Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Adster

Destiny

The first review of Bungie's brand new sci-fi IP, Destiny has finally arrived. A french gaming website "Musga" has awarded Destiny an average review score of just 6 out of 10. The publication states that Destiny feels repetitive as it offers same tasks and situations in every planet.

Also, there are only 3 classes with little distinctions between them. The website called the plot/story of Destiny "Uninspired" with no memorable characters. Weapons and gear designs have very little to no variety.

Can a French website be trusted?

The first review of Bungie's brand new sci-fi IP, Destiny has finally arrived. A french gaming website "Musga" has awarded Destiny an average review score of just 6 out of 10. The publication states that Destiny feels repetitive as it offers same tasks and situations in every planet.

Also, there are only 3 classes with little distinctions between them. The website called the plot/story of Destiny "Uninspired" with no memorable characters. Weapons and gear designs have very little to no variety.

so for a online only game where the servers only went up yesterday at 12 noon; & they've already give it a review score....they must have played it solid or something 14hrs + then.

if it had an offline mode and all that jazz...then maybe i'd trust the review from them....so i call BS on it

After the servers have been up for less than 24 hours, what do you think.

Drop the hate campaign it's getting boring.

After the servers have been up for less than 24 hours, what do you think.

Drop the hate campaign it's getting boring.

This.

I think legend in blue has some sort of bias hatred towards it. It's really been a great game so far.

You can go for additional gear beyond level 20 by going for challenges and weekly update challenges from the devs. I don't think you upgrade your level as such, just go for better gear.

It's a grind to level 20 and then the game begins. Apparently. No idea of what this involves because the review houses aren't there yet and they won't give anything away til they are.

Cue the game is bought en mass anyway and nobody is any wiser.

Ok so I agree the French review is a little harsh but they've covered their backs with the comments warning against early reviews. They're quids in now in any case, game is flying off the shelves.

From what I've seen, it's an extended beta to level 20 instead of 8. Then what happens? We want answers!

User reviews are flooding in...

This made me laugh:

"Currently 5 hours in and I'm already beginning to stare at my paint drying rather than fulfil another "fetch questy" type mission with all the enthusiasm of an exorcism."

lol

Sounds right to me though:

"It's not that it's a bad game, it just could've been so much more in my opinion. The gameplay is fun and polished, although a little bit repetitive. I just wish there was more to the story and the characters. There is something about the world in this game that's not drawing me in like Mass Effect did. There's fun to be had in this game, I just don't think it's anything special."

I'd go with that.

User reviews are flooding in...

This made me laugh:

"Currently 5 hours in and I'm already beginning to stare at my paint drying rather than fulfil another "fetch questy" type mission with all the enthusiasm of an exorcism."

lol

Sounds right to me though:

"It's not that it's a bad game, it just could've been so much more in my opinion. The gameplay is fun and polished, although a little bit repetitive. I just wish there was more to the story and the characters. There is something about the world in this game that's not drawing me in like Mass Effect did. There's fun to be had in this game, I just don't think it's anything special."

I'd go with that.

I dont like to fall out with people, so please dont take this the wrong way.

Stop pissing on everyones chips

Played for pretty much the whole of last night, got to level 10, hoping to grind to 15 tonight and be 20 by the weekend. The raids you unlock after getting to level 20 look really interesting, rest of the game is pretty much what u expected from playing the beta. Having fun with it so far, just hope the endgame content keeps me coming back because the campaign seems pretty short.

Ok. I'll behave.

Seriously though mate it's alright hating it if you've actually played it for a considerate amount of time to pass a solid judgement on it.

It's alright listening and taking these reviews after a day as gospel but you don't know for real wether you'd like it or hate it until YOU have played it for yourself.

Edit:

Glad I've got a break from it until tomorrow night. I have a level 18 Titan and I've already played the game for a good 15 hours. lol

There are levels after the level 20 cap. However they're called 'light levels' but you still get high level gear and levelling up bars to 21,22,23 etc.

What's the crucible like Frank? I haven't played it yet. Was thinking about starting competitive multiplayer when I reach level 20.

Alrighty you've all had a couple of days

For those of you who've actually played a decent amount of the game, or at least got the game (i.e not LiB) is it worth buying, and is it worthy buying a new console for. I do struggle to see how it's going to be that ground breaking from what I've herd and is more than likely just going to be another 8/10 next gen release and I don't want to spend £400 on a pretty generic game. 

I'll chip in on this one.  I don't think its as good as made out from what I've played of it so far.  But I guess I was always going to struggle with it because I wasn't a massive fan of Halo and this game plays out more or less the same in terms of gunplay.

It looks nice and plays really well it has to be said but its just...well...a bit boring.  It may grow on me as admittedly, I've only given this about 6 or 7 hours so far but I don't think its all what its cracked up to be.  Its another Watchdogs in my opinion.  Will split the crowd opinion wise.  

For me, its maybe a 6 or 7 out of 10, so far.  

Reviews are starting to come out now on Gamerankings (currently has an 82% ranking - this is only professional review scores, no user scores)  so it seems to be liked in general.

Alrighty you've all had a couple of days

For those of you who've actually played a decent amount of the game, or at least got the game (i.e not LiB) is it worth buying, and is it worthy buying a new console for. I do struggle to see how it's going to be that ground breaking from what I've herd and is more than likely just going to be another 8/10 next gen release and I don't want to spend £400 on a pretty generic game.

I wouldn't recommend buying a new console for a multiformat release if you haven't done so already.

AC Unity might begin to sway those sitting on the fence like yourself.

Archived