Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dobbo54

I have heard a rumour that our home friendly is Man U

Well thats ok then, and there was me thinking we had blown our best chance of promotion in years, from what is a competitive but piss poor division, (Hull went up, says it all), and that the current manager had just presided over one of the worst runs in the clubs history!

Lets hope we don`t start the first 17 games next season how we finished the last 17 games of last season, although i`m sure the Pearsonites will find some excuse for the failings of Saint Pearson!

Spot on!!!

Well thats ok then, and there was me thinking we had blown our best chance of promotion in years, from what is a competitive but piss poor division, (Hull went up, says it all), and that the current manager had just presided over one of the worst runs in the clubs history! 

Lets hope we don`t start the first 17 games next season how we finished the last 17 games of last season, although i`m sure the Pearsonites will find some excuse for the failings of Saint Pearson!

And tell me why did we blow our best chance of promotion in years? The answer is because NP got us into those automatic places in the first place. We aren't the first team to do it, and believe me, we won't be the last. Middlesbrough have fallen from automatic promotion for two seasons running now.

If you think the division is poor, then maybe I've been watching the wrong games. And It's ironic that you brought Hull into it, when NP built their team anyway.

I'm a massive NP fan, like others on here, but we don't act like he is somesort of God or Saint. He isn't. We know he isn't. He knows he isn't. But, ask yourself, since our relegation from the PL 10 years ago, we have come close to promotion only twice. Who was manager? Oh yeah, Nigel Pearson.

Either it's a competitive or a piss-poor division. But not both.

If you still cling onto straws and hold one bad run (yes, I know it was bad) against two appearances in the playoffs as well as promotion from League One, you really are desperate in terms of argumentation.

I look at the possibilities and chances under the current manager, you tend to look at the risks. That's the way it is.

Find it funny how all the boo-boys insist on arguing that anyone who supports Pearson is a 'Pearson-bummer' or thinks of him as 'Saint Pearson'. We who support the guy are aware of his limitations, we are aware that he hasn't got us up automatically from the Champ (yet), we were all equally horrified at the terrible run we went on and we all get frustrated with him sometimes. There's the difference. The Pearson Out brigade just don't seem to be able to process his good aspects. The fact of the matter is Pearson is undoubtedly a good manager who has done a lot for the Club, and has given us more success and got us far closer to the PL than anyone else in the last decade. He deserves more respect than being dubbed 'Coco' and does in no way deserve the vitriol he gets from the dissenting voices, just because he doesn't whinge or give moronic soundbites in his post-match interviews.

We who support Pearson recognise that the run was terrible but believe you can't blame him 100% for it, and with that in mind, focus on the fact we were well on course to finish top 2 before the run. And so we wish to believe that with lessons learnt we can be the same team we were last season until February, but finish the job this time.

EDIT: I'm aware I don't speak for everyone there but that's certainly the way I see it.

There really is no middle ground at all when it comes to discussing Pearson I swear.

Yep.

You either think he's shit or God. Whereas most probably view him as a decent manager with faults.

Pre-season friendlies should be low-key matches, used only to prepare the squad. Playing the likes of Real Madrid and Man United is in my opinon, counter-productive and extremely distracting. What the hell does it achieve other than creating hype and expectation. Didnt we pay a million quid to play Real Madrid? What a waste!

Pre-season friendlies should be low-key matches, used only to prepare the squad. Playing the likes of Real Madrid and Man United is in my opinon, counter-productive and extremely distracting. What the hell does it achieve other than creating hype and expectation. Didnt we pay a million quid to play Real Madrid? What a waste!

This is true but our glamour friendly is the big teams good work out, they play against a competitive team who will give them a good go so yes to us it's full of hype but to a team like Ajax/manure/barca etc its a good preseason game

Yep.

You either think he's shit or God. Whereas most probably view him as a decent manager with faults.

I think less of Pearson than I did 12 months ago, I'll openly admit that, but I still think he's the right man.

I'm just sick of coming on here and seeing the amount of people who appear to have absolutely no middle ground when discussing the bloke. You speak favourably of him and get labelled a "Pearsonite" ( lol) or being an ardent Pearson backer, you criticise him and you're called an idiot, a doom & gloom merchant etc... both sides of the argument have total idiots and it's embarrassing.

I'd keep him on for this year. I think he definitely cocked up last year, he appeared to have no answer to our dwindling form for a long while and whilst we did improve again at the end, we did a lot worse than what we could've.

But I respect the fact his hands are tied, I can understand why he does a lot of the things he does, I agree his subs are questionable but how many of these fans who know everything (or claim to) have even nearly the knowledge on our team that he does? I do see some of his selections/subs and I struggle to make sense of it but people need to start putting some serious thought into things, and consider why he might be making that particular sub, rather than just dismissing a player totally because of a couple of bad games (Kane).

I can take criticism and fair enough if you want someone else in charge but I think far too many of our fans have absolutely zero perspective on our financial position and the power we have compared to the other sides in this league. Totally deluded in-fact. We fvcked it in 2011/12, that was a one-off year that would go one of two ways and it went pear shaped - we're still recovering from it. We're not entitled to promotion because we have one of the biggest home & away gates in the division, it's that kind of mentality that ironically will rile our fans should we beat someone like Liverpool after going up (just an example).

That's just my take. He's not perfect but people need to appreciate things could be a lot worse.

Find it funny how all the boo-boys insist on arguing that anyone who supports Pearson is a 'Pearson-bummer' or thinks of him as 'Saint Pearson'. We who support the guy are aware of his limitations, we are aware that he hasn't got us up automatically from the Champ (yet), we were all equally horrified at the terrible run we went on and we all get frustrated with him sometimes. There's the difference. The Pearson Out brigade just don't seem to be able to process his good aspects. The fact of the matter is Pearson is undoubtedly a good manager who has done a lot for the Club, and has given us more success and got us far closer to the PL than anyone else in the last decade. He deserves more respect than being dubbed 'Coco' and does in no way deserve the vitriol he gets from the dissenting voices, just because he doesn't whinge or give moronic soundbites in his post-match interviews.

We who support Pearson recognise that the run was terrible but believe you can't blame him 100% for it, and with that in mind, focus on the fact we were well on course to finish top 2 before the run. And so we wish to believe that with lessons learnt we can be the same team we were last season until February, but finish the job this time.

EDIT: I'm aware I don't speak for everyone there but that's certainly the way I see it.

He earned the name coco for calling someone who disagreed with him a clown.

Some of his comments to Stringer have sounded moronic at times.

The one thing I have noticed, though it may be due to my bias, is that the Pearson supporters/lovers/bummers ;)  seem quite happy to throw the term moronic at those who don't have the same level of admiration for NFP. That and the fact that many of them seem to view themselves as better supporters/loyal fans, comments like 'go support cov' don't help.

Unfortunately we have another 12 months of this to come, or 12 games.

He earned the name coco for calling someone who disagreed with him a clown.

Some of his comments to Stringer have sounded moronic at times.

The one thing I have noticed, though it may be due to my bias, is that the Pearson supporters/lovers/bummers ;)  seem quite happy to throw the term moronic at those who don't have the same level of admiration for NFP. That and the fact that many of them seem to view themselves as better supporters/loyal fans, comments like 'go support cov' don't help.

Unfortunately we have another 12 months of this to come, or 12 games.

Just because he doesn't give a song and dance, and pander to stupid questions. A short-shift answer is not a moronic one.

That's because many of the posters on here who have constantly posted negative stuff about Pearson have been so repetitive and offered such poor posting and limited reasoning for their points that many, including myself, find it very difficult to believe they aren't in fact just trolling and trying to wind people up. Which I'd say is fair game for being labelled moronic. If you look back at some of the threads during the bad run you will find it very difficult to deny this.

Lastly, when one is going into games hoping that we lose to put Pearson in trouble, I don't think one can have any complaints about others considering themselves a better supporter. That's the idea, and the main source of fuel for said 'Pearson-bummers', we are offering support.

Just because he doesn't give a song and dance, and pander to stupid questions. A short-shift answer is not a moronic one.

That's because many of the posters on here who have constantly posted negative stuff about Pearson have been so repetitive and offered such poor posting and limited reasoning for their points that many, including myself, find it very difficult to believe they aren't in fact just trolling and trying to wind people up. Which I'd say is fair game for being labelled moronic. If you look back at some of the threads during the bad run you will find it very difficult to deny this.

Lastly, when one is going into games hoping that we lose to put Pearson in trouble, I don't think one can have any complaints about others considering themselves a better supporter. That's the idea, and the main source of fuel for said 'Pearson-bummers', we are offering support.

Repetitive???

More repetitive than 'we have been changing managers for 10 years we need stability' or 'he got us promoted'.

I tend to agree with those who have posted anti NFP comments during the bad run but then I never wanted him back in the first place.

Lastly, I honestly don't think that anyone actually wants us to lose a game so that Pearson is in trouble.

Perhaps those who dislike Pearson and slate some of the players actually want what is best for the club rather than just giving blind loyalty.

Bentleys Roof is full of people who dislike Pearsons tactics, the majority of them still go to games and have been going regularly for, in the main, well in excess of 20 years, I hardly think they are poor supporters, they just remember when we were a Premier side and want us back there.

But do these people genuinely believe chopping and changing year on year is what'll get us out of this league? It's an expensive game and it's coming at a time where we have to cut back if anything.

Of course they don't, who would, they do believe in getting rid of managers who aren't up to it and believe that all those sacked in the last few years should have gone earlier.

Bloody good post that!

:thumbup:

However, that ones not so good.

There are clear reasons why Pearson gets criticised for anyone who wants to see.

Of course they don't, who would, they do believe in getting rid of managers who aren't up to it and believe that all those sacked in the last few years should have gone earlier.

But the majority seem happy to make up their minds on managers year on year.

I agree that our track record of managerial appointments has been appalling so it takes a shite manager to NOT be one of our best recent ones, but we're far too quick at Leicester, and in this country in general to make up our mind that something isn't good enough. Football fans don't have faith in building something over a few years anymore.

However, that ones not so good.

There are clear reasons why Pearson gets criticised for anyone who wants to see.

What do you mean? Yes there are clear reasons, and the people who support Pearson are aware of them as I made clear, but because we can also process his good aspects it doesn't seem quite as one-sided and simple as 'Coco iz shit! Sack the action-man trainer badger cvnt he has no tekkers'

I think the days of paying off managers contracts is long gone to a certain extent , clubs should honour managers contracts provided they show progress within there job, with NP he has next season to get us promotion if he doesn't it is goodbye because his contract will be up by then.

What do you mean? Yes there are clear reasons, and the people who support Pearson are aware of them as I made clear, but because we can also process his good aspects it doesn't seem quite as one-sided and simple as 'Coco iz shit! Sack the action-man trainer badger cvnt he has no tekkers'

Eh? lol

There are those that kiss Pearson's arris.

There are also those who criticise him for fun.

Some of us like to offer both sides of the coin... And have done consistently throughout.

Every so often I get called a 'Pearson hater' or equivalent but tis not true. I consider him a decent manager at this level, but nothing more than that.

A really good manager would have taken what Sven had done and somehow got us promoted last season. Pearson NEARLY did.. But a very good manager at this level would have achieved it IMO.

He's ok... There's aspects of him I rate, others I don't.

Finally, the thought of a forthcoming season with Pearson at the helm doesn't, I'm afraid, fill me with any great excitement or anticipation to be honest.

If he can turn around the pretty horrendous away form of last season, that's a start. But he couldn't last season and I'm not sure he will next season either. This is why I'm ambivalent toward him. I would not mind if we got in a younger bloke, fresh with new ideas on the game. Someone who wants to change the formation, liven things up a little and get us playing slick ball to feet stuff.

If you want to really get the best out of Jermaine Beckford for example (IF you do), that's how to do it.

Eh? lol

There are those that kiss Pearson's arris.

There are also those who criticise him for fun.

Some of us like to offer both sides of the coin... And have done consistently throughout.

Every so often I get called a 'Pearson hater' or equivalent but tis not true. I consider him a decent manager at this level, but nothing more than that.

A really good manager would have taken what Sven had done and somehow got us promoted last season. Pearson NEARLY did.. But a very good manager at this level would have achieved it IMO.

He's ok... There's aspects of him I rate, others I don't.

Finally, the thought of a forthcoming season with Pearson at the helm doesn't, I'm afraid, fill me with any great excitement or anticipation to be honest.

If he can turn around the pretty horrendous away form of last season, that's a start. But he couldn't last season and I'm not sure he will next season either. This is why I'm ambivalent toward him. I would not mind if we got in a younger bloke, fresh with new ideas on the game. Someone who wants to change the formation, liven things up a little and get us playing slick ball to feet stuff.

If you want to really get the best out of Jermaine Beckford for example (IF you do), that's how to do it.

Slick ball to feet stuff? That's the last system that would suit Beckford. I want Beckford gone but if we did play him in front of Knockaert (in CAM threading balls through like he did early season), I think he'd have hit more, the one thing I'll give Beckford is that he's a pretty decent finisher, I think his all-round game is appalling but if we did use him as a a pure poacher (in FM terms... lol) he would hit a fair few in front of Knockaert.

Neither Sven or Pearson played formations to suit him - but that doesn't mean I was one bit impressed with him, if he couldn't finish he'd be League Two at best.

Said it before Col. 3-4-1-2 with a couple of sensible, suitable additions and we'd be a very strong side in this league.

i fail to understand how pearson is still in a job here,its a farce in fact..i believe he should have been sacked after his 'clowns' comment and how he survived that dreadfull run of games is beyond me.the fact is he is a middle of the road manager who cannot and will not get us to the next level.fall outs with players,fall out with the local media and the fact his tatics are awful all add to the case he should be long gone by now...a mid table 'safe' season is on the cards with the badger at the helm

**** off and argue about Pearson in one of the thousand Pearson threads.

This is about the 'big friendly'

I can see it being a mid table team from England, Germany or France.

Would be very surprised if Pearson would choose a massive team.

Archived