Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dobbo54

I have heard a rumour that our home friendly is Man U

Falls out with players who joined us for the sole reason of their bank balance? Good on him, that's one thing he's got in his favour over most managers.

Falls out with the local media? Stringer's a god-awful journalist. The majority of managers wouldn't get on with him.

Who do you suggest we get in? Realistically.

Eh? lol

There are those that kiss Pearson's arr is.

There are also those who criticise him for fun.

Some of us like to offer both sides of the coin... And have done consistently throughout.

Every so often I get called a 'Pearson hater' or equivalent but tis not true. I consider him a decent manager at this level, but nothing more than that.

A really good manager would have taken what Sven had done and somehow got us promoted last season. Pearson NEARLY did.. But a very good manager at this level would have achieved it IMO.

He's ok... There's aspects of him I rate, others I don't.

Finally, the thought of a forthcoming season with Pearson at the helm doesn't, I'm afraid, fill me with any great excitement or anticipation to be honest.

If he can turn around the pretty horrendous away form of last season, that's a start. But he couldn't last season and I'm not sure he will next season either. This is why I'm ambivalent toward him. I would not mind if we got in a younger bloke, fresh with new ideas on the game. Someone who wants to change the formation, liven things up a little and get us playing slick ball to feet stuff.

If you want to really get the best out of Jermaine Beckford for example (IF you do), that's how to do it.

So there is no rating difference between decent and very good? If knocky had scored that pen then Pearson was only 90 minutes away from being very good? And what would of happened if we had got to the final but lost to an own goal? Would he be almost very good?

dan lcfc

regardless whether stringer is awful fans tune in to hear what the manager has say win/lose or draw..as for players joining us for bank balance reasons well thats the nature of the game now im afraid.so dan what will it be like if pearson ever did get us up? not go for players cause they have an ego or want more money? fact is as a manager you have to be able to handle differnt types of players.he cannot do that

Aye, fairer post. I agree that Pearson's dull in interviews but that really isn't as problematic as many think it is. Shouldn't be a deciding factor for me.

I'm not arsed about players who join for the money. Those players will be good in patches but if they've got no burning desire to succeed then they'll be exposed. I appreciate I'm probably in a minority here but any player who's after ridiculous money can get to fvck as far as I'm concerned.

The days of us splashing £30/35k a week on players as they join is hopefully over, both through previous experience and the restrictions coming in.

Give them incentives, increase their pay when they achieve promotion. We need to start paying lower salaries with the potential to increase or offload, rather than being stuck with them because no other club wants to pay their ridiculously high wages.

The days of us splashing £30/35k a week on players as they join is hopefully over, both through previous experience and the restrictions coming in.

Give them incentives, increase their pay when they achieve promotion. We need to start paying lower salaries with the potential to increase or offload, rather than being stuck with them because no other club wants to pay their ridiculously high wages.

I 100% agree with this.

So there is no rating difference between decent and very good? If knocky had scored that pen then Pearson was only 90 minutes away from being very good? And what would of happened if we had got to the final but lost to an own goal? Would he be almost very good?

Not at all.

A 'very good' manager would have got us top two. Like Bruce or McKay did.

Not sneaked us into the play offs on the final day then fail to win over two legs. That's just 'decent'.

IMO.

:thumbup:

Pre-season friendlies should be low-key matches, used only to prepare the squad. Playing the likes of Real Madrid and Man United is in my opinon, counter-productive and extremely distracting. What the hell does it achieve other than creating hype and expectation. Didnt we pay a million quid to play Real Madrid? What a waste!

I do agree, I'd rather us play 'easier' opposition and build our fitness and confidence up.

Although I like the fact I've seen Madrid, and I enjoyed watching the likes of Ronaldo, Ramos and Ozil. As I did with Barcelona in 2003 when I attended that friendly... I bet the owners still made from the Madrid game as well.

I do agree, I'd rather us play 'easier' opposition and build our fitness and confidence up.

Although I like the fact I've seen Madrid, and I enjoyed watching the likes of Ronaldo, Ramos and Ozil. As I did with Barcelona in 2003 when I attended that friendly... I bet the owners still made from the Madrid game as well.

I think one big friendly isn't a bad idea by any means, a real test, but the Madrid friendly was poorly timed. Not so much the Madrid friendly, but I swear playing sides like Valencia, Mallorca & Bursaspor did us no favours at all. I'd rather us have a few friendlies at tough places where we'll get a bit of a kick in, not injured but somewhere that'll beef us up a little as it seems to be our Achilles heel every single season.

Not at all.

Not sneaked us into the play offs on the final day then fail to win over two legs. That's just 'decent'.

IMO.

Im afraid Bruce is not a 'very good manager' The fact that he got hull up is concrete evidence how poor the championship was quality wise this season!

spot on essington mate it was a poor division this year.we keep hearing what a good squad we have yet we failed to get up to the so called promised land.mr pearson has to take the blame for this and it begs belief the owners dont see this.despite some on here thinking he can get us up im sure most know deep down it wont happen with him in charge

Not at all.

IMO.

Then how can he of been almost very good? lol

you make no sense sometimes!

So no one knows who the we are playing then? How the hell has a thread about a friendly become a Pearson bashing thread?

Instead of the friendly, we should just have all the Pearson-haters and the Pearson-hater haters square off on the King Power Stadium midfield line. The last ones standing get to decide if Pearson stays or goes. Would the club make a little profit off of gate receipts that way?

Instead of the friendly, we should just have all the Pearson-haters and the Pearson-hater haters square off on the King Power Stadium midfield line. The last ones standing get to decide if Pearson stays or goes. Would the club make a little profit off of gate receipts that way?

Fight fight fight lol

Archived