Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Loggy88

If we could only buy one player this summer, who would you pick?

Are you guys messing with the OP or are you really that deluded?

So you don't think Peter Whittingham is realistic? He's a top end championship player at best and he will probably be surplus to requirements for Cardiff next season, how is that unrealistic?

I usually like your posts Mark, but your constant pouring of scorn over everyone's comments recently is getting a bit ****ing old to be honest and you're just coming off as smug. It's a hypothetical thread for suggesting players that we 'might' conceivably be able to sign - some of them are a bit outlandish, but so what? It's just a bit of fun.

Lighten up.

Are you guys messing with the OP or are you really that deluded?

the question was IF we COULD sign one player, there was no budget set, there was no asking for special reasons as to why, Ok I know we aren't going to go out and sign tom cleverley with out current constraints and the fact he is a england regular.

However in my ideal world I would go all out to get someone with real quality who can make the difference.

What would you like us to suggest, who is out there who would improve the squad on a free and if they are on a free why the fcuk would they be my one signing.

For me it has to be someone like Phil Neville, I know it looks like hes going to coach and Man Utd but i think he's the wise old head we need in the dressing room to keep the younger guys feet on the ground when we do well, and keep their heads up when we have a poor run! 

For such a young squad we need someone whose been there done that that the younger guys can look up to. Its amazing the difference in the dressing room atmosphere having someone like that keeping an eye on things. For me its the reason we missed Chris Powell when he left and was the key ingredient we were missing last season!

A good shout, but in a coaching role rather than as a player.  As someone has already pointed out, his experience and attitude would be invaluable in a role similar to  Chris Powell's, being close to the squad and being able to bring his influence to bear in the changing room and pitch-side.

A 20+ goal a season striker. I read somewhere that City had the highest chance creation ratio per game last season, ergo we are about as clinical and potent as an OAP that's been on the razz. Sign someone who knows where the onion bag is and watch us go. 

Realistically, and seeing as we're all of a sudden skint (according to some), then a lower league semi-gamble may have to be performed. I'm not talking about a Vardy-esque non-league gamble, but a reasonable one from League One or perhaps the lower end of this league. 

Suggestions:

Paddy Madden

Clayton Donaldson

Dwight Gayle

Will Grigg

Nakhi Wells

As stated, these are budget suggestions due to the overall vibe being that we aren't going to be pulling off any substantial deals this summer due to the dreaded FFP.

Although, the centre of defence has a great big hole in it too atm.

Scott Sinclair on loan, he aint going to get any game time at Man City! Obviously more likely Jerome Thomas, someone thats quick make something out of nothing and has a end product! We got Dyer who is quick but no end product, Knocky is good but lack a bit of pace or just put Dyer and Knocky as 1 player! haha

the question was IF we COULD sign one player, there was no budget set, there was no asking for special reasons as to why, Ok I know we aren't going to go out and sign tom cleverley with out current constraints and the fact he is a england regular.

However in my ideal world I would go all out to get someone with real quality who can make the difference.

What would you like us to suggest, who is out there who would improve the squad on a free and if they are on a free why the fcuk would they be my one signing.

So if you could sign one player ignoring budget and asking price, it'd be Tom Cleverly? lol

A 20+ goal a season striker. I read somewhere that City had the highest chance creation ratio per game last season, ergo we are about as clinical and potent as an OAP that's been on the razz. Sign someone who knows where the onion bag is and watch us go. 

Realistically, and seeing as we're all of a sudden skint (according to some), then a lower league semi-gamble may have to be performed. I'm not talking about a Vardy-esque non-league gamble, but a reasonable one from League One or perhaps the lower end of this league. 

Suggestions:

Paddy Madden

Clayton Donaldson

Dwight Gayle

Will Grigg

Nakhi Wells

As stated, these are budget suggestions due to the overall vibe being that we aren't going to be pulling off any substantial deals this summer due to the dreaded FFP.

Although, the centre of defence has a great big hole in it too atm.

Wood got over 20, albeit with us and Millwall.

Madden has had one good year at Yeovil.

Donaldson is just plain awful.

Id have said Akin-Fatlad just for pure cult hero, utter dog shit fun but after seeing him all over TV pre playoff final he is clearly a major bellend!

Time will tell. As it has already proven that we won't get promotion without a dynamic front line with depth. A decent back up plan would help. Not just a big lump and some bloke that runs a bit.

Not slating Wood, he's ok. Given time I think he'll develop into a great player and hopefully that will be with us. But something is missing. That bit ofpace and killer instinct. That's what we need, to supplement what we already have.

Archived