Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Adster

Destiny

I'd say pick up a copy, I wouldn't buy a console to pick it up. I think the hype has partly ruined it for some people. But for me, I enjoy it. It has too many flaws to be one of those games you buy a console for. I have scarcely touched the multiplayer as of yet so all of my opinions are based on single player

• Gameplay is enjoyable, quite Halo-esque it doesn't feel ground breaking however
  • Graphics are quite fabulous 
  • I quite enjoyed the character creation, but it does feel a little base. Fine with the classes, felt there could have been a few more races and some more information on the races. I'm an awoken but I have no idea what this race is apart from being a blueish colour
  • Missions are fun at the beginning and then begin to grate slightly, they recycle the same NPCs for each mission which I wouldn't have minded if the same NPCs were the enemies in one world and then on another you discover more, but it's just the same with different mission layouts unfortunately. 
  • Upgrades feel a bit basic too, would have liked something like the elder scrolls games do where you pick what to upgrade rather than just unlocking one upgrade each level up
  • Oh and this might be a nitpick, but the voice acting is disgustingly horrible

Alrighty you've all had a couple of days

For those of you who've actually played a decent amount of the game, or at least got the game (i.e not LiB) is it worth buying, and is it worthy buying a new console for. I do struggle to see how it's going to be that ground breaking from what I've herd and is more than likely just going to be another 8/10 next gen release and I don't want to spend £400 on a pretty generic game. 

No Video Game in History alone worth the purchase of a console/PC. It would be like buying a TV just to watch one tv programme.

As for the game itself, yes it is worth a purchase. It is the best FPS MMO to be released on console history (although that is not hard), and contains many interesting aspects yet to be seen on a console format.

The reason for the negativity is simple, console folk are not used to this type of game before. Although not a classic MMO, it is arguably in a better state than say World of Warcraft during its own release.

An MMO can only be judged after at the very least 12 months after release. We are yet to see the content of DLC, raids etc...

No Video Game in History alone worth the purchase of a console/PC. It would be like buying a TV just to watch one tv programme.

As for the game itself, yes it is worth a purchase. It is the best FPS MMO to be released on console history (although that is not hard), and contains many interesting aspects yet to be seen on a console format.

The reason for the negativity is simple, console folk are not used to this type of game before. Although not a classic MMO, it is arguably in a better state than say World of Warcraft during its own release.

An MMO can only be judged after at the very least 12 months after release. We are yet to see the content of DLC, raids etc...

You could say no League Two web forum is worth signing up to when you support a premier league club, yet some people do it. Mainly ones with IQ's of a door knob. Wouldn't you say so?

Alrighty you've all had a couple of days

For those of you who've actually played a decent amount of the game, or at least got the game (i.e not LiB) is it worth buying, and is it worthy buying a new console for. I do struggle to see how it's going to be that ground breaking from what I've herd and is more than likely just going to be another 8/10 next gen release and I don't want to spend £400 on a pretty generic game.

I'd honestly buy it on your 360 if you aren't that fussed about screen resolution. You'll have just as much fun playing it on last gen than you would current gen.

Saying that though, fifa 15 drops pretty soon and you don't really want to play that on anything other than the ps4 or the xbox one. The previous gen versions are abysmal compared to the current gen.

Played the crucible for the first time last night. Overall competitive multiplayer is pretty good but it seems that if you want to have an advantage just become a hunter and run around with an arcane knife and golden gun. Definitely OP.

Also, the voice over for the crucible is absolutely fvcking dreadful. lol

I'd honestly buy it on your 360 if you aren't that fussed about screen resolution. You'll have just as much fun playing it on last gen than you would current gen.

Saying that though, fifa 15 drops pretty soon and you don't really want to play that on anything other than the ps4 or the xbox one. The previous gen versions are abysmal compared to the current gen.

Yes. The FIFA Thing did occur to me this morning. Then there is Unity as well and the PS4 isn't going to drop in price between now and Unity's release..........and not to mention I've avoided every decent release game on all consoles like Black Flag, Watch Dogs, etc etc.

.......It could be time to make a purchase I think. 

Just to add to the gameplay side of things...

http://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12133

It is nice to see that Bungie are continuing to add constant 'free' content to the game, which of course they will need to do if they wish to make the IP last '10 years'.

Also a point of note. There is currently a new 'vendor' in the tower selling rare gear only available during week-ends I believe. Some black market dude.

The game is 'samey' to an extent, but all MMO's are.....those who bought this game who are currently have problems with the gameplay simply do not understand this.

The new crucible mode this week-end is very good also, much more my cup of tea.

Watchdogs harnessed the same feelings that Destiny does right now.

You buy, justify in any which way possible why it's decent, and for a while it is.

Then you put it down, think why that happened, and don't go back to it.

There's a ton of content in both games, but I'd rather take excellence in small doses than the same old same old which pretends to be next gen but just wrapped up in a different way.

Look deep enough and nothings changed gameplay wise.

It wont until 360/ps3 are dropped completely. Even then I'm not convinced a change will happen.

Watchdogs harnessed the same feelings that Destiny does right now.

You buy, justify in any which way possible why it's decent, and for a while it is.

Then you put it down, think why that happened, and don't go back to it.

There's a ton of content in both games, but I'd rather take excellence in small doses than the same old same old which pretends to be next gen but just wrapped up in a different way.

Look deep enough and nothings changed gameplay wise.

It wont until 360/ps3 are dropped completely. Even then I'm not convinced a change will happen.

But you haven't even got the game have you?

And comparing Watch Dogs to Destiny is strange, considering they are totally different games, its like comparing a thriller to a comedy and then complaining the thriller was not as funny.

From what I have seen so far, Destiny has plenty of reasons for people to continue playing. For example this week-end there is a brand new multiplayer mode, in addition to a new vendor selling 'exotic loot' yet to be seen in the game.

On Tuesday there is a brand new raid, at level 26, for everyone to gain new xp, loot etc...

With a further two events planned for this months alone....in addition to further events every month, and DLC in December.

This game will have plenty for players 'over time'....

Edit:

Forgot to add there is also a daily challenge which brings a brand new mission on a daily basis per class, so if you had three characters that is 3 new missions every day.

No I haven't. The beta was enough to convince me not to buy the game. They might be both completely different games but they're also very similar in that they were completely overhyped, promised more than they actually delivered and ultimately are a disappointment for what they represent.

It's getting 7s and 8s, just like Watchdogs.

I'd hope that people expect more from next gen than just a generic and solid fps experience, if not, this generation of consoles is going to be a huge disappointment.

I think people expect too much from next gen. As if those 2 words and a shiny console automatically mean your mind has to blown by every game. Shooters will be shooters, racers, racers and rpgs etc. Better graphics, smoother gameplay is next gen. Stop waiting for something thats never been seen before, its all been done

No I haven't. The beta was enough to convince me not to buy the game. They might be both completely different games but they're also very similar in that they were completely overhyped, promised more than they actually delivered and ultimately are a disappointment for what they represent.

It's getting 7s and 8s, just like Watchdogs.

I'd hope that people expect more from next gen than just a generic and solid fps experience, if not, this generation of consoles is going to be a huge disappointment.

Generic FPS?

This is the first ever FPS/MMO to be released on consoles, next gen or otherwise.

The problem you have with the game is clear now, it isn't what you thought, because you clearly do not understand the genre.

Some people do not like RPG games...or FPS, MMO, Sports, Arcade etc...it is all personal preference. But this is exactly what is says, an FPS/MMO. The first of its kind on console.

Your complaints of 'There is only X number of Planets', 'The story is not long enough' etc...Fail to realise what an MMO is......the game will expand over time as we have already seen this week-end.

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/destiny-review/1900-6415863/

Got 6/10 from Gamespot, and I always trust gamespot reviews. They tend to correct for me about 95% of the time. I was really excited about this guy but from what i've heard its pretty repetitive and I already own a loot hording game (diablo reaper of souls)

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/destiny-review/1900-6415863/

Got 6/10 from Gamespot, and I always trust gamespot reviews. They tend to correct for me about 95% of the time. I was really excited about this guy but from what i've heard its pretty repetitive and I already own a loot hording game (diablo reaper of souls)

Has a lot more to do than Diablo...

E.g. New missions on a daily basis.

Archived