkeeper other than Schmeichel (contrary to what some people have said)?

Now, I'd say the above is a fairly balanced stating-of-the-obvious sort of observation. Some of it is simply factual. So I'd love to hear what a genuine expert like yourself has to say on the matter.

I'd like to suggest that, if the above seems wildly off-the-mark to you, not only do you not have 'a clue about goalkeeping or goalkeepers' (not sure why you've made the distinction there to be honest... does that suggest that you not only understand the nuances of the profession, but also have a sense of empathy for their psychological predicament?), but you are also entirely deluded.

His kicking is ****ing unbelievably good.Turn it in.

It's really not that good. Got a long punt on him but a lot of the time the accuracy is pants.

I fail to to see the relevance in these comments. We are supposedly looking to get into the Prem ASAP or? If this is the case then we should not sell our best players. As long as were going to be a "selling club" we will not succeed. I think that some are overlooking the overriding passion Kaspet showed for success at City. During the terrible downturn in the winter most players looked disinterested and couldn t give a f... Kasper showed passion, desire and a urge to win and fight for the club that no one else did. He is by far the best keeper we have had in a long time and if the goes - he should not go to Hull - they are not and will never be a Presmiership outfit in any way!

During the "lean" spell the whole team was awful and not even a top keeper is enough the maintain clean sheets if the back four and midfield is terrible - as was the case.

I think we should give Kasper all the credit he can get and do our utmost to keep him at City -  so please stop the bull sh.....

Actually, hate to state the obvious, but Hull ARE a Premiership outfit whether you like it or not. And they got there without Schmeichel in goal. Just like every other side that has ever been promoted to the Premier League got there without Schmeichel in goal. As such it's extremely relevant and entirely true that a side can be promoted without him in goal, contrary to what earlier posters stated.

And, when you quite rightly point out that 'the whole team was awful', are you making an exception of Schmeichel? Because if not - and you shouldn't, by the way - we're accepting that he is very, very replaceable.

Bear in mind that earlier in the season he had less shots to deal with than any other keeper in the division but still came in for praise, surely it follows that he takes a portion of the blame when he has more shots to deal with than many other keepers and, consequently, concedes a lot more goals?

And please, let's not allow the dreaded 'passion' to come into the argument. If passion was the priority Little would have built his side around Mauchlen and Ramsey, O'Neill would have built his side around Hill, Carey, Willis, Roberts and Whitlow and we'd be managed by Steve Walsh.

I also think it's extremely relevant to look again at what I wrote. Our past three promotions to the top flight were achieved with Ward, Poole and Walker in goal. Most people on here would argue that Schmeichel is a better goalkeeper than those, but it didn't stop us from going up: If his sale allows us to strengthen in other areas then it won't be a bad thing. To say his departure would make it impossible for us to go up - and THAT is my only argument - is completely over the top.

His kicking is ****ing unbelievably good.Turn it in.

He has distance on his kicks but the number that go into touch / straight to his opposite number is so startling that it's impossible not to notice, and various neutral commentators and pundits have pointed it out this season. In the 90s Cambridge built an entire defence of players who were great at punting the ball seventy yards upfield, but nobody would argue that they had excellent distribution.

I've seen worse, but for a top flight keeper this would be a significant weakness.

all our keepers since flowers have been kack.

Bit like saying Pearsons our best manager since MON

He's the best keeper we have had since flowers... he is more then good enough and constantly improving. Whoever signs him is getting a gem. People slate his kicking a lot, but if used correctly it is a mighty asset.

I would keep him purely to let other clubs know that our days as a stepping stone club are over. This situation will reveal just how ambitious we really are as a club.

We don't need to sell, so we shouldn't. End of. You can argue about FFP until you're blue in the face but if we sell, then that gives out the message to the competition that for all the talk of ambition, we are still, at core, a selling club.

Time to show how ambitious we really are.

Can't fault him for moving if a established prem team comes in For him. It'd just leave a sour taste in our mouths because we all know he can do a lot better than Hull City. He's his own man and whatever happens he'll have made his own decision.

He's always said his dad has no bearing in his football, he's just a dad to him.

He wouldn't get any more money than he's on here, just the added bonus of premier league football, but for how long?

Players come and go, and if he does leave I'm sure we'll find a decent replacement.

I remember one of his kicks to the left wing where he curled it around their RB and into the path of Knockaert, absolute peach of a pass.

I get annoyed with a lot of his punts up field but that kick was truly superb. Ball of the season.

His distribution can be fantastic... but generally you have to sit through 25 punts to to their keeper before you get to see one of them.

I like Kasper, I feel fairly solid with him in goal and always think he'll save every penno he faces... but the guy has plenty of flaws that could prevent him from being a decent premier league keeper.

Can't fault him for moving if a established prem team comes in For him. It'd just leave a sour taste in our mouths because we all know he can do a lot better than Hull City. He's his own man and whatever happens he'll have made his own decision.

He's always said his dad has no bearing in his football, he's just a dad to him.

He wouldn't get any more money than he's on here, just the added bonus of premier league football, but for how long?

Players come and go, and if he does leave I'm sure we'll find a decent replacement.

Very sensible post.

Lets just get a decent fee

His distribution can be fantastic... but generally you have to sit through 25 punts to to their keeper before you get to see one of them.

I like Kasper, I feel fairly solid with him in goal and always think he'll save every penno he faces... but the guy has plenty of flaws that could prevent him from being a decent premier league keeper.

I don't agree.

I think the 'flaws' are coach able out of him.

I reckon he'll become a top Prem keeper.

I don't agree.

I think the 'flaws' are coach able out of him.

I reckon he'll become a top Prem keeper.

Not all flaws are coachable... like being a couple of inches too short to command the box.

Offer him a 1 year extension and if we don't go up next year, tell him he can go if he wants. That way he serves his initial contract and we still get the money for him or he plays in the PL with us

FFP has well and truly fecked up our hope of negotiating contracts IMO. It's likely any new contracts offered will be on reduced terms as all clubs try and reign in their spending. I'm not sure players and agents are likely to accept that, so you will see more and more players running out their contracts to see what offers they get when they become a free agent, and with FFP players out of contract will be able to get even more out of clubs than they are at the minute as clubs will be desperate to not fork out large fees on players.

If we had control of our finances it would be much easier to give him a decent offer, as it is they are still well out of control and we can not really afford decent offers until we have that sorted and we know how our budget is looking.

FFP has well and truly fecked up our hope of negotiating contracts IMO. It's likely any new contracts offered will be on reduced terms as all clubs try and reign in their spending. I'm not sure players and agents are likely to accept that, so you will see more and more players running out their contracts to see what offers they get when they become a free agent, and with FFP players out of contract will be able to get even more out of clubs than they are at the minute as clubs will be desperate to not fork out large fees on players.

If we had control of our finances it would be much easier to give him a decent offer, as it is they are still well out of control and we can not really afford decent offers until we have that sorted and we know how our budget is looking.

That sounds great. There'll be a few bargains for Walshy to scoop up on frees then! ;)

That sounds great. There'll be a few bargains for Walshy to scoop up on frees then! ;)

There will be... probably not as good as the frees we are going to lose come the end of the season though!

Once we sort out our finances we will be in a strong position as I'm sure we'll have one of the biggest budgets in the league... without piling up huge debts as we have been doing.

There will be... probably not as good as the frees we are going to lose come the end of the season though!

Once we sort out our finances we will be in a strong position as I'm sure we'll have one of the biggest budgets in the league... without piling up huge debts as we have been doing.

:thumbup: Hope so, we need it!!

Good that we are standing firm, I hope we keep him, but if the deadwood aren't shifted any time soon we may have to let him go, I wonder what Dull's second bid is 1.5m?

The cheeky bastards  lol

Anything greater than £3m and he will be gone imo.

Archived