Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MarkHowieLCFC

Why we'll always love our LCFC...just one memory each at a time :-)

Barnsley away the day Leeds went down and it kept both teams safe. I'm not one of these anti-Leeds people but that was an absolutely amazing day. 5,000 fans there, amazing atmosphere and the first time I'd ever seen us win away in the league lol Puts the last pair of trips to Barnsley to shame.

Barnsley away the day Leeds went down and it kept both teams safe. I'm not one of these anti-Leeds people but that was an absolutely amazing day. 5,000 fans there, amazing atmosphere and the first time I'd ever seen us win away in the league lol Puts the last pair of trips to Barnsley to shame.

Agree with that! I was at the very back of the stand, that was my first visit to Oakwell as well, and it has become one of my favourite grounds.

I recall a pitch invasion by the Barnsley fans!!

375_98340135012_6451_n.jpg

Agree with that! I was at the very back of the stand, that was my first visit to Oakwell as well, and it has become one of my favourite grounds.

I recall a pitch invasion by the Barnsley fans!!

lol I thought the same. I've been 5 times and it's actually gradually got worse every time.

Yeh that was decent lol

Yeh that was decent lol

Up there with my favourite ever away I'd say. The similarities that followed the year after were utterly spooky. Only this time we went down in the end.

Can even remember my Dad walking up to Barnsley. "It would be typical Leicester for us to go and win today and then lose to Sheff Weds in a game where a win would keep us up". I swear his cynicism has turned me the same way lol

I have to say if I'd been slightly older and at the game nothing would compare to beating Derby in the PO final. I've never been Wembley with leicester so don't have that many good memories of celebratory something at a game worth much value.

I think the best one that sums up our club is the 3-2 win v spurs after being annihilated in the opening 45 mins.

Archived