Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Adster

Destiny

Deffo a fan of the competitive multiplayer on this, it's a blast with friends. It's great bar the annoying, utterly awful voice over guy.

Bit annoying however that a fireteam in co-op can only have up to three players in. I'd like to play the co-op with all my friends and sometimes we have to leave someone out.

awful voice acting seems to be a theme. Even Dinklage is so blan

Ouch.

At least Driveclub is free, to some extent. Will it deliver though or are we in for another flop?

Driveclub has looked terrible since they announced it would be released.

Barely any cars, not much upgrading etc....

Looks poor compared to the likes of forza.

I reckon I might have to play something else soon as already have a lvl 22 warlock and lvl 19 hunter.

?

You haven't completed the level 26 raid they released today....in fact no one in the world has.

It takes around 16-24 hours to complete

A few more negative reviews and it's on a par with Knack. lol

Without wishing to stray off-topic I have to vent my feelings. I was in Game the other day and tried the PS4 for the first time. I played Knack. It looked like a mediocre PS2 game and played like the really rubbish spinoff levels off a rubbish 3D Sonic game (and they're terrible). Who the hell was that game aimed at? Why was it made?

Even the worst FPS couldn't possibly be as worthless as Knack. As long as you can press a button which causes the character to fire a gun, it's a better game than Knack. Knack is like deer droppings in a bag of Revels. It looks like it's going to be a videogame, then a couple of mushes round the mouth tells you "I've been tricked into eating deer droppings"

Long story short, I hated my 5 minutes with Knack so much (and it was the last game I played) that Destiny is probably very good by comparison.

The game seems to have capped me at level 21. Whenever I get any type of rare engram it just gives me a mote of light...

It's random, I had that with the decoherent engrams. I kept getting strange coin after strange coin. I put in the end down to coincidence as after a few of them the rewards picked up! 

Been playing random strike playlists with friends today, grinding up the new monarchy ranks. Along with playing a lot of the crucible and getting the crucible marks I just need a higher new monarchy rank to buy some legendary gear.

Without wishing to stray off-topic I have to vent my feelings. I was in Game the other day and tried the PS4 for the first time. I played Knack. It looked like a mediocre PS2 game and played like the really rubbish spinoff levels off a rubbish 3D Sonic game (and they're terrible). Who the hell was that game aimed at? Why was it made?

Even the worst FPS couldn't possibly be as worthless as Knack. As long as you can press a button which causes the character to fire a gun, it's a better game than Knack. Knack is like deer droppings in a bag of Revels. It looks like it's going to be a videogame, then a couple of mushes round the mouth tells you "I've been tricked into eating deer droppings"

Long story short, I hated my 5 minutes with Knack so much (and it was the last game I played) that Destiny is probably very good by comparison.

LiB liked it lol

Think these were pro-gamers so probably on the spin, not sure how it all works, just read an article on IGN about it.

And to be frank, I found Knack wholly inoffensive, can't see how anyone could get wound up at a below average game, try going back to the Snes/Genesis days where you brought licensed games without knowing anything about them or a word of mouth review just to find out the one game your parents were going to buy you in that 6 month period was absolutely awful, not Knack, functioning, does what it says on the tin awful, Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde awful.

Think these were pro-gamers so probably on the spin, not sure how it all works, just read an article on IGN about it.

And to be frank, I found Knack wholly inoffensive, can't see how anyone could get wound up at a below average game, try going back to the Snes/Genesis days where you brought licensed games without knowing anything about them or a word of mouth review just to find out the one game your parents were going to buy you in that 6 month period was absolutely awful, not Knack, functioning, does what it says on the tin awful, Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde awful.

But times have changed - sure there are plenty of terrible games these days, days that don't live up to their promise, but Knack is just nothing. 

I think it was a mix of design-by-commitee, lack of inspiration and working to a short deadline. The gameplay is stale and uses half-baked ideas knicked off far better games but nothing ties together. The visual style is garbage - obviously nothing could be agreed during the development stage so someone must have suggested "cartoony" but "a bit metally". This is the same studio that made the Ape Escape series, Locoroco, Patapon, all really imaginative games. And they came out with possibly the most underwhelming launch game ever.

When I was 7 I saved up £30 - took months of flogging old toys and washing cars, went into Game not knowing whether to buy Zelda or Garfield Labyrinth for my Gameboy (Zelda being widely regarded as the best GB game that ever came out, I liked the Garfield cartoon, and assumed the game would be fun).

I got home and played this

It plays even worse than it looks. Hadn't read any reviews as I don't think there were any in the magazines I had. Absolute shambles of a game and I felt cheated, but it being a puzzle/platformer game at least it killed some time.

If that situation came about now and I was a child who'd just spent months of savings on Knack, I'd be devastated. 2 minutes of playing tells you this was made by a development team that just couldn't be arsed. They just wanted some work off their desk. There are indie games with more substance. There are indie games on phones that are free with better gameplay and more impressive visual style. It would have been better if it actually was terrible, the fact that Knack is so mediocre in every department for me makes it worse than just a glitchy game, or a game with bad graphics/controls

Just my thoughts  lol

But times have changed - sure there are plenty of terrible games these days, days that don't live up to their promise, but Knack is just nothing. 

I think it was a mix of design-by-commitee, lack of inspiration and working to a short deadline. The gameplay is stale and uses half-baked ideas knicked off far better games but nothing ties together. The visual style is garbage - obviously nothing could be agreed during the development stage so someone must have suggested "cartoony" but "a bit metally". This is the same studio that made the Ape Escape series, Locoroco, Patapon, all really imaginative games. And they came out with possibly the most underwhelming launch game ever.

When I was 7 I saved up £30 - took months of flogging old toys and washing cars, went into Game not knowing whether to buy Zelda or Garfield Labyrinth for my Gameboy (Zelda being widely regarded as the best GB game that ever came out, I liked the Garfield cartoon, and assumed the game would be fun).

I got home and played this

It plays even worse than it looks. Hadn't read any reviews as I don't think there were any in the magazines I had. Absolute shambles of a game and I felt cheated, but it being a puzzle/platformer game at least it killed some time.

If that situation came about now and I was a child who'd just spent months of savings on Knack, I'd be devastated. 2 minutes of playing tells you this was made by a development team that just couldn't be arsed. They just wanted some work off their desk. There are indie games with more substance. There are indie games on phones that are free with better gameplay and more impressive visual style. It would have been better if it actually was terrible, the fact that Knack is so mediocre in every department for me makes it worse than just a glitchy game, or a game with bad graphics/controls

Just my thoughts  lol

Some fair points in there, but as you say, times have changed - so kids are much, much more clued up than we were in the Snes/Genesis days, reviews are a click away (any kid playing a PS4 can use the internet) and if you do get home and find the game is crap, you're straight down Cex with your mum and you can basically swap it for another game. I'm not denying Knack was well below average (though a few mates kids loved it) but it's nothing like the same as when I was 7 in '94, poor games will always exist, but avoiding them or not being anywhere near as out of pocket from them is so easy these days it's not the issue for kids like it was. I'm much more offended by games like BF4 that don't work for 6 months, or games like Destiny that promise the world and deliver an above average shooter with light elements of other genres.

Some indie games are better than Knack, but if I were to list my 3 favourite games of the last 12 months (that I've played) you're looked at Fez, Velocity 2x and Hotline Miami, imo all much, much better than Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4, CoD, Ryse, Watch Dogs, Destiny, Forza, Infamous etc etc. The AAA market is stale as old chips and the Indie games are where it's at, I've played (a few listed to completion or many hours multiplayer) on friends PS4's but always come away feeling underwhelmed and jump straight back on my Vita thinking there better be a reason for me to pick up a PS4 soon or I might not bother at all.

Archived