Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Adster

Destiny

"With its banal universe and flavorless style, Destiny is packed with content, but just ... well ... content. There's a great PvP mode, and the leveling system can be rewarding, but nonetheless this is a pretty, rock-solid, ultimately pedestrian product."

Amen to that.

Comparing this to Diablo isn't fair on Diablo. 90 vs. 75. It's the third highest ranking game on PS4 for a reason.

Even Watchdogs manages 80. A few more negative reviews and it's on a par with Knack. lol

No I haven't. The beta was enough to convince me not to buy the game. They might be both completely different games but they're also very similar in that they were completely overhyped, promised more than they actually delivered and ultimately are a disappointment for what they represent.

It's getting 7s and 8s, just like Watchdogs.

I'd hope that people expect more from next gen than just a generic and solid fps experience, if not, this generation of consoles is going to be a huge disappointment.

Generic FPS. lol

Do you have something against Bungie or Activision? You don't even have the game, there's no way you can possibly pass any form of solid verdict. lol

Generic FPS. lol

Do you have something against Bungie or Activision? You don't even have the game, there's no way you can possibly pass any form of solid verdict. lol

The complete version of the game, if you can call it that, is just an extension of the beta. It's a solid FPS with some RPG/MMO elements thrown in.

Read all the reviews, positive and negative, and they all share a common theme - solid, fun, generic FPS gameplay. The beta was identical to it.

As one reviewer put it, jack of all trades, master of none.

I'm out of this one, can't be bothered wasting my time stating the obvious.

The complete version of the game, if you can call it that, is just an extension of the beta. It's a solid FPS with some RPG/MMO elements thrown in.

Read all the reviews, positive and negative, and they all share a common theme - solid, fun, generic FPS gameplay. The beta was identical to it.

Cause you'd know that cause you've played the game a lot haven't you. lol

You really are shallow. Just cause you've read a few reviews you're sat on your high horse and suddenly don't need to buy the game and form your OWN (yes, you're own! Not a reviewer!) opinion.

There's no point even trying to argue. You haven't played the game properly, your opinion is irrelevant and misguided.

Cya then.

it really isnt an extended beta lib, its not really fair you making statements like this when you only played a work in progress, that was capped at level 8 and set up to speed rank. the beta was different to the alpha, and this is an improvement on the beta.....cant wait to see what comes next

it really isnt an extended beta lib, its not really fair you making statements like this when you only played a work in progress, that was capped at level 8 and set up to speed rank. the beta was different to the alpha, and this is an improvement on the beta.....cant wait to see what comes next

Ok. Enjoy the game. I'm saving my cash for the October/November rush of games.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever played an MMO for a fair amount of time?

I do not see why you are attempting to review the game when...

A) You don't even have a copy of the game yourself

B) You don't even know what 'Beta' means. Every single game is an 'extension' of its Beta. A Beta is just an early build of a game, the same game.....So I fail to see how 'Destiny is just an extension of its Beta' is a problem when considering that is the same for every single game, whether Destiny, Watch Dogs or Diablo.

The game is fun.

Did the prologue on Thursday but didn't have time to do much more until this afternoon. I've just spent a solid 3 or 4 hours on it and growing into it nicely after feeling a bit lost initially. I can see myself getting addicted to this game!

LiB - Good on you for waiting for the games rush, but I'm not that patient. I've got Assassin's Creed Unity, Far Cry 4, The Evil Within, Walking Dead S1/2 for PS4, Littlebigplanet 4 all pre-ordered for October/November, but Destiny looks like it'll fill my time till then nicely :D

The game is fun to play, but to be fair to LiB I do agree with what he's saying I've put a few hours in and unless this gets much better it's nothing ground breaking, nice idea and mechanics are great but 500 million dollars or whatever it was? Disappointing.

Quite why he has to say in such an annoying manner on a bi daily basis I will admit confuses me but I don't think he's entirely wrong.

Deffo a fan of the competitive multiplayer on this, it's a blast with friends. It's great bar the annoying, utterly awful voice over guy.

Bit annoying however that a fireteam in co-op can only have up to three players in. I'd like to play the co-op with all my friends and sometimes we have to leave someone out.

The game is fun to play, but to be fair to LiB I do agree with what he's saying I've put a few hours in and unless this gets much better it's nothing ground breaking, nice idea and mechanics are great but 500 million dollars or whatever it was? Disappointing.

Quite why he has to say in such an annoying manner on a bi daily basis I will admit confuses me but I don't think he's entirely wrong.

+1

lol

Who wants to join my club in Driveclub once it's up and running? Can it sway you to purchase a ps4 pablo?

I might get Destiny once it's cheap or borrow a copy from someone.

Hey Dennis, that's at least £150 worth of pre orders! Wow!

Got this game on Saturday and I'm absolutely addicted to the fact of not wanting to come to work today because of it!

I have no friends on it though which is pretty lonely so if you get a chance add me @ OMFG_CarlW8

Ah sorry mate, I didnt recognise your id when you joined me. I would have stayed on longer.

Got this game on Saturday and I'm absolutely addicted to the fact of not wanting to come to work today because of it!

I have no friends on it though which is pretty lonely so if you get a chance add me @ OMFG_CarlW8

u can add me on PSN if you like....its the same as my name here :)

addicted to it myself. got to level 20 now try to go above it. god help 

How does the Fireteam Co-op stuff work,

Im a much lower level than most of the people I know who play this game if I co-op on one of their missions do I get level bumped up to make it possible to do or does it keep you at your low level making the whole thing pointless.

Also another question if you play in the crucible does your level matter for all game types, I.e no point in playing it until your level 20

All weapons/armor of their own type have the same damage/defence.

So a level 1 Auto Rifle does the same damage in the crucible as a level 20 auto rifle in order to balance the levels.

However, higher level weapons do unlock better bonuses. For example, legendary weapons allow unlocks of new scopes, the chance for your enemy to blow up after death etc...However the base damage in the crucible for weapons of the same type is the same to balance lower and upper levels.

How does the Fireteam Co-op stuff work,

Im a much lower level than most of the people I know who play this game if I co-op on one of their missions do I get level bumped up to make it possible to do or does it keep you at your low level making the whole thing pointless.

No you do not get bumped to their level.

It doesn't do this in order to ensure you have content still to play when you hit higher levels.

+1

lol

Who wants to join my club in Driveclub once it's up and running? Can it sway you to purchase a ps4 pablo?

I might get Destiny once it's cheap or borrow a copy from someone.

Hey Dennis, that's at least £150 worth of pre orders! Wow!

More like £250, especially with AC and FC4 both being special editions.

:nigel:

"With its banal universe and flavorless style, Destiny is packed with content, but just ... well ... content. There's a great PvP mode, and the leveling system can be rewarding, but nonetheless this is a pretty, rock-solid, ultimately pedestrian product."

Amen to that.

Comparing this to Diablo isn't fair on Diablo. 90 vs. 75. It's the third highest ranking game on PS4 for a reason.

Even Watchdogs manages 80. A few more negative reviews and it's on a par with Knack. lol

The actual gameplay of Destiny is pretty much identical to Diablo 3, except in Diablo your holding a single button to attack rather than aiming down sights and firing. Destiny is a FPS version of Diablo, the only difference is Diablo has a lot more loot drops. It's actually pretty interesting seeing that all they had to do with Destiny is make more useless loot drop and people would have rated it higher.

Archived