Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MarkHowieLCFC

Why we'll always love our LCFC...just one memory each at a time :-)

My first memory. Going to Filbert Street for my first match to see us play Northampton in the FA Cup as a 7 year old. 4-0 win, a penalty, a red card, everything you could want from your first match, it was love at first sight. I walked away thinking we were Brazil, and the only specific memory I have is my dad warning me that it isn't always like that  lol

And he was right. My second match we lost 3-0 at Palace in the next round, Elliot played dreadfully and we were shocking. That only increased the love of watching them, I wouldn't change it for anything.

375_98340135012_6451_n.jpg

lol I thought the same. I've been 5 times and it's actually gradually got worse every time.

I was there for that, a Leicester fan spat on me from a minibus as we were walking away from the ground - ****ing mug.

Great game and it turned out Barnsley was a cracking night out too.

When Big Marsh scored the goal to put us one up at Atletico Madrid. The celebrations were unreal. Seeing us play in Europe was a dream come true.

Such an amazing trip (35 hour coach journey!) & a couple of days after my 18th birthday, had random people buying me drinks on the ferry over!

Great thread! Brought back some fantastic memories.

I would say the 96 PO final but I can't remember much, the last thing I do remember is Walsh's ball to Muzzy for the penalty, after that it all goes fuzzy.

If I had to choose one I'd go for a night match at Filbo, walking up the stairs in the DD, that green pitch illuminated under the floodlights. A 1-0 against Villa in 97 sticks out, but it has to be the Arsenal game a few months later. It had it all: One of the best City teams ever, one of the best Arsenal teams ever, one of the best individual performances ever... and Walsh's header....his face.... jesus wept it still sends shivers down my spine.

00 against Tranmere to see us win at Wembley, made even sweeter after being there the year before and watching Spurs snatch it in injury time.

Red Star in the Uefa Cup as well, was only 7 but I remember all the smoke from the flares and them scoring through it lol

The first game my dad ever took me too was the final game of the 83 season,we had to win to guarantee promotion.We drew nil nil but still went up as I think Fulham also drew.I was only 10 and the only thing I remember was the noise and asking my dad why there wasn't any commentary.Will always stay with me.

The first game my dad ever took me too was the final game of the 83 season,we had to win to guarantee promotion.We drew nil nil but still went up as I think Fulham also drew.I was only 10 and the only thing I remember was the noise and asking my dad why there wasn't any commentary.Will always stay with me.

My first pitch invasion. :D

Guest bss9401

Mine are Thommo vs Swindon, Walsh v sheep and the 1981 2-1 win at Anfield. Loads of others. On reflection I recall beating Swindon 3-2 from  being 2-0 down in the last 10 mins. Dull opposition, dull evening, low crowd and just an average league game. I went as crazy as ever when we scored the winner and memories like that make me realise how much it all means. 

Old timer to you lot so gotta be Orient away

14k crowd 13k city faithfull sunderland need to win at cardiff and we are runners up.

us 1 up people huddled round radio's cheers going up cos cardiff score then 1-1.

then the bigest cheers ever cardiff 2-1 then 13k of champion fans on the pitch.

jon o'niel stripped as the party commenced we even took the goal posts home that day :D  :D  :D  :scarf:

Be patient the good times are only round the corner. I can feel it.

The O'Neill years looked to me like they ticked every single box. If that is bettered any time soon I'll be surprised.

We're not a terrible club to support by any means but I definitely think it's worse than it used to be.

Archived