Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Adster

Destiny

The beta was thoroughly refreshing. Especially playing with mates. 

I've seen a lot of people slate Destiny for being another same old FPS shooter. How on earth is that true? It infuses two different types of game modes. Whilst player interaction with strangers is limited little aspects such as the social tower and the weapons/Armour and bounty vendors, life bars on targets and the ability to see other players is a breath a fresh air and it's something I've wanted to see in an FPS for a long time. I like it.

Seen that end-game Destiny raids can only be played with friends. That might be a shame for some people who want to enter raids but have limited friends on their console. 

I can't wait for the game to come out. Definite day-one buy for me.

• 2 weeks later...

down to £40 too at Amazon

Yes, so is Far Cry 4 and AC: Unity.  I'm not reading too much into that price reduction(?) but it's good to see titles finally hitting at or below the £40 mark.

Far Cry 4 looks more impressive than Destiny imo.  I still think the initial Destiny package won't contain as much content as they're trying to let on - the big giveaway being that we have been told it's one map per planet.  Four planets in total?  I'm sure it will be added to with countless DLCs down the line though.

• 2 weeks later...

£10 per planet?

lol, i dunno...not took my interest in the news on it, tended to keep away from it, its not bad if your in a group tbh.

SimplyGames they are pretty good for pre-orders, paid 45 notes.

nice, they are a decent company.....only thing that puts me off buying from them is the fact they've regularly sent out PAL 2(Not for Sale in the UK) copies.

SimplyGames they are pretty good for pre-orders, paid 45 notes.

They're ok.

Thief was sold to me as a "not for sale in the UK" copy.

The Last of Us Remastered arrived as a legit copy although was loose inside the case.  Slight mark on the disc as a result.

Amazon and Shopto have been 100% fine.

To be fair i didnt play the beta but have concerns over how much content there is going to be in this.

I have played a few mmo's but never on a console for obvious reasons, from what bungie are saying it is very quick and simple to max out your toon and then the game really begins with the end game raids/pvp for epic loot......i just hope they dont go down the root of blizzard and make it too easy because people moan its a grind to level up and get a big shiny gun.

An example of a great mmo is eve online but that is probably way to hardcore for the average console gamer who likes instant gratification.

Watched about 15 minutes of the IGN stream of what is claimed to be the full version of the game. 

Plays no different to the beta version - it's exactly the same.

There's hardly any enemies on the map and it's just running from A to B across big maps with hardly anything to do.  When there is action, there's about 4 enemies and it's a case of strafe in and out of cover and take shots. 

May as well be Doom on the 386.

Not convinced at all by this, someone change my mind.

I will let you know soon sir as I will be picking it up in about an hour.

Indeed.  Cheers.

The loading times are also dreadful.  Masking the time spent waiting by looking at the ship flying through space.  Seem to remember Thief was slated for its lack of immersion with loading screens.

No doubt the reviews will "miss" that one with this.

Archived