Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterLuke91

Released Players - Take Your Pick

Swear Camp was at Norwich for half a season, now they're releasing him?

Think he was only signed on a short term deal as they had a keeper crisis. Ruddy broke his finger, then Rudd picked up an injury. Bunn the third choice played most the games in the second half of the season but had a couple of injuries and a suspension in the run in.

This would be a good team in my opinion:

GK Kasper Schmeichel

RB Ritchie De Laet

CB Wes Morgan

CB Alex Pearce/Elliot Ward

LB Nicky Shorey

RM Anthony Knockaert

CM Matty James

CM Andy King/Dean Whitehead

LM Jerome Thomas

ST Chris Wood

ST David Nugent/Sylvan Ebanks-Blake

All new players are free agents, so it's just wages to contend with. If we manage to get St Ledger, Konchesky, Wellens, Danns, Gallagher, and Beckford off the wage budget, I can see us bringing in these players, who are not just better, but will surely have reduced wage demands in comparison.

This would be a good team in my opinion:

GK Kasper Schmeichel

RB Ritchie De Laet

CB Wes Morgan

CB Alex Pearce/Elliot Ward

LB Nicky Shorey

RM Anthony Knockaert

CM Matty James

CM Andy King/Dean Whitehead

LM Jerome Thomas

ST Chris Wood

ST David Nugent/Sylvan Ebanks-Blake

All new players are free agents, so it's just wages to contend with. If we manage to get St Ledger, Konchesky, Wellens, Danns, Gallagher, and Beckford off the wage budget, I can see us bringing in these players, who are not just better, but will surely have reduced wage demands in comparison.

wasn't he linked with spurs ?  :blink:

GK - Turnbull/Camp if Schmeichel leaves and we can't get Westwood

CB - Ward/Upson

LB - Shorey

CM - Whitehead/Gera/O'Neil

CF - Cole

Out of all of those released players though the one who fits the mould of what we need most, even if a little unrealistic in terms of being able to get, is Mahamadou Diarra.

GK - Turnbull/Camp if Schmeichel leaves and we can't get Westwood

CB - Ward/Upson

LB - Shorey

CM - Whitehead/Gera/O'Neil

CF - Cole

Out of all of those released players though the one who fits the mould of what we need most, even if a little unrealistic in terms of being able to get, is Mahamadou Diarra.

I wouldn't want Camp, absolute tool.

Gera's not really a CM to be honest

I like Baird he is a good defender he could slot in nicely next to Wes. Also Di Santo could find his level in the championship and score a good number of goals.

The Argentine international? I though I was deluded...

Pearce

Jerome Thomas 

Simeon Jackson

...............................kasper

de laet......morgan..................pearce........?

Thomas...King.......................James.........Dyer

...............Wood....................Jackson

Why's everyone suddenly dropping our top scorer?!

Because the second half of the season showed just how unreliable he is, and if wood was here longer, he would have scored me.

I also think someone like simeon jackson offers more than nuge, his pace is a huge bonus.

Most of these released players are so old, we need more energy throughout the squad, not OAP's.

Usually I would agree, but I feel if anything we lacked the experience to see us through to the end last season. Just because your old doesn't mean you lack energy either!

Most of these released players are so old, we need more energy throughout the squad, not OAP's.

Kevin Phillips, Abdoulaye Faye, Craig Bellamy. 39, 35 & 33. Loan, free transfer, free transfer. Promoted, promoted, promoted. 

Only ones to bother looking at in my opinion are Ronnie Stam, Franco Di Santo, Simon Church, Elliot Ward, Ross Turnbull and Lee Camp. Might be worth an attempt at Carlton Cole and Jermaine Pennant and Matt Upson and Wayne Bridge proved their quality at Brighton last season. 

In all honesty even then all of those would mostly be squad players.

EDIT: Didn't see Reading sign Wayne Bridge  so disregard that one!

Richard Dunne at this level would be a good signing.

Gera's an amazing player and knows the division well.

Hitzelsperger and Gary O'Neil but we'd have to lose at least one of the other CMs to accomodate them.

Carlton Cole has enough ability for this level but would he actually fit in? Two guys over 6ft up front (presuming Nuge is pushed aside) would be a liberty for aimless long balls.

Insider Knowledge! Michele Fornasier has been a great free transfer signing from Utd for me on Football Manager, so obviously that means we'd be mad not to snap him up.

Archived