Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MarkHowieLCFC

Why we'll always love our LCFC...just one memory each at a time :-)

The Tony James goal that kept us up in 1990 ish?

Was at that game, but i had only been going for a couple of years and didn't really understand how much it meant to the club at the time.

Was only when we finally went down to L1 that I realised how few clubs had never been out the top 2 divisions, hated that summer as ever news report started with "for the 1st time in history"

As I mentioned the muzzy scoring at watford earlier, I'm now going to add Parker at Stoke, what a night, Even when the whole of the Home end emptied on to the pitch and came straight for the away end it didn't stop the celebrations, a few of the players inc lennon who was by this time stripped to his pants didn't look to impressed when they realsied mind.

Was at that game, but i had only been going for a couple of years and didn't really understand how much it meant to the club at the time.

Was only when we finally went down to L1 that I realised how few clubs had never been out the top 2 divisions, hated that summer as ever news report started with "for the 1st time in history"

As I mentioned the muzzy scoring at watford earlier, I'm now going to add Parker at Stoke, what a night, Even when the whole of the Home end emptied on to the pitch and came straight for the away end it didn't stop the celebrations, a few of the players inc lennon who was by this time stripped to his pants didn't look to impressed when they realsied mind.

Yes that night at stoke was epic. My dad had to tell me to stop grinning outside the ground as the local Neanderthals were looking for people to beat their clubs on. God stoke was a backward god forsaken place back then,at least with the new road you can get through the dump in minutes rather than hours now.

The first game my dad ever took me too was the final game of the 83 season,we had to win to guarantee promotion.We drew nil nil but still went up as I think Fulham also drew.I was only 10 and the only thing I remember was the noise and asking my dad why there wasn't any commentary.Will always stay with me.

The first game my dad ever took me too was the final game of the 83 season,we had to win to guarantee promotion.We drew nil nil but still went up as I think Fulham also drew.I was only 10 and the only thing I remember was the noise and asking my dad why there wasn't any commentary.Will always stay with me.

I invaded the pitch as well. We were all nervously waiting for the Fulham result. The game had been delayed because of crowd encroachment onto the pitch, and the referee actually ended the game early. It's a pity that in the modern age, there are unlikely to be such impromptu pitch celebrations.

Brilliant thread - thanks.  Such great memories.

Also loved the 2 PO semi's v Portsmouth in 1992 (I think).  Winning at Forest (as our "home" game) and then getting through at Portsmouth.  Both fantastic memories.  Loved revisiting others through this thread, plus many more (and hopefully more to come)...

The best goal and celabration ever.

weller in his tights against norwich. They had gave him so much sh1t all game and then his wonder goal. He ran behind the goal and down to pen one and just pointed down at his tights they must have been fvcking gutted lol lol lol

I remember that game, think it was the last time we had about 30'000 at the old Filbo before they reduced the capacity. Atmosphere was great

I remember that game, think it was the last time we had about 30'000 at the old Filbo before they reduced the capacity. Atmosphere was great

I got into PEN3 at around 1.30pm. By 2.00pm, the ground was full. I think that Trevor Steven and Lee Dixon played for Burnley. Lineker missed the game due to injury and had to watch anxiously from the dug out. Our most dangerous player was Robm Jones, who had scored the previous week (? on his debut) against Oldham in a vital 2-1 victory.

I got into PEN3 at around 1.30pm. By 2.00pm, the ground was full. I think that Trevor Steven and Lee Dixon played for Burnley. Lineker missed the game due to injury and had to watch anxiously from the dug out. Our most dangerous player was Robm Jones, who had scored the previous week (? on his debut) against Oldham in a vital 2-1 victory.

I think my brother had to watch the game laying on top of one of the old hot dog stands if I remember rightly as it was that packed

Stevie Howard at home against Leeds. Never forget knocking tea/coffee/hot chocolate over some random womans lightly coloured trousers as me and her husband/boyfriend were hugging and jumping around.

You physically can't explain the feeling of Leicester scoring a goal, especially in particular important games. Last minute winners are just beautiful, just beautiful!

An away win at notts county about 20 years ago in the pouring rain stands out aswell think about 1991/92 ish?

What a night. Absolutely drenched with thousands of city fans on that open terrace, singing in the rain. A famous win, nots county were premier league at the time I think and it marked the start of a great decade for city after the previous seasons of pleat. Enjoy.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=-ODjiCQHHuw

will never forget this : joining the M1 at Northampton on the way to the play off final with Palace and every car , van , coach being covered in flags , scarves , banners , balloons . brought a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye ...

Keane's header against Cardiff this season, most I've ever celebrated a goal. Really felt like we were on our out of our bad run at that point.

Great night until the last min.Loved it when we sang "we'll always be blue" to there fans and all holding up our scarfs.Im easily pleased.

1974 fa cup semi final reply against Liverpool mid week at a packed Villa Park when the cup was the best club knock out competition in the world. I was in my early teens. We filled the Holte End when it was all terraced, and part of the side stands. When we equalised, waves of hundreds of city fans falling forwards. We sang a brilliant "never walk alone" with loads of scarves (all clubs' fans sang it then). Fantastic until Keegan and Toshack combined to score their winning wonder goal. What a great city team - exciting, classy, attacking with real stars.

Archived